It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever get a feeling something bad is going to happen like Déjà vu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi All

Just a quick question I hoped someone might have some insight to.

Every now and then I will get a Déjà vu feeling of something bad happening to me, its always a bad thing and only happens less than a hand full of times a year, but feels as real as can be....

A few examples below.

A short time before leaving somewhere will have Déjà vu of a car crash that im involved in "this is the one i experience the most"
or
Seen myself getting mugged or killed down a side street that im about to walk down

How i get past it, is i feel like if i just stay were i am for a little longer or avoid the area it wont happen, and often a few minutes after i have the feeling, everything is fine and i feel ok again. I dont even tell people i had the bad feeling, i just sit it out a minute or two.

Only once has the situation come true, were i had a weird feeling of something very bad happening before i walked my friend out to say good bye, I shrugged it off as me been stupid but once we got outside and my friend was in her car i saw two very suspect guys walking towards us in the middle of the night, i ran from the car and told my friend to just drive and called her when i was inside to explain what just happened, not sure if something bad would have happened if i did not run but in that particular situation im very sure it would have

BTW before you read further im not the paranoid type of person as this only happens a few times a year as i said, and i dont really think about it at all, it just catches me by surprise

So everything above i just take it happens to everyone and not really bothered by it BUT YESTERDAY i was at the airport waiting to bored a plane and i had this feeling something going every wrong.

In fact what it was, was that part of the terminal i was standing in just collapsed, not sure from what but it did, and i had a feeling that I should move a bit to the side, though nothing happened.

So the question is, are all the feeling i get that are bad like this just a bunch of nonsense and i should ignore them as nothing happened at the airport, or are the feelings im getting related to something that will happen in the future or even a parale universe

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

I think some of these reflex actions mean that you are becoming "street smart". You are always alert to what is going on in your environment...that is important.

Also, these bad feelings or imaginations help you to understand scenerios that often do happen in life and what to watch for. Thinking on these things helps you plan ahead should something like this actually happen and you find yourself in a worse case scenerio. If it does, you have already rehearsed the moves in your head and will be able to take decisive action quickly with less question or contemplation. It is a way of training your instincts.

As for what happened at the airport, this is confirmation for you to trust your instincts.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
as long as i can remember i have dreamt mundane events that occured the next day.

as much as 2-3 minutes of event.

as a kid i ALWAYS tried to change the outcome. by not saying what i dreampt or moving something, or saying something differently.

nowdays i just allow it to unfold as i drempt it. is surreal.

i dont know that its life changing but it really affects my perception of how time and consciousness interact.

my last event was only about 5 weeks ago and involved being in a mc donalds and seeing a tshirt on someone i couldnt take my eyes off..

lo and begold the next day, a tshirt on a woman with japanese text, and japanese stylised artwork.

in mcdonalds.. exactly as i had dreampt it. about a minutes worth of watching her chat to someon in the dream played out like a movie in RL...

in my experiences tho its never bad or premonition... just mundane day to day stuff.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
@ Alethea - Thanks for the feedback, however this is dif from your normal street smart, i have had to walk past plenty suspect people in my life and know the feeling of just been street smart... but this bad Déjà vu feeling is totally different, and can happen before im even close to the situation happening

@ okamitengu thx for the feed back as well, however in my situations and feelings i normally try and avoid it or wait a short while till the feeling is gone, in your situation would you not have been able to avoid seen the t-shirt if you just avoided MC-D's for a week or so?

Anyways just wanted to know if this was the norm and what other people knew about it, so all feedback is very welcome

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I can only shed light from my own experiences with deja vu and negative experiences coming true.

I have had dreams come true with deja vu, but they don't happen right away, sometimes years into the future. For the negative things...when I dream of hair I know I am in for a negative change, usually within weeks.

Pondering your question, bluedrake, I would not dismiss your abilities as non-sense. It is a gift of protection. How I view it....is you are like a dowsing rod with bad things. Or someone or something has it out for you and your deja vu is protecting you. Either way....things happen for a reason. I hope some of this helped...if it did not, I am sorry.

Be safe!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
my experience is not that advanced i have no idea in advance, some image or conversation sparks a recall that i have seen it before and i knwo maybe a few minutes worth of images or dialogue,

i cant avoid it because by the time i am aware i know whats comeing i am in it.

like a spoiler clip but played as you are watching!

i didnt loike the idea of predetermination so i ALWAYS used to say somethign different, turn left, look away when i knew in my vision/dream etc i did the opposite. there is very little mmore i could have done

i didnt know about the girl with the shirt until i was in maccas, and some imagery seemed the same .. then bam, in she walked and i clrealy knew the next minute of images and dialogue.

diffferent to what you are talking about however. just pointig out you might not be crazy, or we both are (:

ps maybe you moving left instead of right at the airport when you felt bad juju changed the outcome. maybe it was your wieght alone that caused the collapse!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
A short time before leaving somewhere will have Déjà vu of a car crash that im involved in "this is the one i experience the most"

How i get past it, is i feel like if i just stay were i am for a little longer or avoid the area it wont happen, and often a few minutes after i have the feeling, everything is fine and i feel ok again. I dont even tell people i had the bad feeling, i just sit it out a minute or two.

This happens to me sometimes, but it happens while I am driving so I can't avoid it. Two times in the past twenty years it has preceded an actual accident, in which case it is really eerie. Most of the time it passes without incident. I don't get them often.

Once in a while I also get this really powerful sense that there is about to be an earthquake but they never seem to happen when I have this experience. So rather than calling it a premonition, I chalk it up to some other psychological phenomenon and try to ignore it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Déjà vu is the feeling that you have done something before, what your talking about sound reminiscent of a premonition.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Did you happen to look on the Internet where earth quakes have happened. I believe when you have premonition it doesn't necessarily mean its gonna happen to you.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Did you happen to look on the Internet where earth quakes have happened. I believe when you have premonition it doesn't necessarily mean its gonna happen to you.

Ahh right hey, never thought about it like that.... lol think i would be freaked out if i had to investigate and find out that it did happen somewhere out there

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Ahh right hey, never thought about it like that.... lol think i would be freaked out if i had to investigate and find out that it did happen somewhere out there

Well, there have been a hell of a lotta quakes around the world lately. Check it out see what you find.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

it can be some instinct kicking in, doesnt always count as deja vu, youre just becoming alert to your surroundings and having knowledge that youre not bullet proof and that yes, sometimes bad things can happen. its the way the world is, and youre not naive to it. i get those feelings all the time. i generally look around and analyze and figure out whats causing it and how to prepare for it. most of the time, people thatll claim foresight on something have a delayed reaction between the right and left sides of the brain making them feel that either during or after the action its happened before. this phenonenom is generally caused by excessive fatigue

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yes, I get these as well. For me, it is not in the sense of DajaVu, but is more of a wrenching gut feeling of doom that will happen should I carry on with my tentative plans. I have learned over the years to react to this feeling, and either change my plans, or simply wait to carry them out. Of ALL the times that I did not adhere to the feeling, and did carry on with my plans, the doom ALWAYS happened.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yeah i think that because i dont get them all the time, and only a few times a year it would be rather stupid to ignore them... rather be careful than end up finding out that they are true

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
A most profound video. Well worth the 2 hours & 48 minutes

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join