It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Floating Over Colorado In Experimental Craft (balloon like flying saucer)*FOUND*

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

OH MY GOSH....
pass the popcorn please....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree.

The father said the kids are allowed to cuss at home just not in public, saying that it would be hypocritical because he cusses all the time in front of them. He put their music video of their cussing on youtube - which is public. He said it was to generate positive comments (of their musical talents) to the kids, thus making them have confidence. He felt pride, not shame. If this alone isn't a demonstration of their twisted ideas and parenting skills, I don't know what is.

This family clearly is not embarassed by any poor behaviour.

To have gone to all the trouble of making this balloon and being the scientific engineer he clams to be, why be sloppy not making sure it was securely tethered before launching it? The big countdown, him saying all the family does these experiments together, etc, you would also think he would check to make sure the "whole family" was present and accounted for at launch time so they can all cheer together. Nevermind the safety issue, and should be checking no-one is inside - when he's admitted it is capable of holding one human and the kids plays inside it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

This morning on the news he was asked again what the boy meant about saying you told us it was for the show (remember last night he said he thinks falcon meant the wifeswap show). Now he says falcon meant doing it for the show was when the news crews asked the boy to show them how he could climb into the attic. The problem I have with this new explanation is the boy said "you ..." which is what's causing most of the skepticism. The dad can't back up this (new lie) by saying he meant he was telling falcon to go ahead and show the news crew how you did it, because he's already said he wasn't there when falcon showed them, that he entered the garage and saw the boy showing the news crew. Too many holes in this story.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yeah, violet

I saw a picture of the boy reaching for a rafter with his leg up in the
air and didn't look like he was going any where.

Perhaps monkey business here.
I wonder if the boy was asked to climb up into the attic again but
suppose he was not asked as the affair is truly an embarrassment.

Wow imagine if the attic was dangerously accessibly to the child.
Or impossible with out something to step on, dad better tell the
boy to step on that square fan to help him up.

Yeah, thats the way I did it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by violet

Yeah, violet

I saw a picture of the boy reaching for a rafter with his leg up in the
air and didn't look like he was going any where.

Perhaps monkey business here.
I wonder if the boy was asked to climb up into the attic again but
suppose he was not asked as the affair is truly an embarrassment.

Wow imagine if the attic was dangerously accessibly to the child.
Or impossible with out something to step on, dad better tell the
boy to step on that square fan to help him up.

Yeah, thats the way I did it.

I swear this world has become too "sanitized/homogenized/purified & perfectified"

My favorite place to play as a kid was the attic. Not only did I have to devise my own way to get into it (cuz it had no ladder) - I had to step from rafter to rafter - cuz it had no floor.

I probably had more freedom and places to run then this kid.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
TMZ: Heene Family Pitching Reality Show

www.myfoxdetroit.com...

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - Questions remain over whether the Heene family's balloon ordeal was a publicity stunt. But is the family now shopping television networks for a possible reality show?

Article goes on to say the Heene family has pitched a reality show to TLC, Reality Real and RDF Productions. LTC turned them down a few months ago.

This whole thing just stinks to high heaven.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

All things being equal, I could go along with you. But, things are not equal. They were on that show, not once, but twice amongst other things. These folks aren't right in the head Annee. Balloon boy is more than used to having a camera around too. The kids eat it up almost as much as the parents when the camera is on. There was a reason he was puking. Wait, I almost have to even question that the puking wasn't staged. Mail-Order Mom just happened to have tupperware and towels on hand. Hmm. Fishy.
This whole thing is snafu and those people are NUTS!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — The Larimer County sheriff in Colorado says they have no indication a family was carrying out a hoax when they reported their 6-year-old son was in a helium balloon that floated away from their home.

The boy was found hiding in the home's garage Thursday afternoon, hours after the balloon launched and traveled more than 50 miles.

Sheriff Jim Alderden said Friday the suggestion that the boy, Falcon Heene, was coached to hide seems inconceivable. He says the boy thought he was responsible for the balloon coming untied and hid because he was afraid he'd be in trouble.

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Annee]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
reply to post by Annee

All things being equal, I could go along with you. But, things are not equal. They were on that show, not once, but twice amongst other things. These folks aren't right in the head Annee. Balloon boy is more than used to having a camera around too. The kids eat it up almost as much as the parents when the camera is on. There was a reason he was puking. Wait, I almost have to even question that the puking wasn't staged. Mail-Order Mom just happened to have tupperware and towels on hand. Hmm. Fishy.
This whole thing is snafu and those people are NUTS!

Normal by who's standards?

And if this was something you wanted to dis-prove - - - you'd be taking the line "what's real about reality shows".

I have two friends who have Mail-Order brides.

I'm not saying these people are perfect - - - but a real basis for judging them does not exist.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
No reality show for this whack family. They need to disappear.

Maybe the balloon fiasco wasn't a hoax. Maybe the family is just that far away from reality that normal people can't make any sense of it.

"What is reality? What is a normal family?"

Knowing your kid isn't floating away on a UFO helium balloon. That's a normal reality. Flipping out when your kick projectile vomits on TV. That's a normal reality. The list goes on but I'll be nice.

When I was in high school, our next door neighbors were murdering rapists. I know what it's like to have idiots for neighbors. I know what it's like to go through the media circus.

I've been through it.

The media never reports the whole story, rarely gets what little they report correct, and will throw ANYBODY to the dogs without remorse.

I promise you the media are preying on every nearby neighbor they have. Just stay indoors. The media hates that.

Poor Falcon.
Those kids would be much better off in someone else's home.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Not too sure about that. In the other video footage (from Wife Swap or whatever it is), even Falcon said something like 'My new mom is a dumb b***.' Then, also on film, the father was throwing things at the woman. So the whole family doesn't really seem like they care if they get caught cussing or acting like lunatics on film. lol

Actually, it wasn't just the cuss words that convinced me that he was genuinely panicked. Everything about his body language clearly indicated that he was seriously upset. He was pacing, gripping his hair with his hands, couldn't even make up his mind which direction to walk, and obviously holding back an explosion...like this :bnghd: (sort of)

Even more convincing, was the look on the boys face. (the older brother) He was completely busted, and he knew it. Shoulders up, and squinting, he was trying to follow his dad around, but not so close as to end up with one of these.. (don't everyone jump on the child abuse wagon here, I'm just saying, that's the look I saw, and remember that feeling from my own childhood)

The unedited footage I was watching was not released for public viewing.

Also, one must take into the consideration the experts on scene who were actively trying to profile the situation. They were looking for any verbal, or non-verbal, indication that it might, in fact, be an elaborate hoax. According to them, their emotions and actions seemed consistent with someone telling the truth.

I've never seen any of their "reality shows", or any clips of them, so I haven't been subject to any influence that might cause me to form an opinion of them, one way or the other, so I'm going to have to hold my position.

I promise you right now, though, if anyone gets them to admit that it was a hoax, I'll eat my words, kiss your butt, and hand over the remote.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What raises a red flag kinda is that EVERYTHING was on video. Him hiding, releasing the balloon, and other things.. who does that? I don't walk around with a video cam everyday... just seems staged.

In any event. case closed. these people are as irrelevant as that kate + whatever 8 or 9 show...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

The craziest part about this whole incident so far is, after all the time i've been on this site, TeslaandLyne FINALLY posted something that i can understand.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

I have had several police and firefighter friends over the years. I have heard on many occassions them yelling at news reports over an incidence they were involved in that it was incorrect, that wasn't how it happened, etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Sheriff: Charges to be filed in balloon saga

A Colorado sheriff said late Saturday that criminal charges are expected to be filed in the flight of a saucer-like helium balloon that led to a frantic search for a 6-year-old boy believed to be on board —and then to questions about whether the drama had been a hoax.

My view:

See also Exclusive: I Helped Richard Heene Plan a Balloon Hoax

[edit on 17-10-2009 by loam]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Does it even matter to you folks that every time you refer to Falcon Heene as "Balloon Boy" that you contribute to the ongoing victimization of this child?
I would've expected more out of the minds here on ATS. But like one member stated to me recently, "it seems like the level of intelliect, maturity, and rational, coherent discussion on ATS has really decreased in the past year or so".
As much as people here harp on about the media and all their evilness, they sure are quick to join the other syncophants in parroting all their little catch phrases.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sheriff: Charges expected in 'balloon boy' case

(CNN) — Authorities in Colorado say criminal charges are expected to be filed in the case involving a storm-chasing Fort Collins father whose giant Mylar balloon ascended into the sky earlier this week — sparking fears that his 6-year-old was aboard.

"We anticipate criminal charges will be filed sometime in the near future," Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden told CNN.

Well well...

I wonder if it's going to be a 3rd level misdemeanor charge of calling in a false report. Did they find something else to charge them with?

Either way, if they're found guilty of something, it won't be the fine that hurts, but the restitution. I heard the costs involved may have been anywhere from "thousands" to 2 million.

Perhaps it was negligence or something.. ie: not being responsible for the tether...

This story is starting to look more and more like a circus act.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
[gossip]
Supposedly the timing of a video post compared to the 911 call did not jive.[/gossip]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Sheriff: Charges expected in 'balloon boy' case

(CNN) — Authorities in Colorado say criminal charges are expected to be filed in the case involving a storm-chasing Fort Collins father whose giant Mylar balloon ascended into the sky earlier this week — sparking fears that his 6-year-old was aboard.

"We anticipate criminal charges will be filed sometime in the near future," Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden told CNN.

Well well...

I wonder if it's going to be a 3rd level misdemeanor charge of calling in a false report. Did they find something else to charge them with?

Either way, if they're found guilty of something, it won't be the fine that hurts, but the restitution. I heard the costs involved may have been anywhere from "thousands" to 2 million.

Perhaps it was negligence or something.. ie: not being responsible for the tether...

This story is starting to look more and more like a circus act.

If only there was a law against stupidity...:shk:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
We will not be made a fool of, we are the government.
Unless the lid is clamped down from a higher authority.

Did you see the box to stave off all the reporters.
Write out your questions and I'll answer them in the morning.

Will he be on the phone with his handlers all night.
Or end up like the New Jersey guys that sent up fire balloons.
Who at least had a day in court.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join