It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Floating Over Colorado In Experimental Craft (balloon like flying saucer)*FOUND*

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Annee
It isn't his to market - - unless they want to hire him.

I don't think this is the kind of publicity they would be after, lol. Not too many people want to have the national guard chasing their children floating away at 10,000 feet. If i sold those balloons, i would want this story to just go away...

DITTO!

But I try to never think for other people

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Im glad they found him. I had a feeling that he was hiding away somewhere thinking he would get in some major trouble.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps
I'm sick of this male bashing going on in here. The mother is absolutely just as guilty.

Nobody is really guilty of anything, except maybe the kids, but they're kids. Again, the balloon in all reality couldn't carry that child away, but as has been said, common sense and rationality fly out the window (pun intended) when a child comes up missing and a sibling tells you they saw him float away, you dont sit down and do the math. I bet though, that they (the media) will do the math now, and will concede this couldn't have even happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok. Pardon my apparent ignorance, but....

How exactly does this News qualify as ABOVE Top Secret worthy?? It should have been in BTS. Just my opinion. Theres no "cover-up" or "conspiracy" anywhere in this...so...why ATS and not BTS?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oke let's see what little rights we had left will be lost with this event:

* chipping kids with gps
* must have expensive permits for your hobby
* must keep children away from your hobby or you will lose custody
* must increase tax law to rescue people from exotic cases

Did I forget something?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Kid wasn't even in it, what a load of nonsense. It turns out this is just some reality TV family bull#, should have known. They should sue them for this and make them pay for the search and recovery.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
what a crazy situation, i never heard of this till after he was "found and safe"
but before they said he was hiding in his house...

its a great big LOL, tbh, kid goes to play with massive balloon, baloon and kid disapears, kaos ensues..

im in the "theirs noone to blame " camp, on this one.

what i do find extremelt strange, is that when the balloon came down, the people seemed to already know their was noone in it , as they never once checked, or even went near, they just pinned it down...lol, their could have been a dead kid in their but they didnt seem to try to get in for a good few minutes .... personaly, i woudl have thought they would have had people ready with box cutters to get into the balloon as quick as possibles, but all we got was the spectacal of cops swinging spades at the balloon trying to burst it.... i mean, come on ..! LOL

balloon fail kid will live on in infamy ...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Because this is a scene straight out of the movie 12 Monkeys.
Yeah, take that!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
S lideshow of the little guy and the entire event

[edit on October 15th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They just showed an interview with the Dad. He said it (the balloon) is propelled by a million volts using the browns effect

It was obvious to me the guy was hiding something. Very strange.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Of course the kid was found alive. As it was stated over and over again that balloon was not big enough to carry a kid away 5000 feet in the air.

The media is just awful these days. Every body is in a rush to get the big story out first and nobody does any investigation or even puts any thought in what they are reporting. It took me about 10 minutes of watching CNNs ridiculous coverage of this to realize there was no way a child was in that balloon.

CNN is becoming a real joke. I mean you would think they learned their lesson after the Washington DC "Attack" on the Potomac River fiasco on 9/11. Once again they rushed to report this story like it was fact that a child was on a runaway balloon ride. They were eating it up. Somebody in TV news has to have the brains enough to look at the situation and think the something is not right. Gather some facts before reporting.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I just found this. Falcon could actually be a nome for the project. I want to know what the actual payload was.

Is the movement of wind why lifters fly, regardless of whether the air is ionized or not, or is the wind just a by-product and not the propulsion? Could the capacitors be creating a field that neutralizes gravity, allowing the craft to levitate? Or are they creating some kind of new field that is localized, the surrounding ambient field pushing this "field bubble" up--much like a helium balloon is pushed up by the surrounding heavier air trying to fill the emptier "field" of the lighter helium?

greyfalcon.us...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

Ha ha. Did you just see that? The guy said the balloon was an experiment to make a flying car like on the Jetsons or something like that.

He also said they have a UFO out back from the year before and this is what they do as a family. That's sounds like my kind of family.

Oh, yeah and I'm glad the little boy is alright.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by gazerstar
Do you think the guy will market his homemade balloons now?

He can use the phrase "As Seen on TV" with it.

If the guy is into UFO's and stuff, I wonder if he is an ATS member.

Oh, hells yeah, he must be. The guy must at least know about ATS IMHO.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I can't believe everyone here can't see how much this reeks of a politically motivated hoax. First of all, if you watch the footage of the balloon landing it's obvious to anyone (including the reporters) that the situation was handled completely wrong. If the rescue team at the landing site believed the boy was inside, as was being reported at the time, WHY the hell would they stand around for so long and not approach the baloon? They acted as if it was radioactive or something. On top of that, they then begin to bludgeon the balloon and puncture it all while under the impression that a 6yr old child was inside? What's going on here?

Then, a few minutes later, I discover that the dad was on a couple reality TV shows (actor?) and he's a conspiracy theorist (gee, how convenient). He was also into studying structures on Mars. But, if you watch the YouTube videos of him talking about this, you can clearly see that he's more of a disinfo artist than anything else. He acts like a lunatic and tries to point out things on Mars that are clearly NOTHING when in fact there are real credible photos worth scrutiny on the NASA site for anyone in the know about this subject.

It's a bit early to say for sure, but this whole thing is adding up to look like a politically motivated stunt to further discredit anyone who believes in conspiracy theories, particularly NASA cover-ups regarding ancient life and civilizations on Mars.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by gazerstar
Do you think the guy will market his homemade balloons now?

He can use the phrase "As Seen on TV" with it.

If the guy is into UFO's and stuff, I wonder if he is an ATS member.

Oh, hells yeah, he must be. The guy must at least know about ATS IMHO.

-rrr

What will be sad is when we find out that not only is he a member....he was contributing to this thread from the beginning.

Would that mean that everyone would have to take back all the disparaging comments they made against him?....under the name calling clause in T&C

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by optigon

Yep, this whole thread is turning in to the dumbest thread I have ever seen on ATS. Its obvious now that some people will blow "conspiracy smoke" in to any thing they can find. Scuse me while I go cover my kids toy RC helicopter with tin foil, and fly it over town in hopes someone will report a UFO or accuse me of cooperating with the Gov't in a cover-up to discredit the batteries in the controller.

Pfffft

It was OBVIOUSLY just some guys backyard hobby gone wrong. Thats it...nothing more.....remove tinfoil hats now.

What ever happened to the REAL rational discussions on here?

[edit on 10/15/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was taking a nap while this went down, but after I read the article and saw that these parents have been on Wife Swap twice (seen the episodes and remembered exactly who they were, and they really leave something to be desired as being parents) they take their children into live storms, tornado's actually and the dad seems to be either bi polar or a user of stimulants the show kind of showed how they were poor parents risked their child's lives put their needs and hobbies before their children and then something like this happens.

In my opinion they should have to pay for all the time and money that went into this as these children should have never been exposed to these "projects" in the first place let alone, being left by themselves with these things.

Also, with the history of this family, I can't help to think this was either a Hoax gone wrong, or really stupid publicity stunt.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by asala

This is really bad.
I think a better idea would be to try an intercept using a motorized paraglider.

Phage I agree with you about alot of things but I cannot imagine that hang glider thing having worked out well. How would he know exactly where the kid was? Extremely thin plywood is what I heard he would have been sitting on.

Anyway that fan man looks cool and all but I doubt it would have gone smoothly.

Glad that kid is alright though, for awhile I figured he must have fallen out.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

You forgot the desensitization of the masses to "UFO"s. That was the first thing I thought about when I saw this all over the news. It seems subliminal.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by souls]

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join