It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering things from a perspective not your own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is a very simple concept, really. Have you ever had a memory, or still have a memory, that is not from your point of view. For example, when I was 11, I remember my father telling me to get off the computer (I'm not that old). In my memory, I don't remember me looking at him, but rather, I remember it as if from a perspective behind my father. I can see him and I can actually see myself, as if a camera was behind my father.

The next day we were in a very bad accident where our car was totaled, but everyone survived with no major injuries (thank God). But that's the thing, have any of you experienced a memory from a different perspective, maybe one with you being able to see yourself? And if so, did anything important happen to you afterwards?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

When I think back to some of my childhood memories some of them are similar to what you have described but not with a traumatic event.

I think this is just the brain trying to compensate for weak memory or something similar. Could also be because of the event in your case if that makes sense.

Just my opinion.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yes all the time!!!

Actually, it can become a problem because I will often dream in same 3rd person perspective, so there have been times where I had to think very hard to tell if something was a dream or if it really happened. Especially when I blackout while drunk. I will wake up and not know if my memories were dreams or events that occurred while I was blacked out.

Anyways...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ItIsWhatItIs]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

This experience perfectely describes a large part of the Near Death Experience as reported by many in their "life Review"

That is experiencing everything done in your life, your life flashing before your eyes but from the point of veiw of those you do it to.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I sometimes deliberately remember stuff from another perspective than my own...as a mental exercise.

(The car-accident-event may have caused temporary dissociation-from-body which caused an outside perspective btw)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky do you mean as in putting yourself in their shoes, using mindfullness of the situation and event to be able to reorientate yourself to their perpsective.

Or are you saying actually experience it as they did?

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

join