It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - Giant Ribbon Discovered At The Edge of the Solar System

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

I like your friends explanation, PC/EU has never accepted the bow shock model referring to only to the known processes of laboratory plasma physics.
The double layer is a well known phenomena in plasma physics, where the charge exchange occurs across the boundary. In a simple sense this is exactly what it appears. As your friend suggests.

So this is a pretty big deal for PC/EU they say no model can explain it. Well...
That's not exactly true.

Also it sounds like the shape may have changed since this map 6 months ago. Showing a dynamic process, It's not known whether it's a permanent feature, but the galactic magnetic field is controlling it and is now, also known to influence the shape of the heliosphere over the kinetic ploughing through space dribble we've had to endure.

There are no isolated bodies in the electric universe,
Also Just another random thought, the solar system moving through a denser cloud of interstellar dust to emerge approximately another 10,000 years time. The heliosphere has contracted. More stuff is entering into the solar system. It's possible if it's not a permanent feature these things may be related.
Hehe, perhaps the serpent rope after all.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Man I'm just loving the comments these scientist are making.

According to McComas, the ribbon seems to be full of charged particles, which seem to have been concentrated along its length –- but how they got there is a mystery.

IBEX data suggest the alignment of the ribbon is related to the local interstellar magnetic field, which could mean that its origins lie outside of the solar system. The ribbon also appears to have a fine structure, suggesting that the ion concentrations vary along its length.

physicsworld.com...

Oh man this is Sweet!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by squiz]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You know whats really interesting/scary about all this?

Its yet another Mayan sign of the end times coming true:

The Long Count end date on December 21st, 2012 A.D. highlights an astronomical alignment determined by precession. The alignment occurs when the winter solstice sun conjuncts the crossing point of Milky Way and ecliptic in Sagittarius. This crossing point is where the "dark rift" in the Milky Way is, which was known to the ancient Maya as xibalba be (the Road to the Underworld) or simply "the Black Road." Linda Schele identifies the nearby crossing point of Milky Way and ecliptic as the Mayan Sacred Tree, and the modern Quiche call that spot "Crossroads."

Source

So first comes holmes in 2007 which certainly qualifies as the Maya/Hopi blue star prophesied since it was larger than the sun itself and therefore was a unprecedented sign in our skies.

And now this rift which was also prophesied to occur in the same end times.

So now we should see Nibiru/Wormwood/Planet X make its appearence in the next two years and its looking pretty likely to me after reading ET_MAN's excellent thread.

Threads like these are interesting: Not Venus?

Or the fact that images from Google Sky disappears: Linkage

Everything seems to occur according to the ancient prophecies in my opinion... its exciting times to be alive. Everyone should look into the Mayan ancient stories because they are very accurate this far. They were very gifted astronomers and knew this would happen. Believe me, their calendar ending on 2012 is no coincidence. Its a sign/message from them to the people who would be living in this time.

There is far too many coincidences coming true now to ignore.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If this is all the information you have for the 2012 prophecies you have to get more than that. I say this because even though you believe in coincidence or not, there isn’t a lot of evidence for anything. I agree with you that the Mayans were great astronomers, but how does the ribbon in space have to do with the dark rift in any way? Not trying to offend your judgement I, just don’t see the similarities? Care to explain?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
If this is all the information you have for the 2012 prophecies you have to get more than that. I say this because even though you believe in coincidence or not, there isn’t a lot of evidence for anything. I agree with you that the Mayans were great astronomers, but how does the ribbon in space have to do with the dark rift in any way? Not trying to offend your judgement I, just don’t see the similarities? Care to explain?

Nope. Your interpretation of this "ribbon" may be completely different than mine and thats fine. Im not going to spend time to convince you because interpretation of information is relative to who you are as a person.

For example, Im not a big believer in religious threads for example, and if it turns out there is a God, I will be guilty of not believing. Nothing will change that opinion in me short of God himself coming down to have a cup of coffee with me.

So thats why I realize that I cant get people to believe anything that doesnt ring true to them, and thats fine.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What I would find more intresting is, what happenes to the voyager probes after they pass through this. are their signals going to be able to penetrate it?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Neither the Maya nor the Hopi have a prophetic account for doomsday on 2012. Their calendars and legends are historical accounts not prophecies. The date 2012, winter solstice, is solely from the Maya and is the end of their calendar that is based on the motions of Earth and Venus. Out of all the things that I have read about the Maya and other ancient civilizations a "prophetic doomsday" scenario is not among them. This is an added feature simple to sell books and movies.

What the Maya (Inca-Aztec-MesoAmerican-Toltec-Olmec), Hopi, Anasazi and Native North Americans did know is amazing to say the least but most people focus on the doomsday fallacy... Why?
Do people like to think that the world is going to explode soon? Maybe this is Catholic apocalyptic conditioning. If you spend a little time on your own investigating what the Maya calendar is really about you will be pleasantly surprised. The "doomsday" fantasy is nothing compared to what these ancient civilizations really knew.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The name "ribbon" is misleading, it is information of a very small area from the few spacecraft that are out there. I would think that this is more like a Solar bubble and the term "ribbon" refers to the tiny area that we have actually measured.

The short version is that this is the edge of our local time/space bubble. Outside of this is an inter-stellar galactic medium which would be more of a galactic time/space bubble. The Galaxy has a rotational acceleration and gravity pressure within it and this directly effects its time and the same goes for our Solar bubble according to relativity. So "Time" can literally be measured to flow at different rates in and out of these Solar/galactic bubbles.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Other than the one post with a vid that had an older Wilcock vid, I'm surprised that none of you have gone into what REALLY is happening with our solar system and what is causing the magnetic ribbon to happen.

In this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... the link to Wilcock's latest blockbuster blog post is included.

I have included the other thread in order to try to keep the discussion of Wilcock's latest post in one thread, but in Wilcock's latest blog, there are a number of highly-diverse topics of discussion that can easily garner their own threads.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
i read recently about some scientist who claims that planet x has already come and gone but it was somehow retracted away from our gravitational pull, as if someone or something had pushed it away from entering our back yard. he also said how earth is always being "saved" from alot of event happening in our sky, like meteors hitting earth. its almost as if he was implying someone keeps saving us from disasters.

well we all know aliens are constantly watching/protecting us so maybe this "ribbon" is one of their latest creations? to save us from something?

aliens are not saving us they saving their underground labs full of new species destined for other new planets we were made too by them for this planet but we will be replaced soon by new models according to alex colier we were replaced 7 times already. The eaarth is a giant zoo or Eden when they invent and try out new models

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by k3456789

Alex collier is full of it. He said in 2006 I think it was, that by 2007 people would be feeling the fourth density. And by 2009 we would be moving in and out of fourth and fifth density. I don’t feel any different than I did in 2007. Well not anything out of the ordinary. At least david wilcock steals other scientists ideas, so it makes is presentations actually seem interesting. This guy has nothing but a Sci-Fi story. By the way, what really is the 5th density? Like are our atoms supposed to change? How would our DNA mutating/changing cause us to move densities? Our DNA mutates like 150 times in our life time supposedly?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If our solar system is coming into alignment with the galactic center couldn't centrifugal forces be pushing material outwards from the center bombarding this bubble like field and heating it up? This might explain why the planets in our solar system have been heating up. This whole thing brings up other questions.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OK Folks. Let's not stray too far Off Topic , Please.

Please take the comments about politics , SAT scores, Wilcock etc. to the appropriate threads.

TIA

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Alex collier is full of it. He said in 2006 I think it was, that by 2007 people would be feeling the fourth density. And by 2009 we would be moving in and out of fourth and fifth density. I don’t feel any different than I did in 2007. Well not anything out of the ordinary. At least david wilcock steals other scientists ideas, so it makes is presentations actually seem interesting. This guy has nothing but a Sci-Fi story. By the way, what really is the 5th density? Like are our atoms supposed to change? How would our DNA mutating/changing cause us to move densities? Our DNA mutates like 150 times in our life time supposedly?

we have dogs brains compare to alien species and that is why we have to deny the truth or believe in fake science theories like evolution or that we are alone

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Do you have just one little shred of evidence, or is ALL of this faith? Anything and I mean show me ANYTHING that shows this guy is a little credible?? There is other Alex Collier threads on here, and some people put of some very interesting posts. Like he even said George bush was a good president in 2001. If he did have contact with E.Ts they would of told him about 9/11, especially if they traveled. But I am not going to discuss this it is getting off topic, if u want to debate this make another forum or msg me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
"The expectations of NASA scientists are not being met because their shock front model is incorrect. The boundary that Voyager has reached is more complex and structured than a mechanical impact.” —Wal Thornhill, September 2006.

Here's the article from Wall Thornhill.

Electric Sun Verified

The Z-pinch model offers a simple explanation for the “giant ribbon” found wrapped around the heliosphere. The Z-pinch is naturally aligned with the interstellar magnetic field. Solar “wind” ions are scattered and neutralized by electrons from the Birkeland current filaments to form ENA’s coming from the Z-pinch ring, a giant ring about the solar system and orthogonal to the interstellar magnetic field.

The Sun’s heliospheric circuit is connected to the galaxy via the central column and the disk of charged particles. The current path is traced by magnetic fields. The “open” helical magnetic fields discovered high above the Sun’s poles by the Ulysses spacecraft are supportive of Alfvén’s stellar circuit model. And the solar “wind” would seem to connect to the broader disk of charged particles about the heliosphere.

Given the detail in this model we should expect, as more data comes in, that researchers may find in the ENA “ribbon,” bright spots, filamentary structures, and movement of the bright spots consistent with rotation of Birkeland current filament pairs and their possible coalescence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/348e8d435d9a.jpg[/atsimg]

Just to add, this explains the narrow ribbon of ENA's mapped by IBEX and the larger band of charged particles along it seen by Cassini.
Of course we may eventually map the entire solar circuitry and people will still deny it. Took a while to convince some the Earth was round I bet.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by squiz]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IonDrive
What if?

What if our entire Existence; Solar System, Galaxy, Universe and beyond were all particles in a sealed beacon, floating around in a vacuum on some lab desk, or a kids "pet project"...

Just a thought...

[edit on 10/16/2009 by IonDrive]

Then the next question would be what is that lab desk, or kids pet project in. Would it be like a universe within a universe, with in a universe, ect. ect.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
If our solar system is coming into alignment with the galactic center couldn't centrifugal forces be pushing material outwards from the center bombarding this bubble like field and heating it up? This might explain why the planets in our solar system have been heating up. This whole thing brings up other questions.

I have thought about this and the question I have is,"How are we aligned to the galactic center?"

Our solar system is floating out on a spiral arm of the galaxy (Orion Arm) and we bob up and down through the galactic plane in an oscillating wave that is 80 to 90 million years long. We pass through the galactic plane 5 times in one galactic revolution (2.7 oscillations per galactic rotation @ 225-250 Million years).

Our solar system is tilted by around 60 degrees to the galactic plane so on winter solstice our Sun will rise in alignment with the galactic center.
Is our solar system fixed at this position or do we always face the galactic center?

I made some images to help illustrate this question (rotational vs. non-rotational Solar ecliptic).

This is an alignment at winter solstice as viewed from Earth. The Milky Way's north pole is pointing down following the right hand rule.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3136968c80e.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a side view with a non-rotating solar plane of the ecliptic, much like the planet Uranus' orbit around the Sun. Solstice alignments will only occur at two positions in a galactic rotation. Keep in mind that the galactic rotation in these images are clockwise so the equinoxes are inverted.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45c4aab3022e.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a view looking down on the Earth's north pole, little blue dots represent the Earth. This is also a non-rotating solar ecliptic. Notice the retrograde rotation of the Galaxy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/273e222548ae.jpg[/atsimg]

Side view with a rotating solar plane of the ecliptic that is aligned with the galactic center.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bc56a61626c.jpg[/atsimg]

Solar north view showing our solar ecliptic in rotation with the galaxy and always facing towards the center.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43463c2ca8f3.jpg[/atsimg]

I would think that naturally we should be aligned with the galactic plane but we are edge on facing the galactic center. This may have been the cause for the theory that we might be from another galaxy originally (Sagittarius). We are not aligned with Sagittarius but it does appear to also be tilted edge on to the Milky Way (I don't know if it has a 60* tilt). Keep in mind that we would have accelerated along with the Milky Way changing our original alignment.

As for the ejection of material (energy) from the galactic center due to centrifugal forces I think this is how Quasars are created.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Great thread.

It really should bring home to most people that there is definately something that 'holds it all together' so to speak. I guess it's just like the 'skin' of a bubble that little kids (and some adults) like to blow around their backyards.

This supposed, possible and highly likely version of thinking about the solar system and even the universe could even raise some questions about the nature of consciousness.

I had a little thought pop into my mind and that thought is this:

Let's just say that solar systems and galaxies are held in place by an electric entity, like little neighbourhoods. Between each neighbourhood is nothing, vast space void of activity.

If a human being were to travel outside of the areas containing the electricity, would the brain of that human simply switch off? Sure, most would say that the brain is functioning on a chemical level of charge, but then we have scientists saying that there is more to the fusion reaction of the Sun than we once thought.

So, would or could our brains just turn off if we were to exit a charged zone of space?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I like the way you think, neutrality is only the balance of electric force.
Just like to step out of the scientific into the philosophic for a moment
Electricity seems to be the magical stuff of creation.

Memory and consciousness can only come about through a circuit a feedback loop.

Looking at large scale simulations of cosmic structures is it only a coincidence that it looks remarkably like a neural map of the brain?

The galaxy regulates the sun, the sun regulates the Earths double layer or magnetosphere, the ionosphere resonates from the sun and from lightning. (lightning is part of the global circuitry) this creates the Schumann resonance that influences the brain waves of all mamillian creatures.

And of course electricity animates all living things.

To answer your question I think no, however the brain wave patterns are regulated through Schumann resonance. So potentially an altered state.

The visible universe is over 99% plasma, it was named plasma because it resembled living blood plasma. Plasma self organizes into sheets, fillaments and cells. Likewise biology is synonymous with the structures and functions of plasma. Plasma also displays fractal qualities of structure and time. From the tiniest of discharges in the lab to the largest structures in the universe.

We have a self organizing universe of electrified plasma.

Btw notice the complete lack of the word plasma in all these mainstream articles on this subject. Hot gas it is not, plasma obeys different laws.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by squiz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join