It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one is innocent but we Christans didn't do it

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by the siren

Originally posted by helen670
What the high powers do does not nessasarily mean that all the people are also corrupted, as each will be personally judged according to their own,be it ignorance of the truth!

That's a good thing, otherwise we'd all be screwed!

The Prayers of Saints are Scripture based and a valid in the Old and New Testament!

Thanks for the scriptures. I need to study them before I reply properly.

By the way, I love reading your posts.

Hi T.Siren/

Thank you for your kind reply!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Second try on link

Blasted Yahoo. Like I said- this is what happens when the evil who call themselves Christians goes completely unchecked.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

yikes. those poor kids! what that really is an example of is not christianity or any other kind of mainstream religion. it's an example of what happens when a bunch of people all get on the same bandwagon and decide some sectors of society should be shunned, beaten, stabbed, beheaded, burned, robbed, raped, shot, executed, drowned, murdered, or taken advantage of, for not being like the other members of the community. it has nothing to do with religion, per sey, and everything to do with "what is the norm." if the norm says, "that's weird", then the process starts and has varying levels of severity.

same atrocities and worse have happened all over the planet, in every religion and non-religion, often for no better reason than fear of people who are somehow different or viewed to be different based on a pre-conceived set of criteria.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
But just to remind everyone, the OP is

No one is innocent but we Christans didn't do it

I am starting to wonder if this a troll thread; because the OP spelt Christians wrong and hasn't replied once.

Thanks for pointing out the typo. If only you had done it sooner, then I could have changed it before the window for title edits closed.

I'm not trolling, I just have a very demanding job and it takes time to read replies and formulate counter replies. I honestly didn't think there would be so many...not that I'm complaining - it's good to see all the varying opinions.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
post by helen670 and post by searching4truth in my opinion both give compelling evidence as to why Catholics may in fact be Christians, so until I see equally compelling evidence to the contrary, I'm changing my opinion:

I concede that Catholics are in fact Christians. This concession of course invalidates some of my arguments, but I still believe that those involved in the Crusades were not behaving in a Christian manner. As Helen670 put it:

I also believe that many who say they are Christians are not truly Christians,it may be by name alone, but Jesus Christ never allows violence to solve problems.

So they may be Christian in name, but they went against what Christ prescribed.

Undo, if I could star your post that I've quoted below multiple times I would...

Originally posted by undo
when i was born, i was not a christian. the moment i became a christian i inherited like 2000 years of horrid crimes. now mind you, i'm reading this lovely man named yeshua, who is talking about ghandi type stuff and reminds me of a hippy, and i'm thinking... oh this guy is awesome. and WHAM! the other shoe dropped and i was informed that i was now responsible for what some guy who called himself a christian did in 1400 AD, 1000 AD, 1600 AD, 1900 AD and now 2000 AD and all points inbetween.

shock to the system? well yeah! how i went from this great idea of loving your neighbor and so on, to being instantly responsible for the crusades i will never know. it's so ludicrous, it's beyond ludicrous!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by the siren

Tell you the truth even after the rapture occurs most people here on ATS will say it was Aliens or something, and then when all of the bibles prophices come true they will still refuse to belive.... So really you cant fix stupid you know the truth you tell them the truth and if the choose to belive differntly its there life and the good lord saw fit to give us free will.

I wish all those who believe the "christian" science fiction that rapture will occur before all the nasty stuff happens, would read what Jesus said about the subject in Matthew 24 and align their eschatology with Jesus rather than try and have Him fit their desires.

I also wish that people would use Firefox when posting, because it has a spell check which will make them look more intelligent.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the siren
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread510849/pg3#pid7348811]
I concede that Catholics are in fact Christians. This concession of course invalidates some of my arguments, but I still believe that those involved in the Crusades were not behaving in a Christian manner.

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I do not believe that any "religious war" has anything to do with religion there is always a political motivation. Wealth and power are the motivation, although not always justifiable to the parents of a young deceased soldier (or worse "collateral damage"). People will not give up their children for 1000's extra acres for the empire, gold for the leaders, or cheap oil, but they will, and feel honored, if that child died defending the faith or God. It is a sick situation imho, when a government uses religion to justify the murder (and often rape, theft, torture, or any other atrocity) for war.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I find it difficult to comprehend that there are those who feel the need to define themselves by their faith.

I'd have to say that my own spiritual beliefs (which are really NOYB) come way down the list after father, husband, brother, uncle, friend etc.

Using any particular belief system to not only define yourself, but to further one's political or personal powerbase is just wrong in my opinion. To send others to die for and to kill in the name of any belief is completely mad.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
I also wish that people would use Firefox when posting, because it has a spell check which will make them look more intelligent.

This post will probably get deleted for off-topic, but I've been on a roll of that lately.

I wish people would use restraint when reading/replying to peoples posts, because complaining about spelling makes them look childish.

Mirthful Me, you on that delete button yet?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by the siren

You're right, but wrong in the same instance. Christians of spirit didn't do these acts, christians of self-profession did.

Hypocrisy abounds.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
no one is perfect, all men are flawed. if any christian, of any denomination, passes judgment on anyone or tries to appear better or more pure because of their religion, they are not a true christian. of course we all have a habit of passing judgment on others at times without realizing it, but if you admit that you have done wrong and have sinned and are ashamed then you have a right to call yourself christian. and its the same for all sins. you follow the word of God and the lessons and practices of Jesus and sincerely ask for forgiveness then you are a true christian. in God's eyes all sins are equal, even though in our eyes its hard to understand that when crimes that are commited can range from bad to atrocious. you cannot judge a religion and call someone a hypocrite for something that every man of every walk of life who has or can commit the same crimes. every man sins, there are no exceptions to christians. the only difference is how they atone and repent for their mistakes. since all sins are equal in gods eyes, if a man on death row for murder repents and accepts jesus as his saviour before (even right before) he is put to death, he can still be saved and welcomed into the kingdom of heaven.

so dont be mistaken when a christian says murder is a sin and you will be eternally damned, and then some person who CLAIMS to be christian goes and murders people. you cant judge the whole christian religion and all christian people just because one person, or a few people CLAIM to be christian and they do horrible things. if you truly have jesus in your heart, you would have no desire ever to commit such horrible acts (pedophilia, murder, suicide, anything that would hurt yourself or others around you). its like in a lot of other religions, like islam, a lot of the islamic people get it wrong and resort to violence because "if you do not worship 'our' religion then you must die" (terrorism). every man who commits a horrible crime regardless of their religion is a terrorist. and if you commit a crime that is against what your religion teaches then you are not true to your beliefs.

my point is in the end we are all hypocrites if we do things that contradict our beliefs. but its going to happen no matter what because all men are impure and sinful and nothing can change that. all we can do is repent sincerely, try to stay away from those wrongs, improve our lives, and follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

and if you dont believe in god or anything at all, at least absorb this info. dont judge or hate christians just because everyone else has a false understanding of them. do all your own research and get all the facts before you put it down. people say its a hate crime to discriminate against other religions, cultures, or lifestyles, yet christianity is the most hated and judged.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join