It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The number 37

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trappestine
Wow, OP. When I read this thread title and your post, my heart jumped to my throat - I've been experiencing this phenomena too, specifically with the number 37, since 2003 as well. I'm shocked and amazed that other people have experienced this too. For the longest time, I thought I was the only person. Most other people see 23 or 11:11, but for me it's always 37. I see it on average 5 times per day, but recently it's been on a sharp decline - 3 times per day at the absolute most.

I see it in everything. Receipts, times on the clock, I even saw it in my serial number on my laptop (TWICE! it has 3737 in it, haha). Occasionally I'll even catch glimpses of it when I do damage in World of Warcraft.
Usually the 37 comes in the form of 137 or 337 if not just on its own. One time I was even explaining this to a friend of mine - I was in his bedroom at the time, sitting in his computer chair while he was on his bed. Behind him on the wall is a collection of pesticide signs he'd taken from lawns (weird collection, I know) and each one has a specific number printed on it. Lo and behold, once I was done telling him about the 37 phenomenon, I looked over his shoulder and there it was on one of his pesticide slips.

I'll admit I haven't read any of the posts in this thread yet (trust me, I will) but I have a theory. I don't think it's anything paranormal, I think it's just psychological magnetism. I believe that people of certain personality types are drawn to certain types of recurring numbers. That is to say, the numbers occur just as frequently as any other number, but due to our psyche, we pick up on the appearance of those certain numbers. For example, I think that "dreamy" or "wishful” thinkers are drawn towards 11:11 because of its "make a wish" connotation. I'm not sure who would be drawn to 23 or 37, but I think everyone who experiences the same number repetitions may be very similar personalitywise.

I deffinitely agree that it may have something to do with like personalities. Seems like a deffinite posibility. And yeah, I've had the same experiences explaining it to someone and then there's the number. LOL I'm like, "You see???" Cracks me up. No 11:11's or 23's (appologues to Jim carrey and Joel Schumaker) for me, either. Just 37. Always 37. I used to take screenshots of my desktop whenever I saw the number on something. I stopped after around 300 in a 2 month period. I felt I was becoming a little too consumed, so I tried to ignore it. LOL Hasn't worked too well. I still see it everywhere.

But you're deffinitely not alone. I've recieved a few U2U's about the phenomenon, as well.
i'll start to worry when "The Cult of 37" shows up. LOL I kid, I kid.

~G

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
Please do not multiply Number 37 with 18.

18 = 6 + 6 + 6

Yikes, that's disconcerting. LOL

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaudeamus

You and me have something in common.My favoriet number is 37.It has been for 25 years.I choose the number after it kept appearing all the time in different situations over a period of five years.The number still comes up even now in strange places.You should check out thirty seventh heaven.Its a web site about the number 37.To actually meet someone intreasted in my number 37 is very rare indeed.We may have other things in common too.Sounds like retro-telepathy working again.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just had another funky one today:
I was in a class of mine (Statistical Methods of Psychology) and the prof was talking about a particular task in which participants had to rank a series of numbers as "desirable" or "undesirable" -- can you guess which number ranked as the least desirable?

Apparently it's because it's a prime number with two odd digits - something about that has a low inherent aesthetic value.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I was in a class of mine (Statistical Methods of Psychology) and the prof was talking about a particular task in which participants had to rank a series of numbers as "desirable" or "undesirable" -- can you guess which number ranked as the least desirable?

Apparently it's because it's a prime number with two odd digits - something about that has a low inherent aesthetic value.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM

You and me have something in common.My favoriet number is 37.It has been for 25 years.I choose the number after it kept appearing all the time in different situations over a period of five years.The number still comes up even now in strange places.You should check out thirty seventh heaven.Its a web site about the number 37.To actually meet someone intreasted in my number 37 is very rare indeed.We may have other things in common too.Sounds like retro-telepathy working again.

This is exactly the type of post I'm looking for. U2U me sometime, I'd like to hear some of the details of your experiences with the number, sometime.

I've seen the website. In fact I think I put the link in the post. I've always thought it odd that there's no fiftyeight.com or twentyone.net or something. If it is indeed that I've just programmed myself to see this number, then why have other people too? And why not some other seemingly random number. There has to be more occurences like the 37 phenomenon, but I just haven't found any yet, other than 11:11.

~G

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Gaudeamus]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trappestine

Apparently it's because it's a prime number with two odd digits - something about that has a low inherent aesthetic value

I've also heard that it's not very likely to actually show up because of the fact that it's prime, or something to that extent. Dunno if that's true, though.

~G

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Gaudeamus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaudeamus

Sometimes i think certain numbers mean something to different people.I believe it may involve something that not only occures in our past but also our furture.Like the number 37.Certain names have always haunted me.A selected the best girls name 28 years ago when it poped up in my head for the first time.That name is learna.Not many girls or women use that name as its quite rare to hear.Two years ago one brand of car was released with the same name.I could not believe they called a brand of car called learna.Later on i found out it was spelled different to learna.Thankgod for that.If ever i have a daughter of my own.I will try my best to have her called learna.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join