It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why women are unhappy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
as far as i'm aware, when you finish wearing your clothes you leave them on the floor and a few days later they'll appear in the closet freshly pressed. frankly, the process' that they undergo in the meantime are none of my business.

It's the laundry fairy. Us women call them all the time.

Note: the end of it is an ad for All laundry detergent, but the rest of it is amusing.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
women are told they should look like that or they are not "real women".
by women

We get too skinny, we are told we are too skinny
by women

we gain a bit of weight we are told we are too fat, we don't wear the right clothing, the right shoes the right makeup we are told something is wrong with us.
by women

We don't raise our children just like someone else wants us to we are told we suck as a parent. We choose a career outside the home we are told that we are wrong, we choose a career inside the home we are told by others that we are wrong.

by women

women treat women badly and then blame the men......feminine logic at it's best.

Re-posting this as I believe this too be 100 percent correct and needs another look see.

Please don't blame the men, especially when they keep telling you that you look perfect and don't need to change a thing.

Forget society and listen to your man....for once..(would like to say I'm joking here, but I'm not)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
ummm.....I'm pretty sure it was my husband who was always griping about now the house wasn't good enough when I was a full time mom, no matter how many hours I put into it....

but, I've got to admit, when the little boy let the balloon loose, it was the women talk heads on the tv that was driving me nuts about...."where were the parents" crap.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I could see why women are unhappy.

But then the world is unfair... Like racism for example.

One good thing, women nowadays have much greater chances of landing a job... Men (real men) seem to be increasingly discriminated at work...

-Men have very strong urges that are very difficult to control leading for more wickedness... If you are trying to reach higher levels of spirituality, you would thank yourself that you're a woman...

I dunno the truth which sex is really happier but we should all strive for equality, acceptance and respect for each other or else we'll all be headed for doom, the human race.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
were pretty screwed,the truth is, we cant get EASY sex until we turn atleast 22 and have a stable high-paying job.all the stress of providing lands on us,all the decisions.
women can get sex when they want,even if theyr 50.
and women get a job much easyer,just couse theyr women.
they can use sex as manipulation and do what they want
"you cant hit a woman"
"you must be a gentleman"
"you must open a door for a woman"
tell that to your 12 year old boy,and whatch him being beatn up by some 14 year old girl next door that takes his lunch money.
atleast the older we get the less urges we have,especialy after we turn 20.
then we grow up to be succesful,we can "pay" for sex even we dont care.
women ont he other hand "are passed theyr best years" and its getting harder and harder for them.
if we were treated like crap in our teen years and left a virgin couse all the girls wanted the bad boy..that is now a cheap poor punk,why should we settle for some girl our age that desided that now since your succesfull she should have you,if women want to choose only the best,we have our right to choose the best as well.
sorry girls,but theres kinda of lots of truth in my words

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

women are told they should look like that or they are not "real women".
by women

We get too skinny, we are told we are too skinny
by women

we gain a bit of weight we are told we are too fat, we don't wear the right clothing, the right shoes the right makeup we are told something is wrong with us.
by women

We don't raise our children just like someone else wants us to we are told we suck as a parent. We choose a career outside the home we are told that we are wrong, we choose a career inside the home we are told by others that we are wrong.

by women

women treat women badly and then blame the men......feminine logic at it's best.

Re-posting this as I believe this too be 100 percent correct and needs another look see.

Please don't blame the men, especially when they keep telling you that you look perfect and don't need to change a thing.

Forget society and listen to your man....for once..(would like to say I'm joking here, but I'm not)

Hmm, some people just don't read, I did not mention either sex in my posting, meaning I know that both sexes are involved. Misogynistic attitudes are showing through on those who believe only women treat women this way.

By the way, it is a man who owns that magazine and it was a man who photo shopped that picture of the model, not women.

Get a clue guys, both sexes treat women as "less than capable", and until we get over this, we will still have issues.

And telling women to "listen to your man", is definitely sexist, and a cave man attitude. We should, men and women, listen to each other. So I repeat that back to you, listen to your woman respectfully, and she should listen to you respectfully.

Until then, we are still fighting "against" each other instead of for each other.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And telling women to "listen to your man", is definitely sexist, and a cave man attitude. We should, men and women, listen to each other. So I repeat that back to you, listen to your woman respectfully, and she should listen to you respectfully.

You would rather a wife listen to the television and magazines that tell her she is too fat and just has to have a certain type of clothes or makeup to fit in, rather than listen to her husband as he tells her he loves her just the way she is???

Who the hell is being sexist here??

And caveman??? Come on, if you have read any of my post's you would know I am the furthest thing from being called a caveman. I have more respect for women than you can believe, and find this very insulting.

How you can misconstrue what I said is beyond me, and I think that you are just trying to start an argument here which I will not participate in.

You can go back to ignoring your significant other now, and get all the info you need about yourself from the television. I'm sure that will work out just fine for you.

Pfffft............

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

You would rather a wife listen to the television and magazines that tell her she is too fat and just has to have a certain type of clothes or makeup to fit in, rather than listen to her husband as he tells her he loves her just the way she is???

Who the hell is being sexist here??

And caveman??? Come on, if you have read any of my post's you would know I am the furthest thing from being called a caveman. I have more respect for women than you can believe, and find this very insulting.

How you can misconstrue what I said is beyond me, and I think that you are just trying to start an argument here which I will not participate in.

You can go back to ignoring your significant other now, and get all the info you need about yourself from the television. I'm sure that will work out just fine for you.

Pfffft............

LOL

Please reread what I wrote. Did you miss something I said? You even quoted it.

Let me post it again. Maybe that will help.

We should, men and women, listen to each other.

I suspect it is someone else who is wanting to "fight", for sure not me.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Misogynistic attitudes are showing through on those who believe only women treat women this way.

okay, fair enough, gay men also treat women that way!

By the way, it is a man who owns that magazine and it was a man who photo shopped that picture of the model, not women.

the magazine was aimed at women, the reason they photoshopped it is because women will buy something that has a picture of what they aspire to be on it.

And telling women to "listen to your man", is definitely sexist, and a cave man attitude.

depends on your man, if he's a good man, he's the one person whos answer you should be able to trust because he loves you for who you are. any man worth a damn wouldn't ever tell his woman that she's not "a real woman" unless you're size 0, or the perfect mother, or anything else you mentioned.

it's not sexist, it' good advice. if you want to know what's best for you, ask the person you should be able to trust above all others. not "a man", your man.

men have been told whats best for them by their women for centuries, seems to work for us.

[edit on 22/10/09 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive

,if women want to choose only the best,we have our right to choose the best as well.
sorry girls,but theres kinda of lots of truth in my words

If you only want to choose the best, then you won't get the best...

I may be in the same boat as you do... Still a virgin way past my teens... By trying to get the best, I lost the best.

The best wealth can buy isn't always the best...

Sorry, but there's also lots of truth in my words
And I'm not wealthy btw, just know many wealthy people who are miserable.

Love, not hate, if you keep hating, you'll regret it one day as I once did.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am quite happy with my role as domestic engineer. I don't mind cooking, cleaning, taking care of my children, keeping up with the bills, balancing the budget, grocery shopping and that sort of stuff. I don't even mind mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, cleaning your shed out, straightening your garage, fixing the lights hanging shelves and other male jobs. I do it all the time. I don't ask for anyting and don't need anything. When I buy my clothes its from goodwill or clearance racks.

What makes me unhappy is when you(men [my husband]) expects it. Don't tell me you hate coming home from your 8 hour day to an unmowed lawn or how you can't stand searching for things in your untidy garage because you made a mess and I havent cleaned it up yet. Don't tell me how unhappy you are because you can't have the newest hunting gadget or how we never have any money because I am doing my best with what we have. And dont expect me to always look like a TV hottie and jump your bones as soon as you walk through the door everyday. And don't don't don't for the love of God Don't tell me how hard you work for me because you'd work with or without me.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

take dyson vacuum cleaners for instance, here's their site. front and centre they have this blurb