It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You "Trust" the ETs if They Reveal Themselves?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
so 90% of you, would basically judge them the first chance you get, and cast them aside and have nothing to do with them?
IF im mistaken, then please change your answer, but ALMOST ALL OF YOU said you wouldn't trust them and "be away" with them.
Even in 2009 ignroance amazes me. Im not saying give 100% trust to them, but most of you wouldn't even give them the time of day? Or even a moral respect?
It saddens me to see most of the people and even MORESO people on ATS are still fearful of something they dont know. Whatever there agenda is, good or bad. You would really never know til later. Why be negative, throw away a "friendship", and like someone else said the opportunity to LEARN from them.

We all ask why the aliens haven't revealed thsemvselves if they care about us so much, and are here to help. Well...ladies and gentlemen we got the answer.
Most of humanity would be, for a lack of a better word, d*cks towards them.

then we wonder why the world is in such bad shape lol

Damn straight...I expected better from ATS...but yet you are all still acting like ignorant humans scared of anything different, ready to wage war on anyone/anything that challanges your beliefs...grow up already...as kaskade said, it's obviously why they haven't revealed them selves yet...and if they did want to destroy us, and/or take over the world...it would have been done, a long, long, long, long, long time ago people...wake up...

EDIT: And as another person said...if they were bad...it would be futile to try and stop them...and being hostile towards them would only give them more reason to do whatever evil thing it is they are planning on doing...our only hope would be to try and develop a good relationship with them...

[edit on 16/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Whether they are to be trusted or not depends on how they appear, where they appear, in what they appear, what they look like, what they say, what they do, what I sense, what happened before that and many other factors.

I dont understand how people can say "Yes, I would trust them" or "No, I dont trust them" without having further information.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I do not think it is ignorance to want to find out if a visitor should be trusted or not and I actually assume the opposite is true. No one wants to wage warfare on ET as far as I can observe but no one wants to be fooled either. It seems to me unduly harsh of you to so quickly condemn when we have all had deceit and a relentless web of disinformation spoon fed to the world for so many decades.

With that in mind is it in actuality truly ignorant or a sign of fear to want to discover the deeper motivations behind an advanced and powerful race that brings them across the gulf between stars to say ‘we come in peace to bring about a new renaissance among mankind’?

Great words and if they come I expect such words but would they be true words or carefully chosen words, spoken with an intent to disarm us from our common sense?

Would you be happier perhaps if seven billion heads just nodded and accepted those words when spoken as fact before handing over the metaphorical house keys?

Slaves are made in such ways.

A Human interstellar civilisation might destroy something quickly if we encountered it on another world at our present state of intelligence and empathic awareness, but that is not to say all advanced and alien civilisations would follow that same stratagem in regard to conquest or ”first contact”.

Maybe it would better suit an extraterrestrial minds agenda to keep us docile and trusting, blinded by a leap of faith? You cannot know what drives an extraterrestrial mind anymore than I, so I think it not only wise but “awake” to remain armed with careful consideration of the facts if and when they present themselves to us.

To be willing to trust based on the premise of words, shows of super technology and awe inspiring levels of intelligence seems to me rather naive. Perhaps the people you are urging to wake up are in fact simply awake to the dangers that could appear from not being cautious?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I'm not saying we should blindly trust them, as the poster I quoted says...I'm merely saying, we shouldn't just instantly assume they are here to deceive us, and show them no consideration...I understand people have the right to be wary, as we have been screwed around a lot as a society...I'm just saying, we need to consider what they have to say...but cautiously...as I just edited into my last post:

And as another person said...if they were bad...it would be futile to try and stop them...and being hostile towards them would only give them more reason to do whatever evil thing it is they are planning on doing...our only hope would be to try and develop a good relationship with them...

EDIT: Basically, what I'm saying is, casting them aside, and giving them the cold shoulder, isn't going to do us any good, either way...

[edit on 16/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The people that populate our planet already do not get alnog with each other. If a "friendly" alien race appeared on earth "we" as humans would surely do something stupid to mess it up.

I feel that world governments (especially the military leaders) would try to quarantine them if possible and not let them interact with citizens. The aliens obviously would out "tech" us so not much we could do to control them anyway most likely.

As far as whether to believe them if they appear to want to "help us" or "be friendly neighbors" is a tough call. How to you believe what an "alien" is telling you if you no nothing about them? I can see it now....."we are peaceful, trust us, we are here to help". No way to know for sure, we do not have any reference or history on them.

Religion would be turned on its head world wide......

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I’m sorry I based my post purely (and probably poorly) on your last post and I may have unwittingly taken what you said out of context. Apologies if that is the case.

I fully agree with your point that it would do us a great disservice and a disservice also to an affirmative extraterrestrial species that took the time, effort and trouble to try and help us if we out-rightly assumed them to be filled with darker intentions.

As to your point to them turning out to be hostile then it may be futile to oppose them, but appeasement is a steel fist and we may have no choice but to oppose them even if it cost us dear. I say that because I imagine being enslaved by an extraterrestrial race would be like nothing we could dare imagine.

I go one step further and say extinction in the fight to stave of enslavement would be preferable because an interstellar race with a mindset to such a thing would make the denizens of mans worst hell seem tame.

When I think of an enslaving alien species I always think they would have the mindset of those that were represented in the British TV series "Invasion Earth"Low(ish) budget but horrific in presentation of a culture devoid of any compassion. They made the Borg of star trek fame look like pushovers.

We would be relegated to forever chasing our own tails as we strove to keep them from showing outright hostility even if they entertained the notion of appeasement of course. I think if appeasement was successfully implemented it would need to be used with intent to buy time so that at one point we could find ourselves in a position to thwart an evil intention.

The fault with that tactic lies with the fact that an ET race would be advantaged by a superior mind and if that mind was put to nefarious use, they would recognise the dangers of allowing themselves to be appeased.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
if someone as advanced as aliens would have to be, to come here in craft that can travel vast cosmic distances, i don't think you should p*ss them off. it's not like the russians invading our country. aliens are going to have weapons much more advanced than ours. they're not going to come to earth unprotected.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VergeofObscene
[
Sorry for double-posting, but those aliens are the most terrifying I have ever seen! I've seen some screwed up alien conceptual art, but this takes the cake in terms of fear factor...

To be honest, I think they look cool.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

ok...nice to see we are on the same page...you make some good points...I can still safely say though, we would have no chance...as you point out...but we still couldn't just roll over without a fight...as you also point out...I suppose we always have Will Smith to save us all...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I think, if there is no real evidence that they are hostile or deceptive than I would take the risk and throw my lot in with them, yes.

The alternative is too awful to contemplate.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Let me say this...this reminds me of being a child.
Your a kid, and your growing up, maybe a teenager. You think you can dis-obey your parents. You think you can "take over/show whos boss"...and what happens?
you get your a*s spanked, thrown in your room for a week, grounded, or all of the above.
THE MORAL OF MY STORY?

If they are here..in our planet...just THAT alone tells us they are more advanced then we will be for awhile. Lets say we're all a**holes to them...what other choice does the aliens have but to either;

1.just leave and NEVER come back or help us
2.if we attack...well lets just wipe these pathetic humans out, they really dont stand a chance..

From the movie contact, the defense general says THEY WANT US TO BUILD A MACHINE SO THEY CAN POUR IN AND KILL US!!!!!

the dr. (main actress) just laughs and says, it'll be like us going to Africa and stepping on some termites. We are nothing to them, were not even a concern or worry.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join