It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein was not a genius

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Einstein was not a genius.

Yes, you read that right.

Einstein wasn't that smart. Anybody with the I.Q. Between 100 and 140 can do the same. The only requirement is vast imagination.

Most of the theories he proposed have already been done before him.

Riemann surfaces? Pfft. Already done by Bernhard Riemann.

Riemann Surface

Tensors? Metric tensors? Sure. They're been around long time.

The speed of light? Sure sure.

Oh, and Einstein wasn't the only one who invent relativity theory.

All he did was use his imagination and hard work.

Here are a couple of Einstein's quotes:

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”

“It's not that I'm so smart , it's just that I stay with problems longer .”

Anybody could do this. All it takes is imagination.

Don't forget that he couldn't tie his own shoes.

General Theory of Relativity? That was easy, and I am not a genius.

We all can understand with plenty of imagination.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla = genius

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Genius isn't just measured by intelligence quotient alone. In fact, Enistein meets the 1st, original definition of Genius.

gen·ius (jnys)
n. pl. gen·ius·es
a. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.
b. A person of extraordinary intellect and talent: "One is not born a genius, one becomes a genius" (Simone de Beauvoir).
c. A person who has an exceptionally high intelligence quotient, typically above 140.
a. A strong natural talent, aptitude, or inclination: has a genius for choosing the right words.
b. One who has such a talent or inclination: a genius at diplomacy.
3. The prevailing spirit or distinctive character, as of a place, a person, or an era: the genius of Elizabethan England.
4. pl. ge·ni·i (jn-) Roman Mythology A tutelary deity or guardian spirit of a person or place.
5. A person who has great influence over another.
6. A jinni in Muslim mythology.

Just my 2-cents

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Nikola Tesla = genius

NOW that is a whole other topic.

Sadly he is silenced.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So what does that make me? Last test i took says my IQ is 125. I assume not all test are very accurate though.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

1. a. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.

You say that he meet the first definition. Yes. Many of us have vast imagination.

Many people say that Einstein was a genius (above I.Q. 140) but fail to realize that he was just like many of us.

He couldn't tie his own shoes for goodness sake.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

So what does that make me? Last test i took says my IQ is 125. I assume not all test are very accurate though.

But you are good with imagination?

It takes a lot of hard work and imagination.

It was all hard work for Edison.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

1. a. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.

You say that he meet the first definition. Yes. Many of us have vast imagination.

Many people say that Einstein was a genius (above I.Q. 140) but fail to realize that he was just like many of us.

He couldn't tie his own shoes for goodness sake.

We all have certain things we can't do. So, he couldn't tie his own shoes...big deal...that does not make one less intelligent.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yeah i guess i do have wild imagination, always have. I pretty much think along the same lines Einstein did, and a bunch other crap. Imagining how the universe works and how it started are my favorite things to think about amongst many other things. I can show my thoughts better in art than in words though if that says anything about me.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

We all have certain things we can't do. So, he couldn't tie his own shoes...big deal...that does not make one less intelligent.

You are right about that.

All I am saying that he just took one idea (the speed of light is constant in any frame of reference) and used the theories that have been proposed and proven by others before him and formulated the theory of relativity which isn't even original.

If I was living at that time I could have done the same and I am not even a genius. I just have a lot of imagination.

It's the same with Edison.

Einstein was smart and had plenty of imagination but wasn't a genius. That can be proven.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yeah i guess i do have wild imagination, always have. I pretty much think along the same lines Einstein did, and a bunch other crap. Imagining how the universe works and how it started are my favorite things to think about amongst many other things.

There you go. Einstein was at the right time and place. He didn't have formal training so he was free with his imagination and time. The modern mathematical and physics theories were new at the time.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I very bad at math so i cant really use that to help me either.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I very bad at math so i cant really use that to help me either.

Einstein was very bad at math. Go figure

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

YES!!! I'm a certified genius, I've never scored below a 140 on an IQ test! Take that Einstein!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein was born in Germany in 1879.Like all other geniuses; Albert too was a genius from birth. From a very tender age he started showing signs of a genius. As a child Albert was thoughtful and self-sufficient. He loved making very tall houses with cards and loved math and science. He had great knowledge about physics and used to surprise his professors with his brilliant answers.

Albert Einstein is best known for his theory of relativity and specifically mass energy equivalence, expressed by the equation E = mc2.He was a master in Physics and he also received a noble prize for his services towards Theoretical Physics and mainly for the discovery of the law of photoelectric effect. From childhood he took interest in Physics and with pure determination he studied the subject and solved problems concerning to it. He had a strategy of his own and was able to visualize the main stages on the way to his goal. He regarded his major achievements as mere stepping-stones for the next advance.

Albert Einstein had an IQ of 160. Einstein published over 300 scientific works and over 150 non-scientific works. In the year of 1911 he was given the full professorship at a German University. A year later in 1912, he moved to Zurich where he became the professor of Theoretical Physics. He died on April 18 due to heart failure. Einstein contributed more than any other scientist to the modern vision of physical reality. His special and general theories of relativity are still regarded as the most satisfactory model of the large-scale universe that we have.

SOURCE: www.iqtestexperts.com...

I think this excerpt speaks to Einstein's intelligence nicely. He won the Nobel Prize for his work on the photoelectric effect. That was back when the Nobel actually meant something.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Nice i got something in comin with my favorite scientist...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Albert Einstein was born in Germany in 1879.Like all other geniuses; Albert too was a genius from birth. From a very tender age he started showing signs of a genius. As a child Albert was thoughtful and self-sufficient. He loved making very tall houses with cards and loved math and science. He had great knowledge about physics and used to surprise his professors with his brilliant answers.

Sounds like just any gifted student?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

He won the Nobel Prize for his work on the photoelectric effect.

He wasn't alone.

That was back when the Nobel actually meant something.

Right. It was a brand new field.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well imagination and creativity are the most important "tools" for any scientist or artist. I even imagined things that won't be discovered in the next 100 years by science, what truly makes someone a genius is the ability to bring imagination onto paper (in words, pictures... whatever). IQ is a really bad way to measure intelligence, intelligence can manifest in so many ways (you don't need to be good in math to understand the complexity of the universe), its just not possible to measure every human with the same test and take its results seriously.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

This is very true. But i got very bad grades in art class when i was school too. I suppose that's because i have a hard time being told what to do when it comes to art. I'm all self taught when it comes to art.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join