It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Floating Over Colorado In Experimental Craft (balloon like flying saucer)*FOUND*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The child is named as Falcon, The balloon is descending according to Police spokes person for the family,

The child is in the balloon say the police..
The father is giving the authority's details on the make of it to help in the rescue,

The father did not know the child was in the balloon, His brother ran in to tell him as the father was in the house,

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is absolutely insane!!! poor child, I hope that if he is in there, he has a soft landing.
btw it looks like it is deflating on one side.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
news.sky.com... 0315406702?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15406702_Child_Floats_Off_In_Hot_Air_Balloon%3A_Six-Year-Old_Said_To_Be_Trapped_Inside_Craft_ In_Colorado

Child 'Floats Off In Hot Air Balloon'

A child of six has floated away in a hot air balloon after climbing into the makeshift craft in Colorado, USA, reports say. The silver balloon, which resembles a flying saucer, can be seen drifting thousands of feet in the air.

Authorities on the ground in Denver are now desperately trying to work out how to rescue the boy safely.

Police said there was no way to reach the boy inside or to ascertain his condition.

The Denver Post newspaper reported that the boy got into the home-made balloon at his family's home in Fort Collins and that it then came loose from its tether.

A Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) spokesman Mike Fergus says the agency had been notified and it was unclear whether traffic controllers had picked it up on radar.

Text

I wonder can he see outside of it at all? Does he know where he is like he is in the sky or does not he?

Can they not get a helicopter with a net to capture him or something?

link   
I've been hoping that the boy is still on the ground hiding, afraid to get in trouble.

They sounded so sure he was in there, now the mother says she isn't sure?

hmmm... well let's hope not.

link   
I'm watching the live feed... things have just gotten a lot worse.

It looks like a quarter of the thing has deflated.

It's also moving very quickly. If it hits the ground quickly...

[edit on Oct 15th 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Best option I can think of would be to get a tiny pinhole in the thing and let it drift slowly back down to earth. Maybe one of those paragliders could get him close enough. Or maybe a helicopter at a distance dropping a rescue tether line just close enough to get the pinhole in it- downdraft from the chopper might be a problem though. But then again, a tiny pinhole may not work either- it could blow the thing. I'll be curious to see what they do here. But Jesus, what a terrible situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
any idea how big this thing is anyone..
it is comming dowm fast now..
i hope the little guy makes it out in one piece...

one hell of a ride...

link   
Hope he will be okay. I wonder if the National Guard can throw a net over it.

link   
guys this thing is made out of airfoil
so it's not floating it's flying

so the faster it goes the more altitude it gains

not good!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The dad's gonna need a lot of theropy after this!

The kid will too, if he lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Can the boy breathe in there? I'm not sure where the opening is for him to have gotten into that basket and I'm wondering if he breathing in the helium or not.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No.
It's a balloon.

link   
They're now saying that the child MAY have fallen out soon after takeoff. his sibling saw it take off and the access door was wide open when it initially began flight.

further, they are saying that if a child were inside it would be in a more vertical position and not be able to roll over on itself -- side to side -- as much as it is....

link   
a great demonstration of bad parenting social services anyone

[edit on 15-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

someone on MSNBC said there should be enough oxygen at that altitude

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is so sad.
I pray for the boy. I hope to god he is saved, and alive.
Send prayers his way guys.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i see its nearly half deflated by now maybe it will slow down some

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As this comes together... I wonder if the sibling...well ya know how it goes... "hey you get in there"....

la de da...let's see what happens if I untie my annoying little brother...

"uh oh"

yep....i can see where this is going.... family therapy

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It would be really, really good to get him down before nightfall.

He'll lose altitude, but he'll be freezing his little butt off.

I'm a commmercial hot air balloon pilot, and I really don't like the stability of the platform, and I certainly don't like the design of the understructure.

If the kid can keep his head, he has a chance. Landing at 25 mph is not fun, and can really rattle your teeth. And that doesn't count the bouncing.

A good chase crew will have to be johnny-on-the-spot.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The doctor they're interviewing on the local station just mentioned that they don't know if it's a separate compartment or not. If it's not, then he only had helium to breathe which would sadly not sustain him for very long. If it is, then great... but that's something they haven't determined on the news yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join