It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim black people less intelligent than whites in Channel 4 show

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by ItIsWhatItIs

Ever consider it's a flawed TEST?

It proves nothing.

All tests are flawed. It doesn't prove, it provides data.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I love crushing threads like these, everyone of you has probably lived more then one lifetime in another body, a different race, not just one predominantly. So get over it.

When you incarnate on a plane of existance, just remember your body is only a thoughtform.

IF humans are mutlidimensional that means we are occupying more then one body of space and are probably in a number of different bodies through the series of eternity. Eternal Sunshine indeed. But being time doesn't exist outside our measurement scope of annual dilogue, there are many you's existing at the same time.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by menguard]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wonder (assuming this is true, peer reviewed, etc) if its from genetic or environmental development.

Considering Africa for the most part of history was about physical superiority for survival and europe developed as more intellectual survival tactics over generations may answer why a african man is physically superior to a white man (averaging out here, there are exceptions all over the place).

Also, once it is reasonably understood without passion, the next question is, will it correct itself in a couple generations or should optional gene therapy be introduced.
Physical prowess in our species is no longer a absolute necessity for survival but mental prowess is and such therapys should be talked about...not just for any race but also in general for all of the population.

I know a few black men, and 2 of them are idiots, but the 3rd one is very gifted. The difference is the 2 grew up in urban roughness, etc...the 3rd came from a rough area but went to university and made something of himself...so, I dont believe there is a cap to how intellectual they are, however I am inclined to believe that their overall average intellectual growth has been stunted simply from environmental aspects.

Also, the tests are skewed. pretend you had a slave race that was in every real measure, kept down...then one day you free them, make them equal, and then a few years later wonder why this former slave race seems more ignorant about society than the comparison race...

So, nature and nurture both have been hammered a bit and so it is reasonable to assume that the average black man compared to the average white man for now is less. (but again, a genius black man and a genius white man are pretty damn equal)

Bah, difficult discussion but will toss a flag at it for bring it up for a reasonable discussion

(I would like for every race to score out like asians frankly...gene therapy...pills...whatever)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If your funding comes from eugenicists then you can get a lot of weird results. How to lie with data.
If you look at major cities, you will find more fluoride in water among black populated areas. Does that mean they like fluoride? But that will make a 20% difference in IQ. It's time to get the fluoride out of the water!!! Oakland has had trouble with its' schools forever. But would they get the fluoride out of the water?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree...Most dont have the same oppurtuinities as others,,,BUT, thats no excuse to resort to crime

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wouldu
I agree...Most dont have the same oppurtuinities as others,,,BUT, thats no excuse to resort to crime

Are we talking small time crime or big time Illuminati type crime?
You should be a bit more clear because I'm willing to bet about %90 of the morally wrong crimes in the world are being done by super rich Illuminati whites.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Originally posted by wouldu

Are we talking small time crime or big time Illuminati type crime?
You should be a bit more clear because I'm willing to bet about %90 of the morally wrong crimes in the world are being done by super rich Illuminati whites.

Maybe you can distinguish with the application of virtue and reasoning. Most petty crimes are not with cause. Whereas crimes of the elite were with utilitarian consequence.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
I love crushing threads like these, everyone of you has probably lived more then one lifetime in another body, a different race, not just one predominantly. So get over it.

When you incarnate on a plane of existance, just remember your body is only a thoughtform.

IF humans are mutlidimensional that means we are occupying more then one body of space and are probably in a number of different bodies through the series of eternity. Eternal Sunshine indeed. But being time doesn't exist outside our measurement scope of annual dilogue, there are many you's existing at the same time.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by menguard]

I don't think you have a flying **** of a clue what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I see two problems (at least) with this whole issue. The first is that we don't know what we mean when we say "intelligence". The second problem is that we tend to get outraged over any claim that one ethic might be genetically different from another, especially if the difference is that some ethnic minority might appear "inferior" to a majority.

There is no reasonable doubt that, in general, minorities don't do as well on IQ tests as their White counterparts. The assumption was that that this meant the minorities were less "intelligent". However, all it means is that they don't do as well on those tests. Since most of the tests were devised by White academic types, it is highly likely that there is an unconscious bias in the tests that favors Whites and academics. About all you can legitimately say about the tests is that when White academics create certain tests, Whites do better on those tests than other minorities. That's not saying a whole lot.

The second problem is more difficult. It is politically incorrect to claim that any "race" or ethnic group is "inferior" to another, no matter what. The chances of this actually being true are minuscule. It is nearly certain that some groups do excel, while others lag, in some areas. However, a scientist who points out any such differences is likely to face enormous, unwarranted criticism. This is science by politics, and it doesn't work.

Yes, we do need to protect against those who attempt to support their bigotry with "science", who pick on the one or two possible studies that show differences while ignoring thousands more than show no such difference. Still, it would be a statistical miracle if every ethnic group turned out to do equally well with every other group, in all legitimate tests. If that happened, in fact, fraud would almost certainly be involved.

The fact that different ethnic groups can be identified and distinguished, means that there are differences between them. It is not a bad thing that these differences exist. It's what makes people unique. What is bad, in my opinion, is trying to use science to justify racist policies against any group. What we need to do is not to suppress science, if it produces unpopular results, but to carefully avoid the misuse of science.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What about dark skinned east asians? Asians have higher scores than white people. Jews have higher scores than most other people. RH- people have high scores ;yes, there are black people in north Africa who are RH negative. I bet the researchers never tried to test any of them. This is just race baiting designed to cover up which people actually do have natural advantages on intelligence tests. If whites were not so flattered ,they would track down those who have higher intelligence and mate with them.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ever wondered which groups they are using for comparative purposes?

I do.

Because comparing people who grew up in starvation, or successive waves of starvation to people who live in an opulent society where even the poor people have TVs is NOT using equivalent populations.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The eugenecists would just say the white people who are poor and starving are clearly poor because they of inferrior stock and have no right to exist. In fact the would say that the child of geniuses should not to exist if that child suffered brain dammage. If they ever did weed out the poor and the handicapped, they would turn on people who had the wrong body odor.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My, my, doesn't this subject bring out the PCbots in force.

There is that much maligned book, "The Bell Curve", that showed that there are some very bright blacks, as well as some really stupid whites.
But in general the whites had more brain power than the blacks.
That American blacks were brighter than African blacks.

You might wonder, if blacks in general are all of equal intelligence to whites, why is it that when given certain tests, they are given "points" so that their scores are higher and closer to that of the whites?

They shouldn't get all huffy when the subject comes up.
If they are on the top with college degrees and important jobs, then this obviously does not apply to them.

In general: White folks are the visionarys, the creators/innovators.
The Orientals are great at maintaining technology, but not creating it.
The Jews are great at finance. They are word artists and make the greatest diplomats and salespeople.
The blacks are great at music, but are less academicly inclined.

To say than any of them are Superior to the other begs the question, "Superior in what way?"

They are just differently talented and all play their part in the world we live in.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me why all dark skinned races get grouped together as one genetic group (blacks)?

If it is a genetic issue being discussed, then there are at least 3 'black' groups to consider.

Africans, South Asians and Polynesians (Including Australian Aboriginals).

Genetically speaking these three groups are very distinct.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have previously read in US studies that the 15 point IQ difference is due to the fact that the majority of black children grow up in single parent families.

Average IQ in the population is related to the number of parents, especially in early life, rather than race. More parents generally means more time spent with the child and more intellectual stimulation. The mammalian brain prewires for its future tasks very early in life.

See this:

The percentage of births to single women varies across race. In 1995, 20 percent of all births to Asian and Pacific Islanders were to single women, compared to 25 percent for white women; 41 percent for women of Hispanic origin; 57 percent for Native American, Eskimo, and Aleut women; and 70 percent for African-American families.

Read more: family.jrank.org...

I do know that the data above is for births to single women, which isn't the same a single parent families, but the differences are very similar. You can get the data from the US census.

[edit on 16/10/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beta.services
Can anyone explain to me why all dark skinned races get grouped together as one genetic group (blacks)?

If it is a genetic issue being discussed, then there are at least 3 'black' groups to consider.

Africans, South Asians and Polynesians (Including Australian Aboriginals).

Genetically speaking these three groups are very distinct.

A quick look at patents and Doctorates will show east Indians are quite intelligent. Not all of those Doctorates go to dark skinned east Indians but many of them do. In India , the Tamil islanders are regarded highly intelligent. These people who love the bell curve book do not want to look at what Tamil islanders , Jews, Rh- people have in common which gives them an edge. It is not skin color.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have read all of this thread and I think that this survey is another dumb stereotypical survey and that people are getting more worked up than they should be about these tests. First of all, I will present a completely different view. People take IQ tests too much of the time as an indication of intelligence. There are many kinds of intelligence (professorlamp.com...). You should research this subject. Here is a great slide showing the different types of intelligence to get you started: campus.houghton.edu...

Secondly, the IQ test only measures your intellect (www.learn-your-iq.com...). It doesn't measure the other parts about you. It doesn't tell you about your social skills and how you act in the real world. Thirdly, people who take IQ tests and do poorly at them may not be good test takers.

As for this race issue I think this is totally being blown out of proportion. I don't believe in race. I think it's a stupid measure of intelligence... and the people who have these kinds of smarts have nothing if they don't have the emotional intelligence to go with it. These kinds of tests are administered by people who have a racial agenda to divide people racially and we just accept that Asians are smarter than both Blacks and Whites... when it's stupid because we shouldn't attribute the acts of individuals and say that a certain group of individuals are smarter than others because of their race. It's their individual characteristics that make them that way. You'll find dumb black people, dumb white people, and dumb Asian people if you look hard enough.

Those are my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I know its forbidden by the PC-police to say it, but their are differences in types-of-intelligence based on race.

I must admit, i'm droolin over this one. I've never heard of that, how quaint. Links!!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

In general: White folks are the visionarys, the creators/innovators. The Orientals are great at maintaining technology, but not creating it. The Jews are great at finance. They are word artists and make the greatest diplomats and salespeople. The blacks are great at music, but are less academicly inclined.

Out of all the posts on this topic, this is the best!
You know why? I was waiting for someone to bring it up, lol.

Keep it up people, don't disappoint me

[edit on 16-10-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Not saying what this test says is true, but what if it was true so what?
What test is next? Fat people are lazy test? White people smell funny test? Mexican people have greasy hair test?
When does it stop? And why waste money on this kind of testing?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join