It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moderately different winter...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

A moderately different winter...

blogs.discovery.com

A more southerly Pacific jetstream shaped by El Niño leads forecasters to predict a wetter and cooler south and a drier and warmer north across the United States this winter.

While the warm sea surface temperatures in the central and eastern Pacific are the strongest signal defining the 2009-2010 winter outlook issued by the Climate Prediction Center of the National Weather Service, forecasters are not expecting a strong El Niño. The moderate conditions that continue to take hold across the equator lead forecasters to predict only modest departures from normal seasonal weather patterns a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Wow, it looks like we might have a white Christmas in Texas this year. Well, not necessarily Christmas, but definitely looks like colder and wetter. Here in Dallas, we get ice storms and occasionally some snow. However, as the article indicates (along with the maps above), it looks like we will be experiencing a rare "el nino" winter. Although, I don't recall having any unusual weather here during the last El Nino.

Anyhow, I wanted to share with you all, so you can get a glimpse of what to expect, weather wise, over the next few months.

There goes my electric bill

Enjoy!

blogs.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's feeling like that is how it'll be over here already. I'm in Georgia, US, and it dipped into the FORTIES today - it's only October!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sweet. Ohio needs a drier winter. People around here can't drive in the rain let alone the snow. Idiots needs their licenses revoked

Edit: I should specify that columbus people can't drive for crap... country mutha ****** know you don't need to go 20 in a 65 when it's sprinkling

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ItIsWhatItIs]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Its already snowing here in Michigan, I don't think El nino has the power to hold back our winter, old man winter here doesn't speak Spanish so the boy doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i'm not going to put stock in that.. while it would be nice... we have already had lows of 9above here in montana, and our high for today was 52, which is a nice temp for me.. but its early in the year for these temps.. could suprise me but i am thinking a real winter for a change.. ok well maby just hoping..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
About early December buy citrus futures because they are likely to get some hard frost in Florida.
And look for any other crops that might be damaged by frost or drought for next year.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good to see a little chart to go with what I've been experiencing here in central Texas. Cold cloudy rainy days. Even 1 or 2 days like that at the end of September. Quite strange. Interesting to see how cold it will get in the next 2-3 months. White Christmas? I hope so, it's been so long..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Ya im in the detroit area and it has so far not snowed yet. But My dad was upnorth at one of our places in the gaylord area and he said that it was snowing last weekend. Im defiantly not ready for that white stuff yet. I work outside everyday and hate being wet and cold all day.

MBF

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That's kind of the way it's going right now in south Georgia. A little wetter and cooler than normal.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It was another beautiful balmy tropical 92 degree day here in sunny Miami without a hint of rain.

What's it like to be cold?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It is cold and wet here in North Carolina too. The normal temp is around 70F this time of year but this week it has been 47F to 54 F. BRRrrr

This summer has been very cool here.

For the entire summer, we only had two days with temps of 95F and two days with temps of 96F the rest of the time we were below 95F and normally only in the eighties. At total of four Hot days! And none above 100F I expect about two weeks of temps between 95F and 100F, but not this summer.

In May of 2004 (the last sunspot peak) we had fourteen days of temps between 91F and 95F and two days of 98F. Even April that year had six days above 90F. This year we did not see temps above 90F until June and the high was only 93F instead of the expected 98F

I guess I should expect snow this winter.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Living in the California Delta region, el Nino only means one things...Get the sandbags out...We'll be in flood fighting mode in January through March. I've been through about three El nino years as an adult and I've seen the rivers raise up from what we call the Pineapple express. El nino is more than just a little more rain to the people living in the California Delta...its trouble...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
They got it wrong already, several parts in the north it is colder than usual, with several record colds and we already had blizzard like snow storms, which usually do not occur this early up north.

I just posted two threads showing what is happening up north, and so far it has been colder and wetter, and not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh this is my worse nightmare. I live in North Carolina and drive a scooter. I have already had to bust out my leather and winter gear. Not to mention it has rained on me every day this week. People around here can not drive here when it is dry and sunny out much less if stuff is falling from the sky. I work insurance claims and I know people suck at driving in the snow/ice in cities that are prepared for it and here the city is not prepared at all. I only hope this weather report is wrong.

whatever happened to global warming? That would be nice right now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
supposed to be rain/snow across the cny snow belt (buffalo to syracuse) today; doesn't seem to out of the ordinary tho..we usually get first snow falls around this time..maybe a little closer to halloween but still not too out of the norm.

The tug hill area (between syracuse and watertown) has already had some snow falls tho..I think it snows through the summer there tho :p

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yah your right, snow in october is totally normal

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Wow, it looks like we might have a white Christmas in Texas this year.

Sure enough...a white/whitish Christmas....and maybe more on the way!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OH PLEASE!

I am praying for alot of dryness this winter...I in Chicago am sick and tired of snow!

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
WOW!!! This weather model has been fairly accurate...at least here in the DFW area.

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport had recorded 12.5 inches by Friday morning. It was the greatest 24-hour total in the Dallas/Fort Worth area since 12.1 inches fell January 15, 1964, the National Weather Service said.

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join