It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim black people less intelligent than whites in Channel 4 show

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Australian Aboriginal education standards are among the lowest in the world.

Most Aboriginals live in third world conditions.

For those that do attend regular schooling, their education is broken up to included native language and culture studies, as well as 'Bush Skills'.

Leaving less than half of their typical schooling devoted to a 'western style' formal education.

Not really the kind of skills needed to score highly on an IQ test.

Please don't use them as the benchmark for black intellectual standards.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Where is Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson when you need them both and why are

they not picketing channel 4 on behalf of the black race and their IQs. ^Y^

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Also I would like to add this is pointless research because we all know that humans are idiots. *Me too - at least I'm honest*

LOL muzzleflash! The truth cant be said more proper or organized! I feel and find this sceintist fidning is racist and biased. For a world thats supopsed to be global, people living closer, they sure do always find a wayt o make sure we stay apart, bunch of meathead scientists they are.
So, why is it always whites and blacks? You never hear anything about white scientists saying anyting about eskimos(probably becuase they know an eskimo would outdo them in any survival skills), or a mongolian...im sure ghanges khans warrior genes are in some of those mongoles...outdo any viking warrior anyday..
I feel its biased, becuase for how long, has the system put down african americans? Alot fo african americans resorted to becoming drug dealers, going on welfare, more or less, simply becuase they were rejected jobs* by white owners bosses and the like. It is out thier, working in retail like i do,,its what i call silent discrinimation, kinda like yuor too old for us to hire you excuse* so..they sell too medium to high class white guys, who cosnume the posion, and give the $$$ to the black guy.
Its not meant to be biased, its just the statistics..really, who's the superior races then; )

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this is ignorant but.. Maybe Australian Aboriginals are less intelligent that their "counterparts of other colors" because Aboriginals don't have the privilege of education and live in huts..?

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
And if it is true, should the truth be hidden or concealed for the sake of political correctness?

No it shouldn't. I for one (as a white person) completely agree that Asian students are incredibly smart. On average it would not surprise me if they were smarter than white people... and no, it does no bother me one bit.

Culturally, they are brought up with more mental discipline than whites so it could very well translate into their learning.

I also concede that generally speaking, most people of color are better athletes. They clean up in track and field at every Olympics! Yet in the pool, white people clean up, don't they!

They also put more soul and infectious rhythm into their music. They are also way better singers and dancers than white people. I have no problem with it. It's all cool with me.

So what if we have racial genetic predisposition! So what if we all have something a little bit different to offer the world. That's what makes humanity interesting! We should all relax and just do what we all do best!

IRM

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
In refernce to the articles title , it's a bit obvious that their intentions were to create controversy.
"Scientists claim Asians more intelligent than blacks and whites" probably wouldn't have created as much interest.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ItIsWhatItIs

So you think 'intelligence directly depends on race and it is because of the genetic makeup of certain peoples?

There's a multitude of other factors, such as: living conditions, wealth gap, poor education due to being poor, etc, that contribute to such disparities.

Then you have low income which usually leads to poor housing/environment which usually leads to poor education which usually leads to eating mal-nutritious foods. It goes on and on. From what I just said, in tandem with low occurrences of large social mobility, we have what we have today - a large discrepancy in "IQ test" scores.

You, my friend, should definitely research into what I have stated above. Based on the premise that we, the human species, are all homosapiens, one CANNOT conclude what you stated based on "race" alone.

Further, there is a big difference in being "intelligent" and being "educated". Although we as humans try to judge each other based off of "IQ tests", in class exams, etc, it seems we do not have a full understanding of what it means to be intelligent. I.e. Where do we draw the line between intelligent and unintelligent.

I hope that made sense. Quite tired.

ttyl

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
somebody has been watching to many "black face" movies.

Another form of propaganda, Charles Manson would love this thread and the degenerates that created this TV program. I'm not surprised ignorant people still think like this and try to form a hypothesis based on comparisons of cultures that are nothing alike (aborigines vs. East asians vs. Europeans). Since when are the europeans and their ancestors the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree?

To say that a human is smarter than an equal human based on IQ tests is .... hmmm i dont know how to say this ... i guess my black brain is too small to come up with a word to describe this.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Where is Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson when you need them both and why are

they not picketing channel 4 on behalf of the black race and their IQs. ^Y^

Because the show is airing in Great Britain... and Al and Jessie are both Americans. I'm not sure that many Brits know or care who they are, and their indignation would be about as effective as mine.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by TheIrvy
And if it is true, should the truth be hidden or concealed for the sake of political correctness?

No it shouldn't. I for one (as a white person) completely agree that Asian students are incredibly smart. On average it would not surprise me if they were smarter than white people... and no, it does no bother me one bit.

Culturally, they are brought up with more mental discipline than whites so it could very well translate into their learning.

It's actually that their culture values scholarship very highly.

We don't think much of scientists and doctors and teachers here. Sports stars earn a lot more money... I'm fairly certain that 90% of the folks here couldn't name the last two winners of the Nobel Prize for physics. Respect for elders is hammered in.

The only way to raise your social rank is to become educated.

Here... I find a contempt for scholarship, an unwillingness to put out the effort to learn many hard things (like becoming fluent in another language or studying calculus) or to apply them once they are learned. We do have kids that show those qualities, but society (and often their families) don't really appreciate it or support it emotionally.

So the science and math gap is widening and America is falling behind. Great Britain still has a more strict education system, and I don't think they're lagging as badly.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Depends on how you measure intelligence.

I have an IQ of at least 150, depending on which test you "ask."

If you were to measure the intelligence of a people based on how long-endured their philosophy of living is, then you might look to the ancient tribes of the world.

The people who inhabited the continent of "North America" long before it was ever labeled with this name endured for millennia. Perhaps there should be some measure of social and environmental intelligence within populations? A measure of their environmental impact and sustainability.

But I digress... I'm sounding too much like a certain man named Gore. Or the unnamed millions which once inhabited this land.

Intelligence is a subjective measurement. Often the criteria by which intelligence is measured are chosen to most closely match those deemed most important to those creating the test.

In any case, your IQ isn't everything. There are some things people just "know." And they're right, in spite of a lack of evidence.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by 30_seconds]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I would say there are a lot of smart black people. George Washington Carver is just one example of many. It all comes down to environment, influences, and education. Africans might have less brain power because most of them are lucky to get a meal a day. Nutrition plays a big part here. African Americans do not have a nutritional problem. Most of their problems lay with environment and influences.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

It's actually that their culture values scholarship very highly.

We don't think much of scientists and doctors and teachers here. Sports stars earn a lot more money... I'm fairly certain that 90% of the folks here couldn't name the last two winners of the Nobel Prize for physics. Respect for elders is hammered in.

The only way to raise your social rank is to become educated.

Here... I find a contempt for scholarship, an unwillingness to put out the effort to learn many hard things (like becoming fluent in another language or studying calculus) or to apply them once they are learned. We do have kids that show those qualities, but society (and often their families) don't really appreciate it or support it emotionally.

I completely agree. Those are MAJOR factors as well!

IRM

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe
I've been in gifted classes since I was 7, took the SAT's with a respectable score at 13, as well as advanced placement courses throughout HS. I'm also a member of several High IQ societies. May be these scientists need to tell me what race I truly am, because as far as I am aware, I'm black.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by atlscribe]

Human - there is no black or white race.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Unfortunately these scientists think they may be right, let me ask them this, how many black people are in positions of power or in highly paid jobs?
I can name at least ONE black person in a position of Power , everyones favourite President ( J/k) , not only that but at least Black people can dance and play sports better than us whities I'm afraid.
And besides I thought we were trying to get beyond slagging other 'colours' , obviously I was mistaken.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
What does it matter?

I'm an American and I have yet to find any pure bloods here. I myself have 6 different bloods. My children 8, so if they can claim one race is smarter than another how does this affect a mutt?

I'm an American mutt.

I'm in the same exact boat. Semitic, Lakota, Scots Irish, German, Creole and possibly more. So I guess we're superhuman, you know Heterosis or hybrid vigor

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs
You people are really, really dense

wow

The study isn't saying all black people are less intelligent. It's not saying black people will always be less intelligent. It's not saying black people were always less intelligent.

As of right now, no matter what the cause is, the average black is less intelligent.

It's a fact of today. In 10 years, who knows maybe blacks will rise in intelligence average.

Maybe it's genetic, maybe it's environmental, maybe it's magic. But it is what it is right now.

Right now, they are less intelligent on average. If you people can't understand that, then you are contributing to your race's low scores.

Quit arguing over nothing

wow

I made the point that you're denigrating here, but I feel that you actually missed the point as to why I was making it, which leads me to wonder who is actually "dense" here.

The reason I made that point is because, inevitably, the kind of proclamations made by this Professor will be used as pseudo-evidence to try and demonstrate that black individualswill be less intelligent than white people. Because that's what it always comes down to: individuals.

Yes, racists will generalise and talk about a race as a whole, but they do so by pinpointing stories about individuals to create a greater picture, in the same way that people tend to do when trying to amass evidence about anything.

So my point was, whilst the story wasn't saying all black people are less intelligent, it's the way these stories tend to get interpreted that's an issue and one I was trying to address in a pre-emptive manner.

"wow"

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The sustainability of a race is the important factor. The only way the black race is surviving is because of over breeding. Otherwise there are so many factors that would make the race extinct.

Looking at the subject from a scientific standpoint rather than a Western social standpoint makes more sense. Taxonomy is the practice and science of classification. Today many scientists study human genotypic and phenotypic variation using concepts such as "population" and "clinal gradation". The academic consensus is that, while racial categories may be marked by sets of common phenotypic or genotypic traits, the popular idea of "race" is a social construct without base in scientific fact.

Clinal gradiation shows Allele frequency and tendency toward genetics which in turn form behavior. Very simply, blacks, whites, asians, and native cultures are all different biologically and it's ok. A population or species of organisms typically includes multiple alleles at each locus among various individuals. Allelic variation at a locus is measurable as the number of alleles (polymorphism) present, or the proportion of heterozygotes (heterozygosity) in the population.

The Hardy–Weinberg principle states that both allele and genotype frequencies in a population remain constant—that is, they are in equilibrium—from generation to generation unless specific disturbing influences are introduced. Those disturbing influences include non-random mating, mutations, selection, limited population size, random genetic drift and gene flow. It is important to understand that outside the lab, one or more of these "disturbing influences" are always in effect. That is, Hardy Weinberg equilibrium is impossible in nature. Genetic equilibrium is an ideal state that provides a baseline to measure genetic change against.
Therefore it's impossible for all of us to be equal or the same. There are distinct races and distinct disadvantages.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Haplogroups can be used to define genetic populations and are often geographically orientated.
For example, the following are common divisions for mtDNA haplogroups:
African: L, L1, L2, L3, L3
Near Eastern: J, N
Southern European: J, K
General European: H, V
Northern European: T, U, X
Asian: A, B, C, D, E, F, G (note: M is composed of C, D, E, and G)
Native American: A, B, C, D, and sometimes X
en.wikipedia.org...:Map-of-human-migrations.jpg

Me, I'm X, migrated from Northern Europe with genes that mutated but still contain native tribel alelles and allow me greater health. I'm lucky.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Why is it that the moment racial issues arise critical thinking is immediately dispatched and emotional hysteria usurps the reins of discourse?

Scientists have claimed (and I dare say proven) that intellectual disparity among the races is due (in part or whole) to genetic factors.

If I were to demonstrate that there is disparity among the races with regard to a more benign subject, such as bone density or coarseness of body hair, most people can acknowledge that genetic factors influence our physical makeup. So why is it so difficult to accept that these factor also contribute to brain formation?

All personal sentiment aside, it is an objective fact that Blacks tend to have smaller brains than Whites, and their brains also tend to be composed of fewer neurons. Please have the courtesy and integrity to meet this discussion on its own merits, by discussing facts rather than personal desires. As much as one may wish that all races were equal in every way, no amount of wishful thinking can make it so.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join