It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen with Afghanistan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Do you think something big will happen in Afghanistan? The news has been slow the last couple of days, they are still trailing the swine flu campaign but they haven't gone gung ho about anything new. All I see is Michael Jackson's new song released. Obama added 10,000 troops to afghanistan, less than what the generals wanted, but a large gathering nonetheless. There is also the DOW increasing by 10,000, do you think it will continue to rise or fall? Are we really "out of the recession?" I'd just like some feedback from you guys.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

There are now disputed reports that the number is closer to 40, 45K troops.

But no confirmation from the White House.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We'll probably lose,Just like the Soviets did in the 1980s. We'll most likely have to leave soon. We'll probably be at war with Iran and North Korea in the not to distant future.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

There are now disputed reports that the number is closer to 40, 45K troops.

But no confirmation from the White House.

Yep. Obama says he's going to wait a few weeks until he announces anything. My guess is that he'll wait until:
1. We're in the middle of the holiday season, where everyone is too busy to notice
2. Something really bad happens and he finds justification for sending over more troops.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
Do you think something big will happen in Afghanistan? The news has been slow the last couple of days, they are still trailing the swine flu campaign but they haven't gone gung ho about anything new. All I see is Michael Jackson's new song released. Obama added 10,000 troops to afghanistan, less than what the generals wanted, but a large gathering nonetheless. There is also the DOW increasing by 10,000, do you think it will continue to rise or fall? Are we really "out of the recession?" I'd just like some feedback from you guys.

no your in a deep recession.

thats why your troops will be in afghanistan for years .. your c.i.a. and wall street need the 800 billion from suppling the world with 90% of its opium consumption.

your lucky the oil reserves were not as thought 200 billion barrels .. but only 10 to 20 billion low grade crude .. or in other words crude crude . i jest . .. had there of been reserves there as originally thought to rival the saudis you wudda been there decades.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by manxman2]

new topics

top topics

join