It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You "Trust" the ETs if They Reveal Themselves?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Suppose ET's reveal themselves, either personally or through messages by others.

Aren't they supposed to look just like humans?

How would you know an ET is really an ET?

If they appear to have a message of peace, would you believe they are sincere?

Would you question their track record?

Would you ask why, if they have been around all this time, that they never presented themselves to help achieve peace before?

Do you think the ETs will truly be "benevolent"....or would this be yet another hoax?

Could they appear to promote peace from an intellectual standpoint and still have ulterior motives toward the human race?

Do you think revealing ET's will ultimately be a saving grace for humanity or a trick that will finalize the downfall of humans?

Edited to add:

Suppose they have already infiltrated among us and come forth arising with "all the answers" we need to solve the problems of the planet?

Suppose they say they were not allowed to interfere with "our growth" due to galactic laws, but now that we face impending doom...they must.

Suppose they lay out their ideas of how we can create an earthly Utopia?

Will you be listening? Will you buy it?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I dont post a lot when it comes to ET's etc as I believe they are not what people think they are.

Anyways, I think that human beings have instinct for a reason.

Safe to say, I trust my instincts and I would have nothing to do with them regardless of their messages, the way they look or their supposed motives.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

do you need to trust them? at the very least, we could coexist peacefully...if they're smarter for whatever reason, which is almost certain, we stand to learn valuable knowledge from them.

wouldn't you agree?

so, I guess I'll hold off on shooting one of their smallish non threatening probes if I ever see them

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The answer is 'no'. I'm human

If they have been studying us for some time then they would know that we are quite a suspicious and questioning species. Its how and why we've evolved.
What's that noise? is that good to eat? will that thing attack? what happens when I shove my finger in that socket?

I don't trust fellow humans, except to be humans. Alien beings showing up and saying they're friendly will not make me alter my trust. Trust is earned.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sure I will --
I've heard they even have a book called "To Serve Man"

***For you youngsters who don't know what I'm referring to, google 'To Serve Man'

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I follow XXXn3 I think,.....
Instincs....."needs a better word'?
I tend to think along the lines of animals, although I don't know how to explain why ie........

Dog#1 -----"KNOWS" Scences? from 100 plus yards away, almost without eye contact, and picks up ...."something"...chemical/telepathic message of "Danger"

Dog#2 ----- Same story,....not sure if its...regardless of vocals, but we all communicate in some way.?.?

Anyways they "just know" from that distance, without ever meeting before, if they are going to "fight" so to say...

But to be a lil more ontopic, my opinion has to be one of "presentation"
I guess I'll just wait till I cross paths with one..

They would either have to be more advanced than our current state..
Or
Something from earth that has "in some lost part of our history" had different knowledge and now live ie...deep in the sea, and are coming out every 1000 years to check the crops.....?
Nice topic
s+f end of babble

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Trust is something that is earned over time so I would not be handing around my trust so readily.

I'm sure the effect of ET's revealing themselves would be a powerful one and I'm sure there are many sheeple out there that will hand over their trust and will to them in a second. Like they already do to religion and pop star politicians.

These are the same people that could very well sell the rug out from beneath humanities feet to serve the interests of a malevolent occupier or false prophet.

IRM

[edit on 15/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Well I saw a plejadian once here on the ATS. I think he were sincere, because he was so out there

If somebody comes to tell me that he's an alien - and even if he would look like a gray lizard - I'd tell him to go bother someone else.

-v

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Bring me a faster computer, my own space ship, and a beautiful alien woman... I miiight believe them....

Seriously- if there's a reason to trust them, then they should talk little, and do a lot.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am fairly shocked at the responses on the site regarding first contact - I always assume people would share my response - which would be curious courtesy.

I have no reason to distrust, or to trust - I would be interested to talk and find out as much as possible - small steps create a relationship - so especially with an ET.

There is of course a real chance that any ET is actually a genetically modified human created and schooled by TPTB - so I would like to check DNA and things like that - and would trust it only if it was a personal experience - TV is not going to make me believe anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is a good subject because we live in a time when the global-think is just about where one might expect such a revealing.

So, the question reduced to its most basic would be... if something appearing as, and claiming to be ET were to land in Central Park or the Whitehouse Lawn... or next to the Eiffel Tower, would you - first of all - believe it was ET and not some Earth-based BS routine?

Secondly, if you found yourself convinced that it was the genuine article, how much would you suspend your ability to reason for yourself while following whatever information/directive coming from it?

Does humanity surrender itself as a second class, barbarian race or does it offer a welcome that does not include the kneeling?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There's one way to prove if they're human or not.. and that's to jack a spaceship, and rip it apart. Pull it down to the individual components, shove it all thru an electron microscope, a spectroscope, and a few level headed geniuses who aren't in someone's pockets. I don't mean the Govt. I mean US, the people.

Here's the short form out how it SHOULD happen if a bunch of normal people managed this:

No outrage from ET. Concern? Sure. Outrage? Hardly.

Components are ALWAYS marked. Motherboards, electronics, even processors ALL have a signature, or a picture hidden in the designs. Motherboards have pertinent info on them. Chips... *rummages around Google for a minute* Bah. I cant find what I'm looking for. Chip manufacturers put a signature on the actual silicon... some custom made stuff has pictures, phrases, ect- all written on the chip, but away from where it'd affect how the thing operates. It's just down to vanity- if someone can find any sort of human 'stuff' in the alien tech, then we'd know what the ETs really are.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Alethea

I dont post a lot when it comes to ET's etc as I believe they are not what people think they are.

I haven't read much on UFO and aliens. Can you please explain what "most people think ETs are"? (I'm kind of in the dark about the general consensus.)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

I have no reason to distrust, or to trust - I would be interested to talk and find out as much as possible - small steps create a relationship - so especially with an ET.

Agreed x 10. I would love to read histories about the cultures of alien worlds.

Originally posted by Amagnon
There is of course a real chance that any ET is actually a genetically modified human created and schooled by TPTB - so I would like to check DNA and things like that - and would trust it only if it was a personal experience - TV is not going to make me believe anything.

If we discovered aliens that had a relationship with our government -- there's no way I would trust them. There is a cancer running roughshod in the US government and in other world government's right now. The corruption is threatening to overwhelm us all.

So, government contacts would go a long way to portraying any alien race in a negative light.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

for such an advanced alien race, i think we have little choice. what...are you going to try and outrun them in your own spaceship??
if they have the advanced power system to travel in space, they certainly have the power of life or death over us humans.
i believe it would be better to get real smart real quick in the diciplines of humility and persuasion, rather than weapons and war.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by Alethea

do you need to trust them? at the very least, we could coexist peacefully...if they're smarter for whatever reason, which is almost certain, we stand to learn valuable knowledge from them.

wouldn't you agree?

so, I guess I'll hold off on shooting one of their smallish non threatening probes if I ever see them

I disagree.

We can't even coexist as the one single human race. We also can't coexist with the wildlife or the environment.

We're like a virus, madly reproducing or replicating more of ourselves, all so we can suckle like parasites at the teat of the Earth itself, until all that is left is a broken husk that once harbored intelligent life long long ago, like Mars might be.

Someday this rock will be as barren as it started, and until then, any life from anywhere else would be wise to avoid us entirely.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sincere?

If they were so sincere, they should have been visible ages ago. Why so secretive then jump out all of a sudden? I trust them as much as I trust the secretive government. They probably just finished their evil schemes.

Or they're just hungry for human flesh.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
...Someday this rock will be as barren as it started, and until then, any life from anywhere else would be wise to avoid us entirely...

Would aliens definitely be more enlightened than us? I don't think that is necessarily true.

It's possible that an alien race achieved interstellar travel because they had better access to abundant raw materials that kept their technology moving forward -- moving them into space before they got a chance to possibly destroy their home world through ignorance and/or war.

Perhaps the necessity of space travel was spurred on by their need to find more planets' whose raw materials they could rape from them.

They could still be as "unenlightened" -- and perhaps even nastier and more parasitic -- as humans.

To assume that humans are some sort of "bad seed" in the universe that other races have vowed to ignore is a bit egocentric. It's more likely that we are very average.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Obviously, the universe will have good and bad aliens. The bad aliens want Earth and us and the good aliens probably have some kind of non-intervention policy so they can only observe and intervene at the last moment. We have to learn and evolve ourselves. Once that happens and we defeat the dark ones, then can we join our space brothers and sisters in peace. Can't wait for that day.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Suppose ET's reveal themselves, either personally or through messages by others.

Aren't they supposed to look just like humans? Not sure

How would you know an ET is really an ET? Its electro magnetic field it gives off ORA

If they appear to have a message of peace, would you believe they are sincere? Would give them the benifit of the doubt

Would you question their track record? YES

Would you ask why, if they have been around all this time, that they never presented themselves to help achieve peace before? No

Do you think the ETs will truly be "benevolent"....or would this be yet another hoax? not sure

Could they appear to promote peace from an intellectual standpoint and still have ulterior motives toward the human race? YES

Do you think revealing ET's will ultimately be a saving grace for humanity or a trick that will finalize the downfall of humans? BOTH depends who or what your soul contains

Edited to add:

Suppose they have already infiltrated among us and come forth arising with "all the answers" we need to solve the problems of the planet? Would thank them

Suppose they say they were not allowed to interfere with "our growth" due to galactic laws, but now that we face impending doom...they must. WIll ask who made these galactic laws and what doom do the speak of, STAR ACTIVITY?

Suppose they lay out their ideas of how we can create an earthly Utopia?

Will you be listening? Yes I will listen
Will you buy it? Not immediately

I would first ask them what is CHRIST TO THEM and what is lucifer to them, for they may be a part of the fallen 1/3 THAT WENT WITH LUCIFER or they may be WATCHERS MENTIONED BY ENOCH THAT DIDNT GET CASTED TO THE BOTTOMLESS PIT FOR SLEEPING WITH EARTH WOMEN.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Alethea]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join