It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why women are unhappy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by pieman

Please. @@:
It is the woman who gets judged if the house isn't in order.

by whom? other women? not even, you judge yourselves by the cleanliness of the house.

you can't say on one hand that men care not a jot about housework and then bug out about an untidy house.

unwashed children mean the parents aren't fit to look after children, not the mother in particular. social services don't arive if daddy washes the clothes.

Every commercial for eveyr vaccuum, floor cleaner, duster, you name it features a pretty lady joyfully cleanign the house. And trust me, I pay attention. I have seen 2 commercials ever feature a male.

same goes for chocolate, doesn't mean men don't eat chocolate.

[edit on 15/10/09 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am happy with my life. I am happy being able to be the mom and wife I always wanted to be. I cook from scratch. I have a meal consisting of a meat, potato, veggie and bread cooked from scratch every night. It's on the table as soon as hubby walks in the door from work. I do so many things that I wouldn't be able to do if I had an outside job.

My kids are older now, and I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out. I never had to leave them with babysitters. Had I been a working mom, I would have been worried about leaving them in the care of someone else, like I'm sure most working moms do.

I work hard every day. I could not do this if I had to work outside the home. I don't know how moms that work get everything done. I myself work from morning to evening in the house, being a stay at home wife/mother. This is what I wanted to do and I would not take back a thing, or wish for anything different. I feel that if I was forced to work outside the home, I would not be happy. I would feel that I was being robbed of the time I spend taking care of my family. I'm sure a lot of woman feel this way.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Sure thing. Here you go:

Support for working mums falls

Growing numbers of people are concerned about the impact of working mothers on family life, a survey by Cambridge University suggests.

It compared results of social attitude polls from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

In 1998, 51% of women and 45.9% of men believed family life would not suffer if a woman went to work.

This had fallen to 46% of women and 42% of men in 2002, amid "growing sympathy" for the old-fashioned view women should be in the home and not the workplace.

[...]

The report adds there should now be further investigation to understand why the attitude shift is occurring.

It asks whether this is because caring for the family is seen as women's work, or because people feel there is no practical alternative to a woman taking the role.

And there's another article about that study here, or you can go to the Cambridge website.

So yes, society does think that a woman's place is in the home taking care of everything that comes with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by pieman

Every commercial for eveyr vaccuum, floor cleaner, duster, you name it features a pretty lady joyfully cleanign the house. And trust me, I pay attention. I have seen 2 commercials ever feature a male.

actually, never mind my last reply, it's marketing. women feel the house will be cleaner if they do something which makes them closer to a woman that has a clean house, men feel it'll be cleaner if they clean it. it's the problem solving vs emotional understanding and interaction mindset.

men will use an old t-shirt where women will buy a super mop that she saw super-mom use on TV. it's pointless advertising household stuff to men because they see nest dressing in a very utilitarian way.

you are starting to see cleaning stuff marketed to men but it doesn't involve a blissfully clean house.

take dyson vacuum cleaners for instance, here's their site. front and centre they have this blurb

Powered by
Dyson digital motor

More powerful and uses much less energy than conventional motors. No fixed magnets or metal impeller. No carbon brushes means zero carbon dust.

you really believe dyson are marketing to women?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

i dont really care what you say. its actually stuff like that that makes me angry at men. and i dont mind if you know it.

you say women complain? with all the rubbish and torture women have put up with over the CENTURIES from MEN then you have the audacity to whinge about stuff. accept responsibilty for what your sex has done and continues to do in many parts of the world to women. try to change it. or at least refrain from complaining yourself.

everyones politically correct about racism and saying sorry to indigenous people. i have to ask - when are men planning to apologise to women for the centuries of mistreatment that continues today?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

this is a composite of a lot of surveys, it doesn't say much.

the truth is, having both parents working is crap for a family, there are all kinds of problems caused by it and we're starting to see the results of this. however, i reject the idea that a majority of people believe a woman should stay at home, i believe that the feeling is that at least one parent should.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

How'd I know I'd get something along those lines for a response.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

How'd I know I'd get something along those lines for a response.

because you knew it was true

a quote from the cambridge link you provided is

When it comes to the clash between work and family life, doubts about whether a woman should be doing both are starting to creep in.

this is clearly true, doing both is a tall task and no doubt. people are realising that one person should be at home and one person should go out to work, but i believe that the attitude that it must always be the woman that stays at home is gone as far as the larger part of society is concerned.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Personally I believe that it is an over expectation of women that leads to unhappiness. Not that a women isn't capable of the same thing that a man is, but that a woman in today's American society is not only expected to have a successful carrier, but additionally expected to retain the traditional feminine roll. It's absurd to believe that a woman can do all those things yet a man doesn't have to burden his share of the load as well.

I have a terrific example of a near perfect symbiotic relationship between a man and a woman in American society where the burden is equally shared.

My sister works in a credit union, my brother in law is a printer, they both make relitively the same amount of money. (although my brother in law has worked for this particular printer for a couple of decades now and my sister has worked for the credit union for only 7 years)

They share chores, they share responsibility with the children, they communicate about expenses, each has their own personal time and activities. Just the way my sister wants it.

So therefore it's a happy marriage.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

HEY watch what you say about my girls on sex and the city! I do not agree with you, sorry but women are not unhappy because of tv show characters, give me a break....

To whoever said women want to be at home housewives I kind of a agree, well for me at least, but I would work at home too.

As for me...I just want a man to appreciate ALL that I do for them and not expect it! I am a very open, honest giving person and I am starting to wonder if any real men are out there who like women like this. What is wrong with you guys! lol This is why I am partially unhappy
MEN! Oh and I am really tired of the "when are you gonna have kids" question!! I dont have kids for a reason right now and I;m not going to just have a kid with some guy for the sake of having a kid....so another thing that makes me unhappy....lol Ok sorry for ranting...

I will say the one things most ALL my friends say about their partners is that they show no real affection!! This will make most women unhappy!! Being affectionate guys doesnt make you any less of a man

S&F

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
i have to ask - when are men planning to apologise to women for the centuries of mistreatment that continues today?

really? is that a serious question? you want all the men in the world to get together and appolgise for the mistreatment of women down trough the centuries? do you want jewelry and flowers or will a UN resolution do?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I will say the one things most ALL my friends say about their partners is that they show no real affection!! This will make most women unhappy!! Being affectionate guys doesnt make you any less of a man

S&F

BINGO!!!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by WhiteMagicWoman]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It's not our fault you can't harness your strengths as a women to get what you want.

And I'm not even talking sexually, that's a completely different story. A story where any woman can come out on top.

Women are unhappy because they expect to have everything and then realize it doesn't always work that way.

Get over yourselves

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think there are quite a lot of factors, that you must consider in this case... So, that the puzzle will come together.

Some of these factors are:

1. Lack of religion in society(uncertainty about death),
2. Chemical poisoning through environmental,food, and tap water sources (affecting hormone levels and brain development) in both sexes. It's hard to say which sex if being affected in a more negative way... However, if I had to choose one, I would have to say men. Primarily, because of autism(4x higher in men) and severely lower testosterone levels when compared to men in the 1950s (on average, men have half the amount of testosterone, as they did in the 50s). Men, between the ages of 18 - 25 are seven times more likely to commit suicide than Women in that same age group.
3. Lack of dignity, compassion, emotion, education among men.
4. Women spend more time at work, less time with their kids.
5. Kids are on prescription drugs, some causing deformation of the brain... Which can be devastating to a mother who has developed a bond with her child.
6. Pressure to act more like men, and less like women. Women get caught up into activities, that they are just not biologically meant to do. It doesn't mean they are incapable of doing them or even worse than Men... It just means they receive little to no pleasure from that activity.. For example, fixing a leaky pipe under the sink.
7. Less time to socialize. Women are generally more sociable than men.
8. Kids spend more time in front of the computer and less time with their parents or friends.

That's all I could come up with. Like a lot of things, this is generally a very complicated subject. I'm sure there is some class in college you can take on Women's roles in the modern era. In which depression among women will surely come up. Might as well just call it brainwashing though, as you are subjected to more of a teacher's viewpoint and less hard fact... At least, I would think that would be the tendency of the teacher.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
i have to ask - when are men planning to apologise to women for the centuries of mistreatment that continues today?

Is this poster freaking serious? Apologize for mistreatment?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Try being a man. You realize most of us act without affection because of how badly you women treat us and play us. It's the only way we can enjoy our lives without being constantly hurt by you vicious females.

GET OVER YOURSELVES

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ItIsWhatItIs]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
they are unhappy because all thier role models are nuerotic messes. sex in the SH^TTY desperate housesluts.

this type of lame display of women ecourages otehr women to bitc*yness and insecurity.

then they blubber, and expect us to cuddle a blubbering grizzly nuerotic mess!

as for men not being men, how true is that!
from metro to unable to change a spare tyre in 10 short years!!

teh whole world (western/civilised zones) are in for a huge social collapse. even if its not NWO just all these confused scared and neurotic men and women unable to cope with living..

*sigh*

ps sorry to those of you who see this as sexism, but you know.. i calls it likes i sees it!

So very true. Somehow these female shows think it shows independence when a women is a real idiot. Sex and the City is a perfect example of a show that really shows women pissing all over the feelings of men and its perfectly fine because its wimen doing it.

Its not hard to see the effects of these shows in every day life in women. Somehow it has become politically incorrect to criticize their behavior. A great example of TV messing with peoples intelligence in my opinion.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If women are unhappy it is because their children's futures have been stolen through complacence and ignorance. Hopelessly trying to raise children with values and morals in a world gone off its rocker with sensory overload intermixed with blatant lies served with a worldwide sense of doom & gloom, women struggle.

IMHO, these are the real reasons for any mutual unhappiness in women.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

who's fault is that ladies?

so far, three women on this thread have suggested that society is responsible for the chore roster in their own homes!! un-freaking-believable. some people have a ridiculous sence of entitlement.

I never said it was "society's" fault.

It is the fault of the lazy man who would rather sit around and be waited on than get up and help. And the fact that, by and large, this seems to be the norm for men. Often, a woman who tries to change the status quo is labeled as a complaining shrew, however, she is unable to find a man without this feature because there aren't any. Forget taking responsibility for working out the issues household by household. How about the whole bleeping lot of you learn to pick up your own stinking socks by the time you are 20 years old, like the rest of us? You can talk about going household by household, but this seems to be a more pervasive problem.

And BTW, division of labor is, and has always been, considered a major societal factor - and is exhaustively studied by sociologists.

Is half of the human race "society"? No, I guess they make up only half of society.

So, ultimately, Ragu23 is correct:

Originally posted by Ragu23
Well, that's an easy one! They have to share the planet with men. Duuuuuuuuuuh!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
And the fact that, by and large, this seems to be the norm for men.

correct me if i'm wrong, but you're making a sweeping statement about half the population based on their sex? just out of curiosity, by what criteria is sexism okay, when it suits your point of view or when it's aimed at men in general?

the fact that the division of labour within the household is interesting to sociologists doesn't mean it's anybodies responsibility except for those people in the household. it isn't sexism, it's a domestic argument projected to include everyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I have no doubt that this is an issue. And men do have to pick up the slack, however unfortunately in today's America, many women are content to leave the fathers out of the equation instead trying to raise children on their own.

(don't go all deadbeat dad on me that's a whole other issue altogether)

The family structure is breaking down in America. The family structure has to adapt to modern times. And while women have the obligation to preform all the rolls they currently do, men have to stand up and help the situation. Fathers in this country cannot sit idly by and preform the same gender roll they used to. Women are adapting to a new paradigm and so men must also adapt and fill in gaps that will become apparent in this new family structure.

Simply put, if women can take on the demands of a career, and a family life, men can adapt to the same. When children are involved, we all must make sacrifices in order to ensure the next generations chances of success.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join