It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 foot UFO surrounded by aircraft (?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Actually thinking about the whole "no video = didn't happen" thing, does that mean that nothing ever existed before the invention of the video camera?

I agree with the posts above, Lancs definitely has its fair share of sightings, but it's a bit sparse on good footage which is a shame

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Starred & thank you, I was beginning to go a bit nuts that nobody had actually read the thread, and you've saved my sanity.

I don't use social networking sites, and I'm quite busy today, but something else I'd like to check is things like Facebook, to see if anyone else from Preston or the area mentioned anything via that. Also I'd like to keep checking the comments on that article. I have found many witnesses often come forward via the comments section of their local newspaper.

Thank you, again, I am de-nut'sd

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

To be fair mate, over the past 12-18 months the UFO activity in the whole of the UK has been off the charts. The Sun newspaper (OK, not the most reliable source of information) even has a whole portion of it's website dedicated to the vast numbers of sighting over British skies.

Something is definitely going on out there.

This guy however should have at least released the photographic evidence and simply kept back the video for investigators. Releasing a story like this without providing evidence is just asking for ridicule and promotes people's disbelief in such phenomena.

Hold on, maybe that's it. Could be disinformation to discredit other true sightings. "Just another nutter, howling at the moon" type thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn

Roswell ( Did`nt happen )

The Crucifiction ( Did`nt happen )

Jack the Ripper ( Did`nt happen )

Etc, etc, etc, so we can remove most of our history of mysteries, well done to these thorough researchers !

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Qwenn]

Actually, there's photographic evidence of the murder victims of jack the ripper. It was very new tech at the time and the pics are poor quality, but they exist.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just to add to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Found a reference to a sighting on October 12th 2009, made via Twitter on October 13th 2009, prior to OP's article:

twitter.com...

This time Pentwortham:

/yleucbf

What's somewhat interesting is that it's considerably further south of the three prior internet reports (FYI I have linked to their approximate locations in a previous post).

Edit: Should also stress the internet reports were made independently of the article OP links to, rather than inspired by it. Although they don't appear to agree on detail, either through an absence of it, or differing descriptions. But that's par for the course with any investigation involving witnesses.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Originally posted by Qwenn

Roswell ( Did`nt happen )

The Crucifiction ( Did`nt happen )

Jack the Ripper ( Did`nt happen )

Etc, etc, etc, so we can remove most of our history of mysteries, well done to these thorough researchers !

Actually, there's photographic evidence of the murder victims of jack the ripper. It was very new tech at the time and the pics are poor quality, but they exist.

I was just trying to illustrate a point i.e. taking the ATS way of looking at it,
there were,

No photographs of Jack actually killing,

therefore perhaps they slipped over and accidentally stabbed themselves, " Nothing to see here people, move on "

No phothographs of the Roswell crash happening,

Therefore the resulting photographic prints of debris are just photographs of a broken bacofoil kite " I call total BS on this story "

Some photographs of the Crucifiction taken by a time traveller,

Proof, finally actual proof that this happened, " Sorry mate, this is an obvious fake as they had no cameras in those times, anyway the shadows are pointing in the wrong direction, that`s it it`s been photoshopped "

That was the actual point I was trying to make perhaps it was a little abstract.

I would like to commend the 5 members of the forum who have not yet removed their " No pictures, not true " statements, these are;

PRAXIS;

SOLOMONS;

JKROG 08;

CHOVY;

MATTIFIKATION:

They seem to be prepared to stand by their obviously closed minded statements.The OTHER Three who have now removed the words, will remain annonymous, till the next time they spout deliberatly derailing rubbish !

Remember deny ignorance, not embrace it !

JKROG has just removed their " No pictures, it did`nt happen " comments, so shame on him/her, for not having the courage of their conviction.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Hi,

Think I may have seen the same thing a couple of minutes earlier, huge orange then white light towards the coast, would guess it was towards the Lytham/south of Blackpool area from here (I'm in Fulwood to be precise). Looked at just above roof level from the first floor Uni, no idea how far away was but it looked a few miles away. Looked a tiny bit sideways diamond shape but didn;t get that good a look.

Only saw it for a couple of seconds before it faded and thought maybe it was just the street lights coming on as the ones on my road flicked on a few seconds later but it looked too big and far away for that. Will be able to find out what time it was

Really not a UFO type person and my sighting could easily have been a reflection or other boring explanation, just throwing it out there to see if the location matches up.

Definately wasn't a chinese lantern or police/ambulance helicopter, we get those all the time this object was at least 10 times bigger, appeared to be stationary and was the wrong colour/s.

My Dad works for BAe (on unmanned drones) and I did work experience there, know all the usual planes look like and definately couldn't have been one of them.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by bastion]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Err Jack - I pretty much agree with your comments but didn't you reply to the wrong poster?
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bastion

wow, thats real weird dude, but unrelated to this one (i think, as its a large object the guy saw) .

ive seen the exact same things you have seen over blackpool twice now, 2 seperate occasions, always more than one and just at say a low cloud hight .. . i thought they might have been lanterns but on the first occasion it was flying against the wind, and into the low lying cloud beside it ... (i could just make it out as it was just in the cloud)

sorry, kinda off topic, but relevent to this poster

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Unfortunately anyone can say 'they saw this' or 'they saw that' but without proof of the event it becomes a non-event to everbody else on Earth except the people who saw it with their own eyes....

So to sum that up if he believes he saw a 1,000 foot UFO then he will do so no matter what anyone else says....

As for me.... in the words of Victor Meldrew:

"I don't beleeeeeeeeeeeeeve it"

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
No vid = it didn't happen.

Im so sick of "video or it didnt happen" That is rediculious and laughable at best. Im guessing that absolutely nothing happened before the early 1900s huh?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

From what I have read through the thread the witness in the original OPs post has not given a reason why he hasn't released the photographic evidence he holds. there have been a number of reasons why this may be the case but from my own personal point of view, if I had clear photographic evidence of an event like the one described I would not want to release it to the public for a lot of people to de-bunk and claim it was photoshoped, this in my opinion taints the photographic evidence right away as a lot of people then form an opinion on it based on other peoples comments on it.

I would prefer to wait until I could get an independant proffesional to look at it and verify my claim then I would relaease it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
No vid = it didn't happen.

I now have contact details for the witness in the OP that claims to have video footage of this incident (apparently on his mobile telephone).

I'm fairly sure I have seen instructions somewhere on this website to help with the uploading of footage off a mobile telephone. Can someone give a link to any such instructions?

I may then be able to persuade the witness to upload the footage to ATS.

As I mentioned in the OP, I have doubts whether it is really worth much effort to obtain mobile telephone footage (since little real analysis can be performed on low grade footage), but...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I agree with everything you said there, I think he either doesn't have any footage or is holding out for money, there is always the third option which has happened a lot, that is he videos the object, and with his excitement started telling people about it, then when he played it back it wasn't what he expected to find or the footage didn't do it justice.

I always just brush the video claims aside and try and wait, it will turn up or wont, nothing can change that.

As for the whole UK seeing activity in the sky you are absolutely right, I have been trying to get as much of the information together as I can, but there is so much of it, I don't think a single night has gone by for over a year without at least one sighting a night, sometimes there are strings of them maybe 3 4 5 reports from the same nights, but reported weeks apart.

There are a lot of members here from the Uk and a lot in the North West, where I live right on the edge of Liverpool, I have a clear view because of the farmland, and have been trying to go out and do some spotting myself, but the farmers are doing a lot of work in their fields so I have to wait a week or two to get to a place I like to use, from there I can see the skies clearly over the Widnes, St Helens, Warrington area, I can even see as far as planes on the glide slope into Manchester airport, and that can be a little confusing when your looking for weird stuff.

I want to go up onto the moors when winter really sets in, and get the crisp clear skies, I think it would be a great time to do it with everything that is happening, only problem is the freezing cold plays havoc on my health.

I don't know what people are seeing, but not all of them are lanterns, there is a huge cube that has been seen as far south as London, and was seen not long ago near St Helens, the descriptions sound exactly the same, and I think a few nights away from the towns up on the moors will offer something up, I have a gut feeling I cant explain, like there is something going on in the boonies, and what people are seeing is whatever it is leaving the area.

Would be nice to organise something, there are a lot of members up in that area, some very close by, may well be worth a night of cold weather

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The whole topic of releasing the photo`s is an intrieguing one, but to be honest I can only say what I would do. If I had photographic evidence of anything what would I do, First I would believe that the footage belonged to me to do what I wanted to do with it. If a market was created for it I could make a bob or two from it, the longer I held out, well the more I would make. Or I could give in to the DEMANDS of the computer "investigators" who say that the footage belongs to the world and they WANT it, to declare it a fake even before they have seen it, because they have a few minuites to wait before it downloads and they don`t want to waste a point or two. No I think I would be a little bit wiser, and release it properly and have it examined first by REAL EXPERTS, not faceless pretend experts who are too ready to call Fake and declare that their word is final and that they have solved the mystery and the case should now be closed as THEY have declared it OFFICIALLY fake, I think not ! Show me the money, the fame and cudos is superficial, after all you can`t eat that, but money buys food ! Perhaps I will buy a camera after all ! But then again, perhaps not !

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of this story. Like many others, I'd rather see the video before I came to any conclusions.

The main thing for me is the speed they were going. If there were helicopters involved, presumably the entire thing passed by quite slowly?
If there were any vehicles in front of the craft, I think it's safe to say it was a planned transport of new military tech from one plant/location to another.

Still fascinating to me either way.

I am suspicious as to why the video wasn't handed over. But I guess there's money to be made on an "exclusive".

I just hope he has a backup copy for when the military arrive and demand all evidence.

And on the "Video or it didn't happen" - I think this was just his way of saying that gathering of evidence is easier now than it has ever been. The video is claimed to exist. So why not show it?
Anyone can claim that anything happened, but without evidence of it, why should anything be believed? He's not saying it didn't happen, just that he needs some evidence before accepting that it did.

That is a fair request to make on such a story.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I hope he gets the pictures/footage back. If more people saw it most be more pictures about?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by andy mac myc

I would like to believe it, i really would but just on someones say so it's a little difficult too.

A 1,000 foot wide UFO?

If it was that big i'm sure we would have heard a lot more people saw this.... Where are they? Where's their story?

I just wanna see it myself or the footage and if it's true then i'll hold my hand up and say 'i was wrong'

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
In this situation the person who reported the story claims to have a video, so firstly this isn`t a case of " no video = no proof ", secondly IF he is waiting to release it for a reason, well we will see in time. If it turns out that the video does not exist and he lied about the recordings existance, then o.k. he has proved himself to be a liar and this casts doubt on his verbal report. Either way we will see, it just annoys the hell out of me when someone is hanged before the evidence has been reviewed fully, just in case they are eventually found guilty,it is impossible for even an expert to come to a reasonable conclusion, without even seeing all of the evidence, then reviewing it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was driving out of Fulwood around 5:00pm BST on Monday and noticed a stationary helicopter which was unusual although as it appeared to hovering above the M6 it could simply have been a traffic 'copter for a Radio Station. It didn't seem to be the Police Helicopter though as that is very noisy.

Reading this thread just made me think of it, though probably unrelated. I'll definitely be taking my video camera with me wherever I go from now on though

Regarding Blackpool there is a club on one of the piers that beams spotlights into the sky. When there is low cloud cover it looks like white circles flying about - it quite often catches me out if I see it out the corner of my eye. I've even seem them from Preston many years ago - I was living by myself at the time and was in the middle of reading Communion by Whitley Strieber. You can imagine my heart was racing for some few minutes before I worked out what they were!

There's also been a weekly fireworks competition in Blackpool recently although this is on a Friday. Not saying that either of these is what anyone on this board has seen - just something to bear in mind and rule out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join