It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing Our Land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Losing Our Land

www.marketwatch.com

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- A top Communist Party research chief said Thursday that China should buy gold and U.S. real estate rather than Treasurys, according to a Reuters report.

Li Lianzhong, who is head of economics at the party's policy research office, said the U.S. dollar is poised for a fall, making gold and land better investments for China's $1.95 trillion in foreign exchange reserves, the report said.

It quoted Li as saying Beijing should also focus on buying up energy and natural resources.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
answers.yahoo.com
paper.sznews.com
www.allbusiness.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm sure this has been posted at lease one other time, but I thought I would bring this up again because I own a website development company in Indiana, and I am currently working on a website for a company that does rent farming.

This company just recently sold signed an agreement with a man from china who doesn't even speak a word of English nor has ever set foot on american soil, for them to farm the land he just purchased in Indiana.

It seems that what is happening is that banks are taking land from farmers who can no longer pay for the land due to layoffs and the prices of there crops being so low (mainly soybeans because of china releasing there stock pile).

Once these banks have taken the land they are putting them up for sale, but not in the united states, they are advertising the land over seas particularly china.

First: I have no problem with foreigners buying our land as long as we can buy there land as well. but in china you can not own land, only lease it from the government.

Second: We give these banks U.S (our) tax money so that we can bail them out from going "bankrupt" and in turn they take land from the poor farmers of america who helped pay for there "bailout", taking there only source of income, and in turn sell the land to people in countries like china.

Third: I believe this is only the beginning. do you think in any way that once the Chinese own a large portion of our land (whether in the U.S. or Europe) they will ever sell it back to an American or European? NO WAY! I doubt there government would allow that.

I could go on forever but I just thought I'd put my two cents in here and let everyone know that I have now seen it first hand.

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
lol, i posted this in a FED thread, but no one realized how true it is, and this was prior to an reuter's report lol

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
LOL, they are already buying mines. Wait until they start buying up all the corporate farms. I wouldn't be surprised if a "shell" company for the Chinese Government buys Monsanto.

Food, Energy, and raw materials are the "real wealth".

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I foresee mass-stupidity!!!

Just like when they hated the chinese when american companies offshored manufacturing to china

just like when they hated indians when they offshored tech support and not those american companies doing the offshoring

now soon they will, again, hate the chinese when they buy up american land

in the midst of all of this no one will hate the banks or the govt.

ppl are great intelligent people aren't they?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Another interesting note is that I noticed while finding some articles that many of these "banks" we bailed out are now partly or mostly owned by the Chinese.

margan stanley sells to china

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The same thing occurred with Japan a couple decades ago.

The Japanese were buying up everything in the US.

They drove the price if 1963-1967 Corvettes, especially the big blocks, through the roof.

They bought up prime real estate all across the US raising many concerns.

But then, their baggage caught up with their train.

Same thing with China. Yes, things are good, and they have cash. But things eventually change. Their cost of production will increasingly rise either through limited raw materials, or through a higher cost of labor.

Then the cash isn't so flush.

And the "new" low labor cost area comes online.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
THis isnt about China - this is about how the deflationary economic policy of the Fed and its parasitic host of investment banksters are driving citizens to foreclosure - they are literally stealing all the land in the US.

I have become convinced that this is almost the ENTIRE purpose of the current economic crisis - to steal the land of the middle class.

top topics

join