It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's easier to blame THEM than yourself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've been digging to find "the ultimate truth" for a very long time now.
In my path I found many things.. some I took with me, others were disposable. And I've seen things from both sides.

Some people I met along my way, the ones who claimed to be super spiritual, humanitarian, lovers of love (lol) and against the masters in disguise-(ironic smile here) every single one of them were worse than what they call "sheeps", people who are not "awake".

Why?, because they are plain hypocrites, spreading spiritual messages like gods but when you began to scratch their reality, it's evident they had NEVER really applied them in their life.

It's very easy to blame 'the group' that owns the world about the current state of the society- it's so much more convenient to have these targeting club to point the finger at -THAN point it at yourself.

The victim role, is comfortable...And we all love comfort, don't we?

Is about being passive observants, expectators of deliberative experiences. Nothing more. So when you wonder and contemplate objectively at people's attitude and interests in their fellow man- do you REALLY believe 'the top of the pyramid' is the one to be held responsible?-

No, I don't think so.

If someone wants to 'change' their reality and help others the same, then, action is necessary- (And I'm NOT talking here about violence, or making a revolution"-lol). Violence is NEVER the answer. Things don't work that way.
I don't believe in revolutions of the masses.

There will always be tyrants...but I'm taking about inner change.

I'm talking about taking responsibility for your life, being in charge of your destiny. Breaking the inertia, the never-ending whine about how "evil" our rulers are...

Hey, they are just doing what 'they know'... but how about you?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
One of the things that is a bit of a pet peeve of mine here on ATS is when someone chooses to belittle the whole rest of the human race by calling them "sheepies". There are no sheepies. We all either are or have the potential to be human. To believe in "them" and "us" is counterproductive and harmful to society and it always has been.

None of us has a very good handle on truth and people who think they have it all figured out are the most deluded of all.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think it's funny how people on this site will blame vague entities like "them" and "they" for taking away their freedoms and enslaving them. Really I think people do it to themselves more than anyone else. You sacrifice your own freedom when you, have kids, or get married, or get locked into a career, or pile up bills on yourself. I mean really, what is it that people would be doing right now if it wasn't for "them".

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you enjoy the moral high ground too much.

My actions consist of work, paying bills, taxes and being a law abiding citizen. I vote and support my local and state representation. I spend a great deal of time and effort setting that right example and helping friends, family and even strangers when I can. I'm not perfect but I sleep with a clear concience.

I express my opinion a lot too.

I see more and more people every year trying to get a piece of the pie and working an angle to take some from somebody else. It's become a religion in this day and age. Destroy the things that work because you can't control the ones who do them. Then give anyone who complains a lecture about how they should be shutting up and changing the world but leaving the parasites to their blood sucking games at the same time.

Nope.

Your rhetoric sounds good but it misses half of the equation.

We must work for the good of our families and communities but at the same time we must oppose those who would destroy what we work for.

Without balance there is no success.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If you were not born into a select group - then your ability to effect world events is quite small.

There are a limited number of things that Joe Average can do when faced with a global conspiracy that uses money and media as tools of control.

Joe is forced to use money - and prior to the internet his sources of information were monopolistic - yup - poor Joe was unlikely to ever know that he was a slave.

Whats has changed - well - Joe is still basically forced to use money - pay tax - obey laws and so on - however now, Joe has access to information - he now knows laws are not for his benefit, he understands that money and media is a weapon aimed directly at him.

So what are his options now? Well - he can try and become self sufficient to avoid the requirement of money to sustain his life - he can critically analyze the media deriving the opinion it is supposed to be giving him.

Above all - Joe can try to convey his understanding to others - so they can in their own way try to free themselves from money, tax, and propaganda.

While Joe is a single individual his capacity to realize self sufficiency is low - but with a group - then a it is plausible. He can refuse to pay tax - if he can spread the message - than many people refuse to pay - it can cause a problem for the controllers. As the information he understands permeates society - then his understanding becomes an asset to all - as they become more credulous of the conspiracy at work.

What can we do? We can understand - we can try to spread the message and reveal what is hidden. We can try to become self sufficient - we can rally others and try to throw a spanner into the machine.

Our voice alone maybe small - we don't control radio stations or television - but we control our own minds.

Our understanding may be limited - we cannot know everything - but each thing that we find suspicious we can ask others, to verify - analyze - conclude and then possibly educate or raise a voice of protest.

If we have understanding - we can share it. If we have conviction we can follow it - if we have indignation we can fan it.

If others are ignorant - we can try to incite their curiosity. No man is a teacher - but everyone can be a student.

I have never started a war to kill thousands or millions of people for profit - but we can see there are those who have - who support drugs that sicken, policies that impoverish.

Are we to simply keep silent? If we cannot stop it alone, should we never raise a voice of protest?

To follow our convictions - to protest the unjust acts of lawless men - to be knowledgeable - to be compassionate - to be tolerant.

If these things are not enough in others - to what standard then do we hold ourselves?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
My actions consist of work, paying bills, taxes and being a law abiding citizen. I vote and support my local and state representation.

These are the things we are told are moral virtues;

-Work
-Pay bills, honor contracts (consume)
-Pay tax
-Obey the law
-Vote

I would contest that these are no longer moral virtues - their morality has been compromised - but not by us.

I would comprise an alternative list of virtues;

-Don't work - become self sufficient instead
-Don't buy from corporations, dishonor usurious contracts
-Refuse to pay tax
-Disobey any law that contravenes the moral law of freedom
-Don't vote - protest instead, request a total change of the system

Conforming to a system that only wishes to use you is not a moral imperative - conversely the imperative is to disrupt that system, and destroy it - and create a new system

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Sorry... the day I discovered the truth about 9/11 and the war on terror, was the same day that realized the "American Dream" was destroyed for me.

Go about making your personal changes all you want... Go ahead and live by the theory that "there have always been tyrants, and this is just the way of the world"...

No... Sorry, but we are at F*@#ING WAR!!!

Weather or not you are the victim of this war or not... sooner or later you are going to have to make the choice to either fight or become a prisoner.

Right now we are fighting with our freedoms of speech... Better keep exercising that right or you might lose it.

Pretty soon you find yourself fighting physically.

Don't you love having the freedom to make changes in your life? Have fun with that freedom while it lasts...

I can translate your OP: Go back to sleep and enjoy life like the rest of the sheep because there is nothing "We the People" can do.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Can't believe I'm the first to star you.

Seriously, you're completely correct. I mean there are a lot of people who are motivated and living their lives to their full potential, but also study these theories to find out what's going on behind the scenes. The ones who truly want to rid the world of greedy, corrupt bullies.

But a lot of CTers are just looking for someone to blame for their problems. Don't get me wrong, I was at that point once. Actually, I came across the conspiracy world looking for a reason why my life sucked and why the world was screwed up. I was looking for someone to blame. But I'm beyond that now and considered it a stepping stone in my life toward not only the truth and justice, but a better life all around.

Well I'm done thinking for now so cya

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A while since we have spoken, it is nice to see you still around.

It took me up until earlier this year to finally realize that the only true enemy I had was myself. Years of pointing my finger everywhere but right here usually brought more issues than I care to speak of, but in doing so gave me the opportunity for more growth. It took a huge paradigm shift to knock off all the non-sense I was putting myself and others through and get down to eh real issue at hand.

Then I had to really start facing myself, my fears, my shadow, acknowlewdge it, and do something about it. When in doubt I feel I spent too much time hiding from myself, but it was all for a purpose and has served to promote so much growth I still don't even know how to assimilate and put it to use. In fact at times I still become so overwhelmed with how much I have changed and how much quicker the change occurs.. part of the trick is finding a way to bring it into my life and use it for a more appropriate and constructive purpose. It is a challenge, and at times I still find myself discontent with what I am doing and what I know I could be doing.

On a whole I completely agree with you, and it has taken me some time to come to that insight too, but I am finally understanding it and realizing the gravity of it. The more balanced we all become internally, the more our external world will begin to balance itself out. Consequence and actions. We are always casting our vote regardless if we are aware of it or not. If we remove ourself from the equation.. TPTB, the ones everyone wants to blame, will no longer have any power

Time to clean off the mirror so we can finally see the world we want to see.

Be In Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

The reason we have war and tyrants is because of our current level of conciousness. We invite it, we bring it to us, we feed it, we are responsible for it. We at war "out there" because we are still at war in here, and vice versa, they need each other to feed and grow. We nurture that paradigm, it is constantly reinforced.

You just took all responsiblity off your shoulders in a few short sentences. She is trying to show us we should work towards the exact opposite, putting it squarely where it belongs, us.

We need people, persons, and entities to help carry out the consequences to our actions, to our thoughts, to our votes. It does not matter if you are not ware of it, you are always voting with everything you think, do, and say. There are people here to provide that to us, because we need that opposition to grow and learn. That is why the longer you put the blame on them, the longer you shirk off responsibility. You are free to stay in the equation as long as you like, there is nothing right/wrong with it. But thats what they're counting on!

I am not sure why you were so aggressive in your reply to her. Nobody meant any harm and you can see the intention of the post if you so choose.

Be In Peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The worst part of it is people are actually blaming themselves.

It's our fault that we are spending roughly $10k every 2ish seconds for Iraq and Afghanistan War cost counter., pushing us farther and farther into our just under 12 trillion debt. US Debt counter.

It's our fault greedy bastards put their money in swiss banks, invested in offshore business and outsourced american jobs to the international employee market - all to 1) save a buck; 2) evade taxes.

Its our fault the cost of life in Iraq is roughly 1 million x infinity (of course).

It's our fault our tax money goes straight to those who have no problem dumping millions a year into lobbying congress. Yet, it's our fault we cant afford to compete with megacorp in running their country.

It's our fault that whenever someone tries to make a change for the better of the people, at the detriment to profits for a small group, they get offed.

It's our fault when those who try to investigate or follow the footsteps of said dead human get offed.

The only thing we are at fault for is letting them tell us we are wrong. We don't know how to act. We don't know what we want. That we aint original, we're just another - exactly like the next one. Cut your hair, don your tie, kiss your boss' ass. Or become your own boss and treat your subjects however you desire. Good luck, most of the time, with that in today's international oligopoly.

Indoctrination, work, reproduce future assests, work, die. Wash, rinse, repeat. The circle of corporatocracy life.

And just so you don't blow holds your shorts, I'm not saying you shouldn't get an education - just that you can't get a real one, anymore.

Not saying you shouldn't work, we need to in order to advance humankind - but not everyone is offered (born into) the predisposition to do what they want, supply and demand (so unless you have a name, get used to it).

Not saying you shouldn't reproduce, again they are the future - just know you aint reproducing for solely your own sense of accomplishment\genetic-triggered elation response.

But, ya - it's my fault I got a "good life" (decent, anyway) when children the world over die in the struggle, daily, and poor people don't get sh** and struggle daily. Oh, wait... no. It's their fault, I forgot. Especially those damn stick-thin six year old kids who lived through SIDS- damn them.

Yep, it's my fault. Sorry, everyone.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just to say...a very nice though mostly ignored thread!
I would star if I knew or wanted to know how.

This is kinda one of those "Had Enough Yet" threads.

Don't worry, this is only just getting started!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I'm not sure who you met for spiritual, but there is multiple ways to live spiritually sometimes good and sometimes not so good to let you know. I'm just going to say that before i read certain things and certain things happened in my life I used to be full of depression and fear of my future. Once, I realized "the man" really was trying to hold me down, was the day it no longer could. I think for myself and I have such a peaceful feeling now that I just try to part that feeling on to people by giving them the same knowledge that freed me(if you will) lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

-Refuse to pay tax

Conforming to a system that only wishes to use you is not a moral imperative - conversely the imperative is to disrupt that system, and destroy it - and create a new system

Nice concept, but it also ignores half of the problem.
There must be give and take on both sides.

The issue of destroying a system that you don't like has been very successful in the past half century - at least at the destroying part. Progressive thinking has led to the destruction of countless social structures and rules. The problem is that it is much easier to destroy what one side doesn't agree with than to build something that both sides can agree on.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I see it like this. " There are forces at work that are beyond my control,(NWO, evil government, insert boogeyman here), therefore I am unable to realize my full potential as a human being."If that isn't the biggest cop out I don't know what is. I am solely responsible for my own successes or failures.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The posts in this thread seem to be somewhat divided into two different camps. There is the "we are totally responsible for our own condition" crew and the "the system is causing my troubles therefore I'm gonna fight it" posse. Neither philosophy is entirely correct, but there is truth in both viewpoints.

I cannot control the world and make it over in my own image. This is certainly a good thing no matter how much it may frustrate me sometimes. There are other forces at play in the world and to an extent I am influenced by them no matter how much I would like to believe I am "in control". Therefore in a sense I am not completely responsible for what happens to me. What I am totally and completely responsible for, however, is how I choose to react to the events that take place in my life.

Whether I have had a hand in shaping those events or not, I can still choose whether I want to accept and learn from them, or just sit and complain about them. In this sense the original poster is correct in that the best way to attain personal enlightenment is to work on improving ourselves.

On the other hand - we are all interconnected in ways that none of us can fully comprehend. We are all responsible for doing all we can to form the kind of world we wish to live in. When there is evil and injustice in the world, it is the duty of each one of us to oppose it with all the strength we can muster. It is essential to note that there is a big difference between fault and responsibility. It is not my "fault" that the world is in a big mess, but it is my responsibility to do all I can to make it better.

So in a way the irony is, that we are, each and every one of us, responsible for everything. We are responsible individually for ensuring that we are the best people we can be, and we are responsible as members of society for working diligently to make the world the best place it can be.

That's enough for now I guess.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

-Refuse to pay tax

Nice concept, but it also ignores half of the problem.
There must be give and take on both sides.

The issue of destroying a system that you don't like has been very successful in the past half century - at least at the destroying part. Progressive thinking has led to the destruction of countless social structures and rules. The problem is that it is much easier to destroy what one side doesn't agree with than to build something that both sides can agree on.

The 'other side' as you put it are those who control the wealth of the world and want everyone to be their slaves. With due respect for you in missing this point, why the hell would we ever want to give them anything at all - they have taken everything by fraud already.

The only point that I missed, and the underlying issue for all the problems is the monetary system.

It is fraudulent - it is unsustainable - and it has, and will continue to result in slavery for the producers and increased wealth for the users.

A system where money is real - and cannot be created out of the air is a system that we need - where the money is balanced by the goods and services - and is NEVER EVER centrally controlled.

The only real alternative that I see is to use silver and gold as money - and to make charging interest a crime.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The 'other side' as you put it are those who control the wealth of the world and want everyone to be their slaves. With due respect for you in missing this point, why the hell would we ever want to give them anything at all - they have taken everything by fraud already.

The point is that you have one life as does everybody.

You can chose to spend your life in a one sided futile battle to change somehing that is bigger than you can affect, or you can live your life in a meaningful way while still working for effective change and being an example to others.

There are billions of people on the planet. As individuals we cannot force broad changes no matter how bad we want it but as groups, communities and societies we can make great changes. These changes take time and the leaders of these changes teach others and lead by setting examples themselves.

You can't change these things overnight and sometimes not even in a single lifetime but collectively we can redirect society.

Meanwhile, we live the best lives we can within our means and abilities.

Sure, you can close out your accounts, throw away your checkbook and go grow vegetables in the country but if you leave no way ,no common ground with which to influence others around you, then you isolate yourself and become ineffective as a member of society.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My life has been totally ruined by mind controla nd the evil of people for 17 years. This has nothing to do with me, i did not ask for this. So how can i put the blame of all this on me, with regard to my life.

I gave up wanting things for my own life when i noticed electronic mind control at school 17 years ago, and i have never had any ambition since. The people doing this too me, would and will destroy anything i want in my life. They are pure scum, beyond any words that you can imagine.

Imagine people knowing all your thoughts and desperately destroying anything you want in life and the way i look at it whats the point. Though i will not commit suicide like they want, i will never bother with any personal ambitions other than just to be here.

The thread starter does not know the lengths available today to these people to wreck people. Without you knwoing it, your life can be being wrecked and for no reason, as people just want you dead or gone, or suffering.

Pure sickos.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
With a few exceptions, most of them psychologically project their own fear, self-hatred and victim-mentality onto undefined "powers that be". I can see that too, OP. Now either we are crazy or they are

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join