It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why women are unhappy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
First off - who says most women are unhappy? What a crock.

Also to you stay at home moms - Quit calling yourselves "stay at home moms"!

You are Full Time Mothers and Family Managers.

ALSO: It's about time we take over this world as you "GUYS' have done nothing but screw it up. Look at the state of affairs in the World. The wars and conflict, inhumanity, violence and suffering caused by MEN WORLD LEADERS.

Women (that chose to) are taking more leadership roles in the World and are our only salvation to save this sorry screwed up planet.

Women Heads of State & Government:
Mary McAleese, President of Ireland (1997- )
Vaira Vike-Freiberga, President of Latvia (1999- )
Helen Clark, Prime Minister of New Zealand (1999- )
Tarja K. Halonen, President of Finland (2000- )
Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, President of the Philippines (2001- )
Khaleda Zia, Prime Minister of Bangladesh (1991-1996, 2001- )
Luisa Diogo, Prime Minister of Mozambique (2004- )
Maria do Carmo Silveira, Prime Minister of Sao Tome and Principe (2005- )
Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany (2005- )
Michelle Bachelet, President of Chile (2006- )
Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, President of Liberia (2006- )
Portia Simpson-Miller, Prime Minister of Jamaica (2006- )

WOMEN WORLD VICE-PRESIDENTS:
Aisatou N'Jie Saidy, Vice-President of The Gambia (1997- )
Annette Lu, Vice-President of Taiwan (2000- )
Sandra Sumang Pierantozzi, Vice-President of Palau (2001- )
Lineth Saborio Chaverri, Vice-President of Costa Rica (2002- )
Ana Vilma de Escobar, Vice-President of El Salvador (2004- )
Source (may be out of date):
www.geocities.com...

AND I won't bore you with a list of all the female leaders in the United States.

So GUYS take note before posting ridiculous polls that put down women - We're not going to take it any more!

Those that continue to piss off, abuse and disrespect women will have a price to pay in the future.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Children need both mothers and fathers. Mothers are not fathers. Fathers are not mothers. Kids need both. Its balance.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I've passed a kidney stone, and had natural childbirth. I can attest to the FACT that childbirth is far worse. I would much rather pass a kidney stone.

OP if you really want to know the answer to your question, just look at the misogynistic answers in this thread.

We work hard to create careers, we are then told that we still have to do all the work of raising our children and keeping the house clean.

Honestly, it seems that no matter what we do it is just not enough for many.

Then we have magazines such as Ralph Lauren who photoshop's their models so much they look sick, and insectoid, but women are told they should look like that or they are not "real women".

www.thatshideous.com...

If someone would like to imbed that photo go ahead. It is really disturbing.

Her head is bigger than her hips. That will never happen with a healthy woman. When you first glance at the photo you know something is not quite right, but not just what.

We get too skinny, we are told we are too skinny, we gain a bit of weight we are told we are too fat, we don't wear the right clothing, the right shoes the right makeup we are told something is wrong with us. We don't raise our children just like someone else wants us to we are told we suck as a parent. We choose a career outside the home we are told that we are wrong, we choose a career inside the home we are told by others that we are wrong.

We get sick, we are treated like "hypochondriacal" WOMEN, and told to just "buck up" and put on psychiatric medications. A man gets sick with the same thing, and millions of dollars are spent trying to figure out how to make him healthy. An example of this would be heart conditions, it has only been within the past ten years that women's heart conditions began to be studied as a separate and real medical condition.

Another example? Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. Which has been in the news this week. It has been labeled a "womans disease" and ignored and treated as a mental condition. But then men started getting prostate cancer, and while researching this prostate cancer, it is found out that a retro virus XMRV, only the 4th one found to effect humans, seems to have a HUGE link to not only this cancer in men, but to Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. These diseases have been around a long time, but as they were "womens" illnesses they were not studied, now that they are also linked to a "mans" disease, they will be studied.

And you wonder why women are not happy? How about if we are treated with respect and equality in ALL areas, in the home, in the work field, in the medical field, EVERYWHERE. We are all of the same species, and we all deserve the same respect.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
How about.

I'm tired of dragging me and your ass too. Then expecting to perform sexual circus tricks as a finale.

I don't need some place of honour. Cash and power and a nice partner are better than some stupid form of honour that means I get to look good and be owned, but everyone treats me like either a workhorse or a fragile flower....but nicely.

Screw that.

Thankfully, my guy has this amazing ability to be both a man and not a jackhole. It's AMAZING.

[edit on 2009/10/15 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs

It's not our fault you can't harness your strengths as a women to get what you want.

And I'm not even talking sexually, that's a completely different story. A story where any woman can come out on top.

Women are unhappy because they expect to have everything and then realize it doesn't always work that way.

Get over yourselves

Um I dont expect to have everything EVER. So that I will have to disagree with. Also I am very capable of getting what I want in many situations and its not sexual in any sense. I am happy and unhappy, you are able to be both..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hey Gals - don't miss what was said in the article:

Bishop gives women two tips to live a happier life. "Live in the present," he says, and "learn to accept and cooperate with what is."

I'd love to hear the female responses to this MANS's statement!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Hey Gals - don't miss what was said in the article:

Bishop gives women two tips to live a happier life. "Live in the present," he says, and "learn to accept and cooperate with what is."

I'd love to hear the female responses to this MANS's statement!

Yes, the biggest problem is one's expectations and reality are severely different.

This is true.

Of course, knuckling under to accepting horse crap is of course the preference instead of pressing for better. We should use that instead of stupid capitalism and progress as a society too. You don't need a car - you should just accept skipping from place to place. Your problem isn't that you don't have a vehicle it is that you expect a vehicle. Adjust your expectations, and be happy.

[edit on 2009/10/15 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would love to be a stay at home mom instead of working 40 hours a week and then coming home to also clean up house. I'm a first time mom and I feel like I'm missing out on the most important thing ever. My son is almost 9 mths old and 3 days out of the week my son has to stay with his grandparents (because my husband is also working) and then the rest of the week my son is in bed before I get home from work ( I work until 11 pm).

That's why I am unhappy haha. I wouldn't be ashamed to be a stay at home mother! But alas, you need money now a days.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
women are told they should look like that or they are not "real women".
by women

We get too skinny, we are told we are too skinny
by women

we gain a bit of weight we are told we are too fat, we don't wear the right clothing, the right shoes the right makeup we are told something is wrong with us.
by women

We don't raise our children just like someone else wants us to we are told we suck as a parent. We choose a career outside the home we are told that we are wrong, we choose a career inside the home we are told by others that we are wrong.

by women

women treat women badly and then blame the men......feminine logic at it's best.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes they do, this is a true statement of fact. Children need mothers and fathers in their lives in order to blossom into productive members of society.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by OuttaHere
And the fact that, by and large, this seems to be the norm for men.

correct me if i'm wrong, but you're making a sweeping statement about half the population based on their sex? just out of curiosity, by what criteria is sexism okay, when it suits your point of view or when it's aimed at men in general?

Hah, I knew you would say that!

No, I made a sweeping generalization about half the poulation based upon my experience with them.

Of course I can make a sweeping statement about all men. The research proves that it is true; men do less housework than their wives, even when the woman is employed the same number of hours.

Lighten up a bit, it is all in good fun. I love my dear husband of thirteen years even if he IS lazy most of the time. And that is coming from a woman who not only does 99.9% of the housework, but just about all of the "men's" work as well. There are just certain trade-offs which have to be negotiated, unfortunately usually to the woman's disadvantage. And until men's attitudes regarding women and housework change, fighting about it will not help, because the core issues are embedded deeply into the psyche. To learn to pick up one's own socks even if there is someone else there to do it requires a degree of maturity and self sacrifice which challenges our basic assumptions about life.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs
Try being a man. You realize most of us act without affection because of how badly you women treat us and play us. It's the only way we can enjoy our lives without being constantly hurt by you vicious females.

Sounds to me like you've been hanging around the wrong women if that's what you think of all of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

A new study from the University of Michigan shows that having a husband creates an extra seven hours of extra housework a week for women. But a wife saves her husband from an hour of chores around the house each week.

link

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

clearly, that means it takes a woman 7 times longer to do these chores than it takes a man. very interesting, i knew that ratio applied to getting ready to go out but the fact that it can be applied to housework explains an awful lot.

maybe women would be happier if they just got a move on.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

You try fixing your hair and putting on makeup and see if it doesn't take you longer to get ready than it does to just toss something in the dryer for five minutes and then put it on. Warm equals clean right?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

clearly, that means it takes a woman 7 times longer to do these chores than it takes a man. very interesting, i knew that ratio applied to getting ready to go out but the fact that it can be applied to housework explains an awful lot.

You obviously didn't read the article!

7 Time longer...LOL - no where does it say that! You're just making up your own version.

"Having kids boosts house chores even further. With more than three kids, for instance, wives took on more of the extra work, clocking about 28 hours a week compared with husbands' 10 hours."

I see you' re going to single either for a long time or for the rest of your life.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

um....what?!? what the hell is a dryer?

look, i have no idea how you ladies clean the clothes, you'll need to ask someone else if your unclear on the details.

as far as i'm aware, when you finish wearing your clothes you leave them on the floor and a few days later they'll appear in the closet freshly pressed. frankly, the process' that they undergo in the meantime are none of my business.

now, feel better? validated?
i work from home so i do the bulk of the house work stuff.

[edit on 15/10/09 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

or....
maybe it just means we take the time to do it RIGHT!!!

my husband has been laid off awhile now. and I have been working 8 hours five days a week, sometimes more....
I've been on strike awhile as far as coming home and cleaning the kitchen and cooking the dinner, everyone here is an adult, they can take care of themselves! but, on the weekends, it's then that I end up paying for the strike! I don't get days off to enjoy myself....
my husband has seemed to find lots of time to enjoy his fishing, his video games, ect...

I know there's men out there that do help out, i hear other women at work saying what their husbands do. so, no it's not all men, but there are alot of them out there that don't!!!
and you try never getting a day off, living on four hours sleep much of the time, feeling like crap, and still getting up every morning and going to a job that is probably the primary source of you feeling like crap!! See how happy you tend to be!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

i sympathize, i really do. that's pretty crappy.

i dunno, instead of going on strike, which will only bug you (men don't care) take the flex from his video game or the decoder card for the TV into work with you, hide his fishing gear or even unlace all his shoes.

be creative, do stuff to annoy him until he gets the finger out. if nothing else it'll give you a sense of satisfaction.

to actually solve the issue, men usually respond well to an ego massage, tell him what a great guy he is if he makes any improvement. we're pretty responsive to positive reinforcement. the whole "my weak feminine arms can't take out the trash, i need a big strong man" spiel works well also.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Television is television. Entertainment. There are a lot of TV shows out there (and movies) that aren't meant to be rocket science. Blaming a woman's unhappiness on some television show is ludicrous. There have been plenty of TV shows throughout the years that cater to men that are questionable in their "intent". If a person isn't capable of watching a TV show or movie and recognizing it's for entertainment purposes then that says something about that person, not the show they're watching. Look at all the violent television shows, movies and video games that are geared towards males. I do agree, however, that the level of intelligent TV and movies has gone down significantly in recent years. Now it's all about quantity, not quality. But that's not a gender issue.

I personally don't have a bunch of generally unhappy female friends, unless they have something to be upset about (like any other person, male or female). I think that the economy and other issues are making people in general unhappy - I wouldn't say it's specific to women.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Orion65]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join