It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortress Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is a very funny and witty article, where the author claims that the recent 'bombing' of the Moon by Nasa, was actually an attempt by NASA to quell a revolution. He claims that NASA-Military have been building bases up on the Moon for the past 40 years, AREA 52, and that they have 'gone rogue' and revolted against their American overlords back on Earth.

The Author argues that this incident is these people's 1776 and that the bombing was a warning to them from Earth. Its a very tounge in cheek article, which also touches on serious issues such as the real military nature of NASA.

Could this story be anywhere near the actual truth of the reason for the bombing? Or was it what they claimed it was for, detection of water?

www.counterpunch.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
hehe everything is possible, but this theory is very unlikely. I believe there are military bases on the moon, since the 60s, but I don't think the missile was a warning for those that do not obey the orders from terrestrial officers. If they declared their independence they will have a food and fresh oxygen shortage within weeks, without regular supplies from earth they would just die.
I believe NASA said the truth about the missions purpose, for once I actually believe them, they still lie about a lot of other things.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Fair enough your most likely right. Nasa probabley were telling the truth, and there are enough Scientists around the Earth who would have been observing this event to claim otherwise.

Though on another one of your points, if there has been bases up on the Moon for many years you would think they would have found a way to independently create Oxygen, Food, Water. Mabye not through the help of the Government on Earth as they may have foreseen this as a way for these Extra Terrestial Earthlings( Didn'y know what else to call them) to become independent, but in secret preparing for the day they break away?!

I can't believe i am even hypothesizing in such a way, i sound like a nutjob

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Heh Actually it would make sense for them to have independent and self sustaining facilities on the moon, with free energy machines (unlimied access to energy), greenhouses (Food and oxygen), and some other cutting edge technology. Hm the more I think about it, the more it could be a realistic possibility, bu then againI also sound like a nutjob

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If you want to attack a rogue military company, you do not announce it months in advance. There is a good chance that they will prepare countermeasures.

And if the US has the technology to station troops on the moon, then why would they need something comparable to a slingshot to attack them?

As for the reasons for the moon bombing? Perhaps to prove that there is solid bedrock at the bottom of the craters?
This wasn't the first time we crashed stuff into the moon. The Apollo missions did this with the lunar modules to create artificial earthquakes. The result then was that the moon resonated like a bell for some hours afterwards. I am wondering what happened this time.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

In space no one can hear your rocket go "doink!" Or see it either, apparently.

If a little lander can make an moonquake, how come a bus sized object (or two) exceeding the speed limit by a few 1000% not do anything but give off a whiff of sulphur. Something stinks here! Sorry about the pun.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As long as I don't get drafted to go there. I don't want those Greys jumping on my face. Besides, I don't like their poor manners. They stare too much.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

I agree. If the object of the mission was to create a moonquake, then slamming the thing into solid rock should do the trick. I was wondering if NASA would have gotten the cash for the mission if they would have said beforehand that they wanted to 'ring the bell' again. Especially if they wanted to do this to find out if it's caverns or a complete lack of interior that caused the effect earlier. Knowing that would be a large step for the planning of a base or prolonged mission to the moon.

new topics

top topics

join