It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of Military Deaths in Afghanistan Banned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Photos of Military Deaths in Afghanistan Banned

www.editorandpublisher.com

The U.S. military in eastern Afghanistan recently changed its media embed rules to ban pictures of troops killed in the war.

“Media will not be allowed to photograph or record video of U.S. personnel killed in action"

Pictures of American military deaths are rare, but until now they have not been officially banned during either of the ongoing wars

The change occurred after the wide distribution of a photograph of a dying U.S. Marine. On Sept. 4, the Associated Press released a photo of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is similar to when the pentagon said they would no longer be reporting deaths in Afghanistan, and now this no more photographs of dead soldiers.

Basically they are trying to put the entire anti-war movement under the ground as much as possible.

If people see dead bodies they would not be pro-war as reality would slap them in the face.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
A little late for a ban isn't it?! But then again we are definitely going to stay there a little longer to get all those puny "terrorists", that makes me feel save and I'm really relieved not having to see the faces of war.

... this time the world won't be watching the crimes we are about to do.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

If people see dead bodies they would not be pro-war as reality would slap them in the face.

Its a familys dead loved one, not an anti war tool.

If I die next time I go to the sandbox neither you or your friends are allowed to use my body to further your movement.

Disgraceful.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The whole embedded media thing was a stupid idea to begin with. If you want to see what's really happening go for freelancer work.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
If I die next time I go to the sandbox neither you or your friends are allowed to use my body to further your movement.

Ok so only the govt. and war profiteers are allowed to use your body to further THEIR movement?

ok gotcha

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's not true that "until now they weren't banned". Bush banned any pictures like that, in fact they weren't even allowed to take pictures of the flag covered coffins, remember?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes you are right. I have contracted my body to them for a specified amount of time.

If I should die within that timeframe then you do not have the right to see my corpse. It belongs to my family and if they choose to release a photo of it for demonstration purposes then that is their choice.

I don't know where you got it in your brain that you have the right to use photos of dead soldiers for your agenda, but as stated before, you are not welcomed to photo my dead body.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Anyone who believes that this is in any manner connected to the antiwar group is completely FOS.

This is about respect.

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Jesus Christ!

The Universe is limited.

Stupidity isn't.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yes that's what I said
I gotcha

Originally posted by dooper
This is about respect.

I agree, don't get me wrong it's all about respect
respect for soldiers and not disrespecting the dead
just like the hungry/suicidal iraqi vet turned vagabond down the street told me, it's about respect man!

thanks for clearing things up guys

that's why I come to ATS, great insight!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Just make sure you don't die in place where your corpse can be seen from public place
You never know if there's a photographer who isn't bound by these embedded rules around.

new topics

top topics

join