It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese man arrested in U.S. for stealing Ford docs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

When I was in Russia in '85 everything on wheels looked like a clone of US and European models especially their aircraft. Made you wonder if they ever designed anything themselves.

Now now now. Everybody KNOWS we were stealing our designs from THEM!

I mean, have you seriously never read Shakespeare in the original Russian?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

In Soviet Russia aircraft designs steal YOU.

I heard Chuck Norris is actually KGB but even the government dare not anger him by looking into it to much.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm just surprised it took them ten years to figure this guy out.

You would think Ford would have one of the most sophisticated system in the world to prevent the theft of its trade secret.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I talked with a friend at work yesterday, who went to china like 5 years ago..he siad over thier, thier jsut starting to get into cars, as opposed to bikes, and its growing. Its anticipated the auto market will explode in the coming decades. My take on this is, he was going to tkae these secrets back to china, and either sell them,(blackmaret them) to competitors, so they can have an upperhand on ford, or..modify the entire combsution engine in it, and desigen, and open his own auto imndustry*

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Chinese man arrested in U.S. for stealing Ford docs

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON, Oct 15 (Reuters) - A Chinese man who formerly worked at Ford Motor Co (F.N) has been arrested and charged with stealing trade secrets, including sensitive design documents, from the automaker, the U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday.

Authorities on Wednesday arrested Xiang Dong Yu, a product engineer at Ford from 1997 to early 2007, on charges he attempted to steal Ford trade secrets, stole some documents and used them to try to get work with Chinese automotive companies, the department said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Wow this chinese man was stupid he could have waited a couple of months and china could buy them.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

You would think Ford would have one of the most sophisticated system in the world to prevent the theft of its trade secret.

I don't know how things are now, but I had friends in the 80's who's daddys were Ford execs. They had a special showing for employees where they could bring family and friends to see all the new stuff before it was shown to the public. At the design house, they left tons of stuff wide open and of course being a curious kid I was poking around the blueprints and the prototyping labs, completely unattended. I got to see a bunch of junk, including a new model still being hammered out by hand (the Ford Probe it looked like since it had the strut bumps on the hood) that was years off at the time.

Of course I wasn't spying but someone with alterior motives could have.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by pluckynoonez

Well it's a good thing the US Government wasn't in charge of Ford or Obama would have apologized for not making it easier to steal.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

Getting so tired of the divisiveness.

Obama hasn't got anything to do with this, is it that hard to keep his name out of your mouth?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So between them sending all of our jobs over to China, and
The Chinese stealing our plans we don't stand much of a chance
when it comes to employment.

S&F

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually, the documents were stolen so the Chinese could find out what NOT to do so their companies don't end up in the toilet like US auto companies.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Industrial Espionage is ranked very high up in the ladder of threat levels. But everyone knows that the chinese buy the original reverse engineer it and re manufacture their own so called industrial products. What the japanese did in the 80's the chinese are doing in the 00, its just a 20 year difference.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Robert Hannsen stole highly secretive materials from the CIA for more then 20 years.

Stealing trade secrets from Ford for a decade without notice doesn't seem that unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What the heck in the auto industry is a 'trade secret'????

There have been no significant leaps and bounds made in the auto industry in decades.

Unless he stole some kind of free energy motor design, everybody just needs to settle down and go back to work.

Jeez.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My cousin who has since passed on was head of Chevrolet design told me back in the '60's that industrial espionage was a real thing back then. He said the most obvious place this was carried out was in the local pubs where the executives and engineers would hangout after work. At that time he said the worry was their competitors here in the US.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
Getting so tired of the divisiveness.

Obama hasn't got anything to do with this, is it that hard to keep his name out of your mouth?

If Bush was at the helm he would have been in my rhetorical crosshairs as well. This isn't about party politics.

I'm all about whats best for Joe Sixpack not some holier than thou politicians who does whats in their best interest attempting to be geopoliticaly correct instead of whats good for the nation.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
They should have let him go and handed him the keys to the vault with all the "trade secrets" in it... If would be a matter of time before China started to fall apart if they started using Fords trade secrets...Cars wheels would start falling off.... I say let them have the damn things they would begging us to take them back after they started building them..

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Defense Department Official Convicted in Espionage Case

A Defense Department official was convicted Friday of providing classified information to a Chinese government agent and lying to the FBI about it.

A federal jury in Alexandria convicted James W. Fondren Jr. on three counts, prosecutors said. He was acquitted on four other espionage-related counts. Fondren was the second Pentagon official charged in an espionage ring that provided highly sensitive military information to China.

It's happening everywhere it seems, even American citizens are committing espionage. I have to wonder that maybe everybody sees where the US is going and are getting what they can from the soon to be corpse before we die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join