It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Floating Over Colorado In Experimental Craft (balloon like flying saucer)*FOUND*

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullhorn
I'm not a parent but I understand that you get freaked out in such a situation. However I do think it would occurr to me to look for my kid in and around the house.

I figured as much, before i was a parent i would have thought the exact same. But it doesn't work that way when you actually have a kid, anytime their whereabouts are unknown, even for a second, tunnel vision takes hold, and youre heart freezes...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Couldn't they have checked every single spot in and around the house before having the National Guard prepare to step in? Maybe I'm missing something here, but this whole story sounds incredibly stupid to me.

Perhaps youre not a parent. If one of my kids ran in the house and told me the other floated away, i dont think calm rational thought would prevail, although in hindsight it's always better if it had.

I'm not a parent but I understand that you get freaked out in such a situation. However I do think it would occurr to me to look for my kid in and around the house.

So you wouldn't believe your son when he told you in a panic you that his brother was floating away on the stupid helium balloon you guys built together?

Sounds like this is a close family that isn't used to lying and has some respect for each other. They do interesting things together and think about team work and trust. I don't detect any reason to distrust the SOS from the older brother.

But I am reading an awful lot into the families internal trust structure from just the idea that they have built balloon in their back yard. I just think its too cool a family project to be a symbol of a totally dysfunctional family.

My guess is that these two kids are now grounded for life though.

[edit on 15/10/2009 by rnaa]

[edit on 15/10/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
Isn't it nice how so many people were concerned about something actually important like the life of this child instead of all the conflict and inanity that usually gets our attention? Situations like these help us focus on what's really important. Too bad the unity, concern for others, and positive vibes won't last long.

Great post, we need more reasons to come together and less reasons to divide us (as human beings).

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I posted on another blog about this and thought something didn't feel right about the whole situation. Then little bits of information started to come out and made me think that this kid may not be in the ballon. One he was working on the ballon with his dad and all of a sudden he was in it. Two then the brother said he saw the younger one go into a box on the ballon and then it took off. Three finding out that the family was on Wife Swap twice, started me thinking that this kid will come out to be alright and safe.

I will state here and now that it will come out that this was a publicity stunt thought up by the father and/or the mother to get attention, and if not the older brother was in on it with the little brother.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Right.

Criticize those who do not buy into the reality soap opera that is the MSM.

Your just embarrassed that you fell for it.

You can come up with any argument you like, but the truth of the matter is that this type of Dramatic Fluff is the center piece for news agencies these days.

Meanwhile, kids are starving to death all over the world, and wars are raging on.And no one gives a crap!

And yet everyone cares about something that did not even happen!

Just look at the reality here. Please.

So kids are starving to death all over the world, wars are raging on, and you're just sitting at your computer preaching about it? Just look at the reality there.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thank God this little dude is okay! YAY!

I love happy endings.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greatpiino

Hey I didn't say I cared.

But most of the people here "ACT" like they care oooh so much.

I was just pointing out the obvious.

That none of you actually care very much.

Aside of doing what I'm doing of course, which is just sitting here yapping on a forum.

At least I am honest with myself and with others.

In contrast to the complete herd mentality and hypocrisy going around.

My point still stands. Thousands of kids globally died of preventable disease, malnutrition, violence.All the while everyone was going bonkers over a balloon and a kid whom was NEVER in danger.

Countless Kids in actual verified danger > 1 Kid in a "potential for danger"

And then have the audacity to attempt to turn this around on me?

It is hypocrisy IMHO.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by clever024
The boy is dead, I just have a feeling, take note, it is a prediction at 5:04pm est that I said the boy is dead..... non-believers should take note.....

Congratulations you've just made a non-believer out of me, imagine using a kids possible death to try and push your agenda.
Looks like your god didn't give you the right prediction.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by greatpiino

Hey I didn't say I cared.

But most of the people here "ACT" like they care oooh so much.

I was just pointing out the obvious.

That none of you actually care very much.

Aside of doing what I'm doing of course, which is just sitting here yapping on a forum.

At least I am honest with myself and with others.

In contrast to the complete herd mentality and hypocrisy going around.

My point still stands. Thousands of kids globally died of preventable disease, malnutrition, violence.All the while everyone was going bonkers over a balloon and a kid whom was NEVER in danger.

Countless Kids in actual verified danger > 1 Kid in a "potential for danger"

And then have the audacity to attempt to turn this around on me?

It is hypocrisy IMHO.

It's not hypocrisy. Just because people care about one kid (who everyone actually did think was in danger) doesn't mean that they don't care about EVERY kid. It's not fair for you to imply that. It also doesn't make sense for you to assume that you know what everyone's global concerns are based on the attention they pay to a very tense developing news story. It's arrogant of you. If you want attention paid to a certain issue, then go start a thread about it. Don't come onto an unrelated one on a high horse trying to sweep people up in some guilt trip. Done now, peace.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by greatpiino]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Do you think the guy will market his homemade balloons now?

He can use the phrase "As Seen on TV" with it.

If the guy is into UFO's and stuff, I wonder if he is an ATS member.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You couldn't be any more wrong. It's alot easier to focus on one child, than it is to focus on entire faceless populations. We're only human, not super computers. I can only speak for myself, but if i could help all the children suffering in this world, i would. I donate money to childrens funds, etc. I do everything in my power. To proclaim we don't care, and proudly proclaim that you don't care, is disgusting, frankly. That's not something to be proud of.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino

So kids are starving to death all over the world, wars are raging on, and you're just sitting at your computer preaching about it? Just look at the reality there.

Also, the fact that your witty retort gained so many stars so quickly shows me that a lot of people here need to open their eyes.

After all of the countless discussions we have on here about the Media being manipulative and misleading; documents from COURT proving that media = entertainment (and not required to be fact);but today everything changed and the media was telling the truth?

And now I'm the jerk because I did not waver in my assessment that the media is fluff nor did I falter.

Good Game.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I figured as much, before i was a parent i would have thought the exact same. But it doesn't work that way when you actually have a kid, anytime their whereabouts are unknown, even for a second, tunnel vision takes hold, and you're heart freezes...

Oh yeah!

My ADHD 4 year old hid from me once cuz she thought it was funny. She was missing for about 45 minutes. Found in the house wedged between a dresser and the wall. An area previously over looked.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wonder if the parents ever read their children The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf? Not the missing child, but the siblings who were so sure he was on that balloon.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Do you think the guy will market his homemade balloons now?

He can use the phrase "As Seen on TV" with it.

If the guy is into UFO's and stuff, I wonder if he is an ATS member.

You can buy kits.

It isn't his to market - - unless they want to hire him.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm sick of this male bashing going on in here. The mother is absolutely just as guilty.

It seems that these parents are doing what all 'the good parenting' books say. Spend time together and do things together as a family, foster an interest in science, technology, and education in general. Do projects with your kids, and support any talents or aptitudes that may surface.

The fact that the kid never got into the balloon just proves they've brought him up right. there's a lot of true to the adage 'start 'em young'. I can't even imagine how fantastic my childhood would have been if we had had a 'family hobby'.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino

Also, the fact that your witty retort gained so many stars so quickly shows me that a lot of people here need to open their eyes.

After all of the countless discussions we have on here about the Media being manipulative and misleading; documents from COURT proving that media = entertainment (and not required to be fact);but today everything changed and the media was telling the truth?

And now I'm the jerk because I did not waver in my assessment that the media is fluff nor did I falter.

Good Game.

You're derailing this thread with your anti-mainstream media agenda. This thread has nothing to do with that. This thread was about having hope for a seemingly lost child, and you've come in here mocking people. Anyway, you should bounce and be out so you can go save starving children and cure diseases. Don't be mad at me for trying to shoo away your negative vibes and derailing of this happy ending news story. Night!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think it would be kind of ironic that the picture CNN was showing of that speck, actually turned out to be a real UFO.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
It isn't his to market - - unless they want to hire him.

I don't think this is the kind of publicity they would be after, lol. Not too many people want to have the national guard chasing their children floating away at 10,000 feet. If i sold those balloons, i would want this story to just go away...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join