It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You "Trust" the ETs if They Reveal Themselves?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust them with anything in particular, just as I trust a stranger to not stab me to death. Of course if they come near me they would get a barrage of questions such as... do you know God exists, what is this life all about in the grand picture, is there a big picture, how long have you existed, how long have we existed, are there other perceivable dimensions, do you know love and fear e.c.t

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Maybe i would trust them maybe i wont, but i sure as hell wont trust them if they want disclosure through our government. That would be a big mistake on there part.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Aren't they supposed to look just like humans?

Some do:

If they come peace, I would gladly be on their side and join them.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not to be rude, but that is kind of a dumb question. When a bum approaches you you dont automatically trust him or her. when a mew neighbour does, you still dong either. THese ET's, like people, have to earn trust. only a fool gives that away. But if its of any console, I would trust all three parties more than I do the governments.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Not right away, not without communicating with them in some way. Then if while communicating, they went through great lengths to make sure I felt no fear, but at the same time was making me feel peaceful while letting me ask questions and take things in at my own pace. On the polar end of the spectrum, if they have a condescending tone or a superior sort of tone or in a sense trying to control my emotions through overwhelming me or through fear. Take for example the aliens from District 9, they were friendly and weren't trying to do anything. Now take a look at the alien from The Faculty those are, 2 distinct differences and they chick looked just like human, but wasn't and The DIstrict 9 ones were more human INSIDE.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They have done nothing so far to earn anyone's trust. Even the ones which claim to be benevolent are suspect: there are a thousand questions they need to answer, the first of which (in my mind) is why, if you are so benevolent, have you not helped an injured species? Their claims of benevolence seems to be a lie. If I saw a person sick, laying on the street, starving, etc. I would try to help them with whatever was in my power. Does the lofty alien philosophy preclude such help to those in need? If the answer from the so-called "Benevolents" is that there is some galactic law preventing them from intervening to help us with basic needs (e.g. medical cures, more efficient ways of growing food, etc.), then why have you contacted a select few and dangled the carrot before us? What is the point? And why do you not prove yourselves to be benevolent by rendering such aid? If you cannot, or choose not to, provide aid which we would call "humanitarian" then WTF are you here for? To watch us struggle and suffer?

Or, maybe they're going to claim that we need to "grow" spiritually before they can show themselves en masse or that we must ascend to a higher consciousness or blah, blah, blah...I say BS...they aren't as advanced spiritually as they claim, otherwise, they would have a problem watching humanity suffer through war, poverty and disease for as long as we have...

So, when they show up, before accepting them, they have a lot of explaining to do...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

And what have them come down here and hold our hand for us while they are at it? They talk to a few so we take care of it ourselves and so we know we aren't alone. The fact of the matter is if we did take care of it ourselves we would be better for it. Again if all our resources that was spent fighting each other went to all those things you just listed off, that would be a good way of doing it ourselves; then they might have a reason to show up if we are trying and still can't do it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
All I know is that when this question arises I think about the Twilight Zone episode. "To serve Man" Turned out to be a cook book. Trust is earned

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Alethea

I dont post a lot when it comes to ET's etc as I believe they are not what people think they are.

I haven't read much on UFO and aliens. Can you please explain what "most people think ETs are"? (I'm kind of in the dark about the general consensus.)

Humanoid creatures from another planet.

Thats the general idea that comes across to me on the boards when I read them. Not all people of course.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I will exercise extreme caution as a starting point..... they are going to have to convince me that they are the good guys.... all to many things called abductions....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
after reading information on the following contactees:
- Billy Meier - Plaidians
- Alex Collier - Andromedien
- George Kavassilas - Sirian
- Riley Martin - Grays
- Ashayana Deane - interdimensional light beings
- Al Beilek - Reptilian in underground Military

I have come across some information on how to protect oneself using different color lights, feeling your upper self (intuitively) to determine whether the being is benevolent or otherwise.

During my attempt in Astral projection I have come across negative entity, the best thing to do is send them to light. Negative or positive they all have a reason for being here.

My advise: be very cautious, the most angelic beings may turn out to be the most damaging to you, locking your energy at a lower vibration and not allowing you to move higher up. This could trap you forever or a very long time (millions of years more).

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Nope. Not at all. Most ETs have their own agenda, so cynicism is healthy.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Some do:

If they come peace, I would gladly be on their side and join them.

Sorry for double-posting, but those aliens are the most terrifying I have ever seen! I've seen some screwed up alien conceptual art, but this takes the cake in terms of fear factor...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hell no! we will throw rocks at them and grunt! just like we do to anything/ anyone thats different to us!..

Or am i beiny too cynical towards the human race...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'm laughing my head off at all the "trust is earned" comments. Has anyone ever stopped to think about that statement? If trust was really earned nobody would have any. Wouldn't it be better to say "trust is given." You may give someone your trust, but I may not. Why didn't the person get my trust? He/she didn't get it, because I haven't given it.

It is safe to say that if ET's ever came, there would be people willing to trust with a watchful eye at the very least. Certainly people will not give them power of our governments and any ET that wants to control us in any way would be questionable anyway. The mere appearance of an ET though would automatically get some trust from me providing there are no hostile actions. I've seen enough hostile actions from humans.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
There is no such thing as ET's what people claim to be ets are merely demons, creation of god manifesting themselves to suit what is appropriate at the time.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ah, another "Wondering about the aliens" thread. I love them.

Suppose ET's reveal themselves, either personally or through messages by others.

Question, what others?

Yes, if we're closely genetically related, no - in theory - if we're not.

Humans and Chimpanzees are 96% the same genetically.

We're about 90% the same genetically as lab mice, although we have about the same amount of genes (30 000) and share 99% of them. Our common ancestor (Eomaia scansoria) lived about 6 million years ago, although we may have separated from each other on a later date.

We have even less in common genetically with a shrimp, but even there we can track a common ancestor back millions and millions of years.

A species that have evolved on another planet may not even be carbon-based (which all life on earth is), may not even have DNA (which all life on Earth have), and if the conditions on their planet does not resemble that of Earth exactly - in terms of planet size, chemical composition, distance to sun and orbit around it, lunar size and orbit around the planet, etc, they would of course evolve differently to adapt to their environment. Let me give you an example. If you took away our moon - which acts as a meteorologic stabilizer, this planet would be ravaged by super-storms that would kill a large percentage of all life. So imagine a planet without a moon, or with two or three moons - it would change everything.

If they do look like us, walking upright on two legs, with two arms, abdomen, torso and head, I would consider it impossible to be a coincidence. It would either mean that we have evolved almost exactly the same (and find ourselves in exactly the same phase of evolution), and the mathematical chances for that are slimmer than that you will have sex with Christina Aguilera tonight.

Or, it could mean that their genetic evolution and ours are somehow controlled by mutual factors, somehow, and that we - as the Book of Genesis says - were created in the image of God - metaphorically speaking.

How would you know an ET is really an ET?

I'll pass.

If they appear to have a message of peace, would you believe they are sincere?

Do you think the ETs will truly be "benevolent"....or would this be yet another hoax?

Could they appear to promote peace from an intellectual standpoint and still have ulterior motives toward the human race?

Do you think revealing ET's will ultimately be a saving grace for humanity or a trick that will finalize the downfall of humans?

I batched these questions together because they go after the same thing, what will the aliens do to us?

I would personally invest myself entirely in their supposedly superior knowledge and try - if possible - to learn from them.

I see no whatsoever possibility of resisting them, and no reason to do so.

Consider this. If we are visited by an extra-terrestial species that master interstellar travel, it probably means (I'm speculating here) that they've gone from a Type 1 civilization to a Type II civilization.

Type I – this civilization harnesses the energy output of an entire planet.

Type II – this civilization harnesses the energy output of a star, and generates about 10 billion times the energy output of a Type I civilization.

Type III – this civilization harnesses the energy output of a galaxy, or about 10 billion time the energy output of a Type II civilization.

A Type I civilization would be able to manipulate truly planetary energies. They could, for example, control or modify their weather. They would have the power to manipulate planetary phenomena, such as hurricanes, which can release the energy of hundreds of hydrogen bombs. Volcanoes and earthquakes can be controlled by such a civilization.

A Type II civilization is capable of igniting stars and has colonized or invested a part of the near-by stars in the galaxy. A Type II civilization will be able to manipulate the power of solar flares.

A Type III civilization have invested the galaxy they live in, they manipulate energy from hundreds of billions of stars.

By contrast, we are a Type 0 civilization, which extracts its energy from dead plants (oil and coal). Growing at the average rate of about 3% per year, however, we calculate that our own civilization may attain Type I status in about 100-200 years, Type II status in a few thousand years, and Type III status in about 100,000 to a million years. These time scales are insignificant when compared with the universe itself.

So there you have it. If a Type II civilization wanted to kick our ass and take over our planet, they could do so without any whatsoever problem. They could launch super-storms all over our planet and keep them going for thousands of years, they could set off earthquakes and volcanic eruptions at will. They could launch solar storms that would knock out all our electronic equipment, and they could certainly neutralize us in many different ways that we cannot even imagine since their science is so much more evolved than ours. For instance, they could probably instantly teleport us to a place where we can do no harm.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
But why would they? I count on the fact that they are highly evolved, and have a wider and better understanding of the Universe than us. From a cosmic perspective, they're of age, and we're not. Whatever that they have in mind for us could be conceived as harmful by us, but be good for us in a way that we don't understand.
I had to bring my cat to the vet, because of an eye infection. As usual, he put up a fierce fight, it took me half an hour to get him into the cat box,
Then, of course he attacked the vet, almost tore his left hand off, and clawed his biceps in a way his wife never did, before we got him sedated.
He got treated and now he's getting better, but every time he looks at me I see his resentment for this 'abduction' (with missing time experience).

What was that old American saying that America has since forgotten?
"If you can't fight them, join them"!

Would you question their track record?

I'll pass

Would you ask why, if they have been around all this time, that they never presented themselves to help achieve peace before?

Do you assume that all the testimony left behind by our ancestors of 'Gods and beings' descending from heaven - practically all early civilizations, such as the Sumerian, Egyptian, Hebrew, Mayan cultures have this type of lore - is but mythology and fairytales? Because if not, that means they already have presented themselves to us, but for some reason avoid us in the present. They probably have a good reason for it, which will reveal itself in time. Be patient...

Suppose they have already infiltrated among us and come forth arising with "all the answers" we need to solve the problems of the planet?

Suppose they say they were not allowed to interfere with "our growth" due to galactic laws, but now that we face impending doom...they must.

Suppose they lay out their ideas of how we can create an earthly Utopia?

Will you be listening? Will you buy it?

Yes, I'm buying! Tell me where to send the money.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Suppose ET's reveal themselves, either personally or through messages by others.Aren't they supposed to look just like humans?
How would you know an ET is really an ET?

I would hazard a guess and suppose that a difference in an extraterrestrial that looked strikingly human would be buried within their DNA? There would have to be something “exotic” there that could be used as a marker to differentiate an indigenous earth bound human from an alien that looked the same as us. I would also imagine that their health would be much better than ours due to many factors involving diet and their advanced levels of medical sciences and technologies and the energies that drive their technologies.

If they appear to have a message of peace, would you believe they are sincere?

I would certainly listen to what they proposed and the manner in which they gave this message would be a key to this. I would be highly attuned to their body language and as the eyes are the window to the soul, I would be watching for micro changes in facial expressions – something I am good at detecting.

Would you question their track record?

I would ask them to provide a list of their track record as I am completely at this time oblivious to it. There is much conjecture, myth, legends that have come from the mouths of others and from so called whistleblowers. So much data with nothing that could be proven to be fact.

We have been kept separated from the truth sadly, therefore I hope ET bring many records of their hidden achievements to the diplomatic table.

Would you ask why, if they have been around all this time, that they never presented themselves to help achieve peace before?

This would be one of the first questions I would ask and I would be very sensitive to the answer because from the way they answered would hinge the level of trust I would from that point be able to give them. I would love to trust them from the outset but I have a problem trusting my own species so it is not harsh or terrible that I would feel suspicious of their words of peace.

Do you think the ETs will truly be "benevolent"....or would this be yet another hoax?

I would be a fool to simply take their word for it even if they arrived in a blaze of white light and flowing robes with smiles and pretty words. By way of habit I tend to look beyond pretty packaging and I could make no exception for them even if I wanted to.

Could they appear to promote peace from an intellectual standpoint and still have ulterior motives toward the human race?

Of course as I for one have been trained well by human politicians to look beyond pretty words and rhetoric. I have learned that behind a politician is a sea of half truths, embellishments and outright lies so an ET would be wise not to follow the same method and hope to influence my better judgment via smiles and kind eyes. I would be very suspicious of such a manner of opening dialogue.

To my mind they had better be well prepared and armed with a wealth of eace born knowledge because the bar is set very high for an arrival of ET that wishes to promote peace and harmony. If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Do you think revealing ET's will ultimately be a saving grace for humanity or a trick that will finalize the downfall of humans?

I “hope” that if ET does reveal themselves that they will be a positive force for the spiritual enlightenment of humans because at the end of the day we have nothing to lose as we are already teetering on the edge of the abyss. If they arrive as a positive force for the betterment of us all and we still manage to slip into the abyss and experience a downfall of our species than grimly I suppose we might just deserve that fate.

Suppose they have already infiltrated among us and come forth arising with "all the answers" we need to solve the problems of the planet?

I will listen without prejudging them for hiding for so long as my people burned and suffered. If I was in their shoes I would have hidden from sight too as us humans are not exactly open to accept those from different ethnicities let alone different star systems/multi-verses, our intolerance is something that will need to be discarded through education and quickly.

If ET proves that they all the answers to solve the problems of this world and those answers do not involve a massive cull of my species then they would have proved themselves worthy of trust in my eyes and they would have my loyal friendship to the end of my days.

Suppose they say they were not allowed to interfere with "our growth" due to galactic laws, but now that we face impending doom...they must.

I would be disappointed if that was the case but in saying that, I could understand and move on from that because I can see that if I was from a race or federation of peoples that was worried about a young and aggressive race hoping to live in among my friends I would be concerned and rightly so.

If there is a galactic law then we are probably akin to North Korea and it would stand to reason that we had to be treated delicately for our own good and also theirs because a galactic federation although not wishing to obliterate us could be left with no choice if all due diligence was not taken in initiating full and open dialogue with us.

Suppose they lay out their ideas of how we can create an earthly Utopia?
Will you be listening? Will you buy it?

I will listen but one person’s vision of a utopia may not be another’s vision. However even another person’s vision of utopia would probably be much better than the hell that this world is creating for itself right now so I might just buy into it. If I could trust them to be positive looking to help us and there would have to be a compromise from both sides of the debate in that regard I will be happy.

I imagine ET to be wise and highly knowledgeable. I hope to be proved correct that they are aso positive.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
so 90% of you, would basically judge them the first chance you get, and cast them aside and have nothing to do with them?
IF im mistaken, then please change your answer, but ALMOST ALL OF YOU said you wouldn't trust them and "be away" with them.
Even in 2009 ignroance amazes me. Im not saying give 100% trust to them, but most of you wouldn't even give them the time of day? Or even a moral respect?
It saddens me to see most of the people and even MORESO people on ATS are still fearful of something they dont know. Whatever there agenda is, good or bad. You would really never know til later. Why be negative, throw away a "friendship", and like someone else said the opportunity to LEARN from them.

We all ask why the aliens haven't revealed thsemvselves if they care about us so much, and are here to help. Well...ladies and gentlemen we got the answer.
Most of humanity would be, for a lack of a better word, d*cks towards them.

then we wonder why the world is in such bad shape lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join