It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 foot UFO surrounded by aircraft (?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The website of a local newspaper in Lancashire (England) has published the story below accompanied by a video interview of the relevant witness - which (unfortunately) does not include the footage which he claims to have taken of the "four mysteries craft".

'1000ft-long UFOs were NOT Chinese lanterns!'
By Melanie Wallwork

A Lancashire man claims to have seen 1,000ft UFOs in the skies above Preston being followed by planes and helicopters.

Father-of-three Jason Robinson, who left the Army in 2005, was out walking his dog on Monday evening near his home in Threefields, Tanterton, when he saw four mysterious craft in the distance.

"There must have been other people who saw them because they were huge. If you go off the size of a plane, say 60 feet wide. These must have been at least 1,000 feet – that's how big they were.

"It doesn't look big on there (the phone camera screen) but you can't even see the planes on there – that's how big these are to them. You can't come out with 'they're Chinese lanterns.'"

"There must have been about 15 to 20 planes surrounding them, following. I reported it to the police, they said they had no reports."

Mr Robinson also has video footage which he is keen for experts to see.

He added: "I'm keeping the footage back. They'll analyse them anyway and know that they're legitimate. You can see the saucer shape."

Mmm. So he is "keen for experts to see" the footage but he is "keeping the footage back"? A slightly strange approach to getting experts to see it.

Anyway, if it is camera phone footage, query whether it would actually be worth the effort to get hold of it.

The reference to lots of planes/helicopters surrounding the object brings to mind the Cash/Landrum incident - I wonder if the witness had come across a reference to that incident online or in a UFO book.

I'll forward a link for this story to one of the local UFO groups (e.g. LAPIS) unless anyone has a better idea.

You can see the video inerview of the witness at THIS LINK - it isn't (currently) on Youtube or Googlevideo so I can't embed the video here.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 15-10-2009 by IsaacKoi]

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No vid = it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for bringing us this news of a recent reported UFO event Isaac. Yes, like you stated, it is suspicious that this guy doesn't want to hand over the video readily. It sounds like an amazing encounter-if true.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
No vid = it didn't happen.

Well, I've emailed the reporter that wrote the article above and volunteered to examine the footage and/or pass it on to other researchers that have experience with the analysis of "UFO" footage.

We will see if the witness shares the footage...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would say it sounds quite plausible - and with holding the video seems reasonable to anyone who thinks it might be worth money.

Personally I like it - some seem to think a 1,000 ft diameter saucer is big - but I have seen objects (not directly) that were 50 miles long - so those are not the big ships thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am having a bad night tonight. I misread the title of the thread and text of the OP ... Pretend I am not here, thank you

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Double post, my apologies.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Isaac - nice find.

Its also interesting that were other witnesses who can corroborate the story:

Jason's two sons, Samuel and Joseph, his girlfriend Tara Hughes, 32, and her mother Joan also witnessed the UFOs.

Tara said: "I was amazed. I've never seen anything like that before. Just four of them all together."

Link

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good - multiple witnesses.

I wonder who the craft belong to - whether terrestrial or not. I don't believe anything, but seems little doubt to me this is quite credible.

Pitty there are no photo's - I have been waiting for some proper sightings of the larger craft.

I do wonder whether these will be trotted out during this collapse and we will all come together as one world (under a dictator govt) and join the galactic federation.

Bah - I am starting to think 99% of these belong to the Rothschilds - if only I could signal the fkn ET's myself - I want to get off this rock - I wonder if they would takes refugee's?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This can easily be verified with radar of the area.

I don't trust witnesses, especially ones that contradict themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What is the difference between this story and one of the many BS threads we have in our Gray Area and Skunkworks? They are all incredible tales with no proof.
What would happen if this guy came on ATS and posted this story? What if he had the pictures and video andrefused to share it?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Agreed without pics/video this is yet another fanciful tale to go on top of the immeasurable amount of dusty old other ones.Hopefully we get the goods soon though.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well I would personally like more than the witness's two sons, girlfriend, her mother, and the "forum guy" to corroborate this story, that is also sketchy in itself. I mean it is not a really good idea to take the accounts of a family or friends as absolute, now when we have corroborations with other, non-related witnesses that is when it becomes MUCH more interesting and plausible. I am not saying that family sightings are hoaxes but when investigating anything such as this it is always wise to be skeptical of such collaborations.

Although this is an interesting account there is no way this can be taken any further without the video (it will fall into the bottom of countless witness only UFO accounts), even then it may be inconclusive. But it is still very interesting none-the-less. Basically I am saying that while this is an interesting account we should not get too worked up about it just yet.

*EDITED to more accurately reflect the information I missed earlier.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Interesting, with the usual caveats about estimating size etc. I would like to see/hear the recording because assuming that number of aircraft it'd be bloody noisy. Had spell of army chinooks & other flying over my house (training) last year and the noise was pervasive, even through double glazing.

Here's the link of the approximate location of the witness:

/yl9qxfw

and the Barracks he references:

/ygsgdxu

Built up area. Although I've been amazed at how few people notice things like police helicopters or jets. Be interesting to see if there were any noise complaints in the local press. Depends as much on the time of night.

I'd have thought that if it was dramatic as the witness claims there would be other witnesses, although whether they'd come forward is another thing.

Via the comments in OP's article I found this, which appears to be an independent witness:

boards.footymad.net...

Which to me sounds much less dramatic, and consistent with Chinese bloody Lanterns. (I am beginning to hate the things).

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Yea...That is what I was talking about, other than police reports are there any reports to other agencies? A lot of people will not report to police. This is an interesting account though, but without the video and analysis it doesn't matter really, well not with three witnesses, all related.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

6 witnesses (him, partner, 2 kids, mum & forum guy) if we assume this forum guy is not associated with Mr Robinson:

boards.footymad.net...

I think it's somewhat promising that forum guy's initial description came before the article. It a shame any other witnesses would have likely read the article, because it will subconsciously affect their recollection.

It's somewhat intriguing that forum guy mentioned formation but I'm still sceptical it wasn't Chinese Lanterns. I think people have a tendency to assume that a pattern is deliberate, when a pattern by chance isn't that remote.

But I'm sceptical period, so probably not the most impartial judge.

Edit: And it's probably worth watching the comments on OP's article. In my experience locals will often relate their experiences via their local paper's website, because it's informal.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Another report from Preston on 12th October 2009:

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Haven't checked to see if the time matches up. I have checked the locale on a map:

/ykf8to7

And interestingly it's south of the two reports (OP article & forum guy). So, for me the next logical question is did it occur before or after or simultaneously or independently? Could be unrelated, could be related.

We know that Mr Robinson's report was 'early evening' and the Bamber Bridge report at 19:30, so there is approximate overlap.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How does that saying go? Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There is a very recent thread here at ATS with the same tale, I am looking for it, though I can't remember the exact title. There was no mention of video or mobile pics at all just anecdotal, the suspicion hackles are rising.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Now there are three separate reports I'm less sceptical they saw something but still not convinced it was as dramatic as related in the local newspaper article (Chinese bloody Lanterns).

So far, three (I'm assuming, given locations, etc.) independent witnesses:

Original article: www.lep.co.uk...

Forum guy: boards.footymad.net...

Sean Lonergan (Bamber Bridge, further south, one further person 'ang' claiming to have seen something in the comments on this one): www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

I've done some checking as to the locations, and the approximate overlaps of the sightings (see above).

Edit: Added to the Sean Lonergan note.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by jackphotohobby]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join