It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein was not a genius

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
OMG once again the very people stating genius and knocking others use basic urban myths for their argument, and dont even RESEARCH what they say.

Fact

Einstein Certainly Could tie his shoes

Urban Myth 1

Einstein Never Finished School or was not Good at Math

Urban Myth 2

Einstein had a Low IQ or just above average

Urban Myth

I could do the same as einstein (OP)

Delusional Thought of very Highly active Imagination with sense of inferiority mixed in. Uselually caused by low self esteem.

Einsteing actually researched topics before putting them to paper, and they contained complex maths and such like, unlike yourself in this ridiculous OP.

Go search have a peek, and not the 3 minute attention span sites you obviosuly get your info from.

Tsk

Elf

Who the hell is knocking anybody? I though we were having good discussion/debate. I'm offended by your Delusional statement, I don't have a low self esteem, I have a wild, highly active imagination. It seem your the one coming in here to start problems. How about keeping your negativity and post in a more positive way, Like without offending anybody?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Thanks for posting something i think most of in this thread already know...

PEACE!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi Aggie Man-

Actually your jejune quote about Einstein being a 'genius from birth' is very very very far from the truth. It's sentimental tone is full of errors and sloppy research, and sounds like it was printed for 5 year old school children, not adults on any serious ATS discussion: why did you post that silly slop in the first place? Unless of course, you were being ironic....!!

Herr Albert Einstein not only did very badly for years in school, he did not even SPEAK until he was over 5 years old !! His parents and people who saw him as a child did not think him a genius at all--far from it, they thought he was mentally retarded.

It is true that his imagination must have been very strong, however. But his peculiar type of intelligence was more theoretical-dreamy (a typical Pisces !!) and intuitive---he often thought he found the so-called 'answer' before he could prove it...i.e. by intuitive hunches. Unfortunately his hunches proved wrong nearly half of the time---but nobody today DARES point any of that out !!

His silly LAMDA goof cost him 22 years of sweating labour for nothing. The Universe IS expanding (i.e. not 'steady state') and when he saw the redshifts for himself, he was more than a little ashamed of having wasted 1/3 of his whole life trying to prove something that was totally based on a false premise to start with.

Gifted? Of course--Genius? well, certainly he did have genius in some areas, especially in his bringing together OTHER previous scientific theoretical ideas and coming up with newer more refined ones.

But his peculiar 'intuitive' type of 'theoretical genius' is just one of several dozen types out there in the wider world---and this man's contribution to the world of astro-phyiscs, though substantial, is unfortunately inflated beyond all possible recognition in today's press---

The fact is, that our Einstein (like most men of great talent in the world) he stood on the shoulders of the giants before him and alongside him....

Such (alas, often unsung) greats such as: Max Placnk, Maxwell, Satyendra Nath Bose, Minkowski, Poincaire, F B Riemann, Arthur Stanley Eddington (one of his English 'translators' who helped popularise Einstein in the UK) Olinto de Pretto, Mileva Maric, Hendrik Antoon Lorentz, Morley, Marcell Grossmann (taught him non-Euclidian 'Eliptic' Geometry from scratch) , Wm Kingdon Clifford, Michaelson, and he would be the first to admit that fact --which he did, repeatedly throughout his career ..... unfortunately, the public's insatiable desire for gods and heroes has blown poor Einstein all out of proportion...more's the pity !

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Someone sure doesn't seem to like that Einstein did a lot with supposedly little intelligence

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
He might not have been a genius but I'm sure he held his own intellectually, he got lucky...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join