It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Question, If Tupac was still alive, How much power would he have as a political leader?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Serious QUestion, because this is a theory that I've read on the internet.

I don't believe he is still alive, but I'm not going to rule out the possibility... because after all, it is a known fact that he had Masonic connections.

What he has said in the past, is that he wants to take the people down that are on top of him... possibly meaning todays cops, judges, politicians, and the system in general.

So, if a revolution does break out, and he emerges live and well... How much influence over the masses would he have?

Would he not be the greatest of all time revolutionary?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Don't get me wrong I like Tupac I think he is a great musician. Got an iPod full of his music.

When he was alive he barely got any of the money from his record sales. Shug Knight took advantage of him and ran the show.

Shug would give him keys to new cars (Tupac never owned any he just got to use them) and throw him 20k in cash to pacify him and let him live in a big house that Shug owned.

I don't know how great of a leader someone like that would make.

Regardless, if he were to just pop up alive and well he probably would gain a pretty huge following.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

The whole Suge Knight thing you just explained could of been fake... Like I said, Tupac had some good connections, and maybe Suge was his right hand man going along with the faked death... After all, if Suge didn't give Tupac the millions he deserved in front of the publics eyes... maybe they found a way to keep those earnings for after he faked his death...

Either way... if Tupac did fake his death... Suge would have to know about it, because he was in the car with him. (and Suge was from Las Vegas and he had several connections there)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
None over me. Not much I don't think over the majority. If I am going to follow the lead of a famous person I would rather it be Scarlett Johanson.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
are you kidding me??? how old are you? I'm 34 and let me tell you, there were many rappers that had WAY more to say than 2pac. want names?

Chuck D, he isnt dead
Paris, he was gangsta as hell even had an album cover where he was gonna kill Bush Sr
Willie D, Geto boys alum that had the single F--- Rodney King

Tupac was a good rapper and thats it. you want the real, listen to what Prof. Griff said before he got kicked out of PE in the late 80's.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
are you kidding me??? how old are you? I'm 34 and let me tell you, there were many rappers that had WAY more to say than 2pac. want names?

Chuck D, he isnt dead
Paris, he was gangsta as hell even had an album cover where he was gonna kill Bush Sr

Tupac was a good rapper and thats it. you want the real, listen to what Prof. Griff said before he got kicked out of PE in the late 80's.

I know all of the people you mention and they are all miles behind Pac. What Pac did for his people behind closed door is immeasurable. Pac had a plan and it was cut short once those realized what he was truly up to.

Chuck D, I dunno. Short of not going hard enough. Griff - went in too hard.

Had Pac been allowed to continue, he definitely would have become more of a force to recon with, change this country, the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Chuck D, he isnt dead

I would agree but Tupac had a much larger influence. Not just on the minorities but also on whites. He had alot more connections as well. He was an actor, rapper, writer and poet. Also had deep connections within the old black panthers. He made a huge effort helping people who were recovering from drug addiction. Lots of people behind him.

Either way it doesn't matter because if he came back he would be thrown right in jail for skipping on his $1.4 million bail out on appeal.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Chuck D, he isnt dead

I'm speaking in terms of Tupac coming back from dead.

Not being alive for the last 13 years in the public eyes... but really living up to the name Makaveli.

Him coming back.... after faking his death, How much power would he have?

Like what if started making youtube video's from his secret hiding place or some $hit urging the public to revolt.

Let's say power as a revolutionary... instead of a political leader.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The guy was a thug who could talk fast into a microphone, so he could have been President.

Okay seriously, the guy was a thug. He wasn't anyone special, what makes you think he could have been a politician.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
The guy was a thug who could talk fast into a microphone, so he could have been President.

Okay seriously, the guy was a thug. He wasn't anyone special, what makes you think he could have been a politician.

And Ronald Reagan was an actor in cowboy movies...

Being from the streets and seeing corruption first hand would be a good start.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Seeing corruption and being part of the corruption is what makes him a thug that the world is better off without.

crime.about.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't think he would have much influence. How could he be trusted by anyone if he were still alive...he would have taken part in a major conspiracy to fake his own death (possibly for profits...he has sold more albums posthumously than he did while alive).

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i am a fan of rap

i grew up with it

i grew up in the culture

im a fan of pac, im familiar with his music and his career

to be fully honest about it

if pac and big were alive, they would very possibly be nowhere near the status they are now

they wouldnt have half of the political power they could possess if "they came back from the dead"

much of the power and respect given to those 2 artists were directly related to their untimely deaths

1st of all, as talented as they were, it wouldve been very hard to stay creative fresh and keep the same caliber quality they had when they were alive and working

even if they were able to, they gained an unfathomable amount of recognition through their deaths, so without dying i dont think they would be as mainstream as they are today and since their deaths

i also dont think rap would be the mainstream garbage it is today for the most part

even though they may be classified as "gangster rap" to an extent, they are the ones who really helped bring rap to the mainstream world, they are the ones who made rap a mainstream entity

i truly believe if they were still alive things would obviously be very different

and i guarantee there wouldnt be rappers out there like lil boosie or whatever the hell his name is and the rest of them like him

nobody would be doing any supermaning or any of the other horrible rap atrocities that have been developed recently

if they were alive i think rap would be much better but still not as mainstream as it has become with their deaths

i can almost guarantee as good as jay z is, he wouldnt be where he is today if pac and big were here, hed still be bigs memphis bleek

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

he wasnt really a thug

he was a young educated man who put on that persona to sell records

he was a smart young man who was making a name for himself in film as a actor not just a musician

he was very multi faceted and to doubt his talent or intelligence would be a big mistake

also if you understand poetry on its technical level, youd understand his lyrics and songs were and are much much more then just talking fast

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Seeing corruption and being part of the corruption is what makes him a thug that the world is better off without.

crime.about.com...

so we'd basically be better off if we got rid of all the worlds politicians and executives is basically what youre trying to say here

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Though i think he may have influence, he wouldn’t be setting the agenda or "leading the people." Should the hypothetical happen, i think he would be just as important as every other soul involved in the movement.

Such revolutions cannot be achieved through hierarchy system. Everyone needs to be on the same wavelength and stand equal or else the structure would fail.

Though if 2pac was reading this... come back

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I imagine he'd have as much political power as any other rapper out there today.

You have to remember that in the main stream, Tupac wasn't bigger than life like he is today.

He's remembered because of his death, and all things he said or accomplished during his life are amplified 10 fold.

He wasnt influential back then...if he were still alive today, i'd wager a guess to say he wouldn't be influential today.

Perhaps through his music...yes...but as far as politics go...no way.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would say scrutiny would be amongst him, his thug life would do him well in the office but maybe not in politics, his mother was a black panther, which might give him some pull in some other circles.

new topics

top topics

join