It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old boy riding in a flying saucer shaped balloon over Colorado

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
IMHO I don't believe this be some some media over-turned UFO cover-up, it certainly looks like a custom built UFO.

I sure feel very sorry for the kid in the balloon and I wish him a safe rescue, my prayers go to the kids family.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
well, one thing for sure...if he does pull through, he is going to have one hell of a story attached to his youth...question is, will he become addicted to flight, or never fly anything again.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What is wrong with people this day and age and keeping their kids safe? How in the world could this happen. He is smart enough to build the balloon but dumb enough not to know the teather wasnt attached? Talk about book sense and lack of common sense here it is folks.

Basically like leaving a loaded gun on the counter or keys in the car running with kids around.

He should get a child endangerment charge.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by truthbtold]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
oh, and in keeping with the spirit of this forum, will be interesting when its a proper UFO the networks are covering verses a hot air balloon...or would this even be covered if it was a proper UFO gliding over the countryside...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
On no, just in they are saying that they think that the kid may have all ready fallen out earlier. Taking into account that the door is slightly open. God I sure hope not. Very sad.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is scary to watch the object is falling down faster and faster.

I hope it lands near the water if there is any in the given area?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a police spokesperson just said the "International Guard" is monitoring it

huh

who is IG ?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is terrible! I hope he makes it but things do not look well.

link   

Originally posted by vip867
On no, just in they are saying that they think that the kid may have all ready fallen out earlier. Taking into account that the door is slightly open. God I sure hope not. Very sad.

OH NO

link   

Originally posted by krystalice
This is scary to watch the object is falling down faster and faster.

I hope it lands near the water if there is any in the given area?

well, theres lakes, and mountains...I dont see it being very controllable.

I watched mythbusters and they made a (lead) balloon...anyhow, once it was over, they were putting holes in it..it went from floating to a critical point reached and the whole thing fell down fast...so, putting small holes in it would be a very bad idea if mythbusters experiment shows how it will end.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
one side is totally flat right now

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

pretty sure were just hearing things. she said national guard as far as i could tell. and if she did say international...she messed up...it seems everyone covering/working on this is just blown away by what is happening...give them some slack.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
hmm
they said that the problem is, the basket isnt really attached well to the actual balloon...lets hope the little one doesnt jump around much inside so the basket doesnt fall.

as far as the kid being terrified...it really depends...he might be having the time of his life, not understanding just how dangerous it is...

they are following the balloon around now with medical choppers...guess they are expecting this is going to end bad.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wanna see a real UFO come out of the sky and rescue the kid, that's his best chance right now...

They say there's a plywood structure in there, at that speed thats gonna be an rough rough landing. this just in, the plywood in this thing is thin and weak and would not survive a landing....

appears to be at 8000 ft!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Im watching CNN, I really wish they wouldnt say stuuf like that. The way the balloon is floating it sure looks unstable and bounceing around like there isnt much weight under the balloon. I hope that this doesnt turn out to be a hoax. But I really hope that the boy didnt fallout.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
its coming down fast now

i hope the kid makes it

link   
I'm watching a live Satellite Feed of this right now from a helicopter.

Flipping through channels, I first saw the cameraman trying to locate it, and it was just a small disc. I swear I thought I was witnessing a UFO sighting being caught in real time.

From the close-ups, it sure appears now that the balloon is deflating somewhat.

After watching hot air balloons landing in my yard from the races a few weeks ago, I'm starting to think this kid is in real trouble. Even when they were landing, they had to add hot air in order to keep from hitting the ground too hard.

Hopefully he'll settle back in gently enough, and not get injured... keep your fingers crossed. He's gotta be scared out of his mind.

edit to add...

At least this is a helium filled balloon, which may be a life-saver (if he's still in it). Hopefully it will slowly lose its ability to lift and he lands in an open field.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by lernmore]

link   

Originally posted by vip867

I hope he didn't fall out! This has to be one of the most bizarre stories I've read in a while. WTH is wrong with his parents?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Listen to live police radio feed

www.radioreference.com...

Choose Colorado state police (Denver dispatch)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join