It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of negativity/misery do you see around you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We all know the economy is in rough shape (wherever you happen to be in the world) and that people are going through hard times.

I am curious about how much negativity, misery, depression, etc. you PERSONALLY see around you. Anecdotal evidence rather than statistics or news stories.

For example, how many people do you personally know who are "down on their luck" in one way or another? How severe does it seem to you, based on personal observation of your friends, relatives, neighbors, etc? Do you see more examples of rage or frustration in public when shopping, driving, etc? Have you seen any extreme outbursts or unusually strong signs of stress around you? Etc etc.

This thread is intended to put a "human face" on the grim stats. Please feel free to share any perssonal experiences, about yourself or others.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I live it, breathe it, and am surrounded by it- 24/7.
People on welfare, who can't find work or feel there is no point, and they are the second generation on social assistance,with their own children following their footsteps as well.
Where I live is a bad place, wrong side of the tracks, and the richer people in town treat us differently.
I have had store doors locked in my face, customer service delayed or refused, just because Iam new here, and where I live.It's a small town, everybody knows everyone and everything. I try to keep to myself, because I don't subscribe to the rumor mill, but that seems to make it worse.
I listen to my neighbors yelling and screaming at each other all the time, none of them are employed at all.
Most of them have more month left at the end of the money and that is when tensions get really high around here.
I don't feel like I belong here, at all. I have to keep my doors locked at all times, my kids in my own fenced yard, and I have to try to not appear like I have more money than they do.It's very difficult.There is animosity because my kids and I dress in new clothes, versus used, and I go downtown everyday to pick up what I need, so they think I have endless funds.
It has made me a target.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thank you for your candid reply. I can believe this. My best wishes for a brighter future....for everyone.

Personally, I'm one notch above "hermit" level (except for the wife and the net) so I barely ever leave my tiny little place or interact with other humans. That's why I started this thread...I want to know how bad it really is "out there." I see stats on the computer screen, but I can't even drive a car. Your story touched me.

Anyone else care to share with the class?

new topics

join