It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shared Dreaming, Mutual Dreaming... where do you fit in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Have you ever had a dream, that you told a friend or family member that you recognized in the dream and have them turn to you and tell you that they have had the same dream? Have they described scenery or events in the dream that were exactly as you had dreamt?

Have you had this happen with more then one person?

If so please share your shared dreams here.

This is something that I have had, albiet very rare occurances throught my life but it demonstrates a hidden potential and phenomena about the possibility of objective dreaming.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have typed this b4 in another thread but will do it again for your thread.

I had a messed up dream one time and was about to tell a friend of mine about it and he stopped me and told me his....we got half way thru and I stopped him and told him the rest in detail.
By the end of me telling him the end of the dream our eyes were watering and the hair was up on the back of our necks.
Its one of the strangest things ever to me.
To this day he is one of my absolute best friends.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Have you ever had a dream, that you told a friend or family
member that you recognized in the dream and have them turn
to you and tell you that they have had the same dream?

No. But I have on a few occassions had dreams with other people who appeared to recognize me. Usually when you look into somebody's eyes in a dream, it's clear that they're automated dream constructs. They have no consciousness. It's like looking into the eyes of a cartoon.

But sometimes, I've looked into someone's eyes during a dream and seen absolute shock. As if they recognized me. Or as if they were a real human being suddenly realizing that they were dreaming.

It's only happened a few times in my life. And never anyone that I've known. Very vivid experience when it happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I see what others are dreaming while I am asleep quite often. It's been happening for so long that now I recognize when it is not my own dream but someone else's.

It only happens with people I am close to and only at certain times. I suspect also that I can alter or affect what they are dreaming about sometimes too.

I take this ability for granted and I don't deliberately "invade" other's dreams. It just happens at times.

Often the person I am "peeking" at is having some sort of emotionally charged dream and I think that's what enables me to do this because I am extremely empathic.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

On this subject Go to thisman.org... There is a man appearing in dreams all over the world. People have begun putting up posters of him. This is very strange.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

On this subject Go to thisman.org... There is a man appearing in dreams all over the world. People have begun putting up posters of him. This is very strange.

thisman.org has been debunked as being viral marketing. For what, I don't know. But the domain is registered to a guerrilla marketing firm.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

That inspired this thread when I read it was a [HOAX] because the phenomena of shared dreaming is very real. This thread may provide some legitamacy for the reality of shared dreaming if more ATS member share their accounts.

I do realize how rare it is. And I also know some of the factors that make it so. When I have more time, I will return and detail everything I know based on my personal expeirences with this phenomena in this thread.

Perhaps add more insights to members who might want to explore this phenomena further.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I have experienced shared dreaming, with people who are dear to me and people I did not know that well at all. Maybe have you seen this man is an experiment by advertisers to see if they could influence dreams. The people behind thisman have a pretty good sense of humour.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Dreams are our nighttime consciousness activities. Every one here falls asleep and enters this world that we call the Dream.

What do you know about this world? The Dream World? It is very real, just as this moment right now is very real. What is it, that makes both the dream world, and this world real?

Is it consciousness? Is it you?

What is the dreamer?

It's a question that I challenge you with, as you are essential in the definition of what a dreamer is.

My experience with shared dreams has been very informative. The quality of the experience is hard to convey. It has an intrinsic value that seems beyond everything we know right now, yet as a dreamer. We seem unnaturally to know.

Shared dreaming started for me with an out-of-body experience. I had met a person in this "Dream World" that we go to when we sleep. And that person is a very great friend of mine. In the dream, we were on a street near a Burger King, and I approached him.

He recognized me and I told him naturally that it was me. In the "Dream World" he looked around amazed and we flew, as that is a common mode of transport in a dream. And we ended up on a street near my house at that time.

To make this long dream story short. I called him that morning and both of us described the meeting, both of us remembered clearly some portions of it. I know it sounds incredible, and trust me it was. It was amazing.

That experience alone showed me that somehow when we are conscious and in a dream state, there is a potential of objectivity beyond our personal subjectivity we assume the "Dream World" is all about.

What did I learn? In one very key point in the dream, my friend lost what appeared to be consciousness and entered a rather drug like, near mindless state.

This is kind of a creepy observation, but I need to share it as I have witnessed this phenomena many more times after. This state, let's call it "Sleeper's Grogg" for a lack of a good laymen term. This state appears to indicate some shift in consciousness and what did my friend experience at this moment in his dream.

A total fractured and different dream took place. He seemed to have projected or personalized his dream over what appeared as the objective component of dreaming that we shared.

This "Sleeper's Grogg" is truly a reoccurring theme with other people I would meet when I was in a conscious state during a dream.

I know this is a lot of detail, and I am simplifying some of the concepts of the experience but it is real, and this is very cool information if you are dreamer.
It's part of your world too.

This state fundamentally exists with people who have no waking consciousness present. I am not sure if they are in this spectrum or datastream of dream reality and in this state because they are projecting another profound thought overlaying the current thought stream.

The fact the communication took place at all demonstrates the phenomenology here. I have asked people questions in this "Dream World" when in this state and they appear unable to answer due to some shutdown of the logical faculty of their consciousness.

In other shared dreams more traits linking this bizarre state would become apparent. The more conscious they were, the more likely the dream was shared. The less conscious they were, the less likely the dream was shared.

I'd like to point out the formula here, dreaming consciousness is a key in linking mutual dreaming. At least it's some personal evidence based on my experiences that makes obvious sense for such a profoundly seemingly irrational experience such as shared dreaming.

Perhaps you have also observed people in this state if you are a lucid or conscious dreamer.

Experiences like these are essential in why I encourage dream literacy. That enough people are struggling with the fact they even have a dream, where ultimately there are those of us who can struggle with the fact we do have a dream.

It's all about relationships with ourselves at a truly profound level. An understanding of consciousness, sentience and creativity. Knowing ones self, means to also know the dreamer.

At least, that's my humble opinion, so please share yours.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
One might say that reality is a shared dream of our collective conciousness. I myself beleive this can happen, however I don't know if I have ever had one as the person I think I shared dreams with I never asked them about if they had the same one, didn't wanna seem like a coockoo!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It happened to me once (and it happened in my family more than once).

Sharing a dream

(I just hate repeating myself...
)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It's sad that such important threads reach narcolepsy. I remember that thread, and it's great that you share in your real expeirences with this phenomena.

I hope more members can open up to this reality. I defiantly will never deny the reality of it. I truly just want to understand it. I think I do at the most fundamental level of my own intellect.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I had a shared dream once.

In my dream was an ex girlfriend and we had a dream together.
We did not live together.
The next day I mentioned the dream and she had the same dream.

The slight difference was that at the end of the dream she mentioned seeing our child (we had no children) but I saw a grey alien.

I have dreamt of this place many times, it is desert like with small bushy plants and has dark blue sky which is quite bright. There are small concrete buildings.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by Vanitas

It's sad that such important threads reach narcolepsy.

Good choice of words!

And it goes for more and more threads, lately... Have you noticed?
Alas, it's usually the most thought-provoking ones that are buried the first.

But I am digressing...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've had this happen twice....when I was a kid.

The first time I was maybe 9 or 10 and hung around with this guy in my class - he was like one of my best friends in primary school. I was telling him about a dream I had the night before about a chick in my class that was running a race in our school field. - he looked shocked when he said that he'd had the same dream on the same night and gave me extra details about it. I was pretty shocked too - he was a very logical kid that wasn't really into hocusy pocusy stuff.

The other dream was around the same age; - I was on a space ship (I know it was a dream - I was NOT abducted) and the aliens on it were bad - not evil, just bad - I was with a few other kids (maybe 4) and we all broke loose and started running down this corridor-type space, being chased by the aliens........as we turned a corner, I saw a different friend who had been caught by them - she was struggling to get out of their grasp but stopped and gave up when I looked at her - she looked suprised to see me........I didn't stop to help her as it was an every-man-for-himself kind of situation and kept running with the other kids.
The next day I was telling her about the dream and she started completing it ....describing the same things that had happened - she said she'd been taken by aliens and was fighting them and then saw me and some other kids come pelting down a corridor and got mad 'cause I left her there

I've had so many weird dreams and premonitions but alot of the time, I dream about little things that I've experienced/seen that week etc

new topics

top topics

join