It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Of Blues Security Guard Taped Assaulting woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

House Of Blues Security Guard Taped Assaulting woman

www.huffingtonpost.com

Cell phone video footage of the incident shows Gibson grabbing the woman by the neck and slamming her to the ground outside the downtown concert venue. The woman lies motionless for several seconds before getting up and again being thrown down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
carlosmiller.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Can Private Security Guards Act As Cops?
High School Security Guards Attack Teen With Cell Phone Camera Then Frame Him
Video : Special Ed Student Beat by Cop for Shirt !

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This seems like an open and shut case of assault. Everything caught on tape. Plenty of witnesses on the scene etc. However this incident highlights another problem with the system. Security guards are not cops, but doesn't it seem peculiar that after being taped assaulting someone in a manner that could've been deadly he is charged with a misdemeanor battery? We can only hope that the prosecution will make the charges felony and that some justice is served.
Curiously this isn't the first time House of Blues guards are acting way beyond their authority. What makes it even more ridicilous is that the event itself allowed cameras inside the concert.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

This is no longer the exception.

This is the standard now.

Anyone behind a badge may potentially overstep the law at any time; the law favors them if they do anyway.

Now is a time to be extra cautious and attempt to follow the laws carefully.

The police state is here to stay, and they are a brutal and unsympathetic animal.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yes it is standard and that should change. If there is any hope of repairing the system this in my opinion is the first thing that has to change. Wheter it is cops or security guards they should never be judged with a double standard. Some say that infact they should be judged by higher standards since they are given the power and responsibility to enforce the law and I have to agree.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This guy is nothing but a bouncer with a badge. Actually, I did not notice any sort of badge or identifying logo on his clothes.

Clearly, based on what was shown on video, the bouncer was out of line. I would love to see the activity that led up to this incident in the first place. I suspect that some alcohol and disorderly conduct took place inside the bar first.

When I was in college, I think every bouncer in town was hopped up on steroids and looking for a reason to fight. No one carried cameras back in those days. It was your word against theirs.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Last time I lived in a city and participated in the typical club/bar idiocy 90% of the bouncers were off-duty cops. I knew a lot of them through Judo.

For the cops working as a "bouncer" was not just some extra money in their pocket but also a way to get close to and subsequently take full advantage of young intoxicated women.

Like some rural guys would tell tale of stalking a deer with a bow these guys would sit around before and after classes and talk all about the drunk/wasted girls they took advantage of in cars, behind the building, in various offices around the clubs/bars then all say goodbye and head home to their wives and children.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm lately. Or is it just that more people have cameras and more CCTV?
Here is another sad example of authority being abused.

link

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You guys under estimate how violent these security guards are in America. You also under estimate the lengths to which the police will cover up for these folks. I guess you have to live in America as a black American to see that for yourself, because to you when security guards act up, the victim is "playing the black card". When you become the victim, you'll have to fend for yourselves, as I will have no reason to help you.

I mean look how security guards can easily get away with murder:

www.nola.com...

www.topix.com...

In this one, the guard committed the murder, but the surviving victim was charged with the murder:

www.jsonline.com...

Sometimes the people win though, but rarely:
www.nola.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Why did the seizure of the woman's phone not also constitute theft?

This also looks more like a felony assault than a Missy D.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why is this guy allowed to exist?

He doesn't belong here, on earth, with other people. In my opinion, anyone who accepts a position of authority and violates the moral standard supporting their badge should be executed Hitler-style.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah, he doesn't have the badge on, he said that he had already clocked out of the job. Activity that lead to the incident wasn't even inside the bar, the victim was sitting outside on a public space and took a picture of the driveway to the club. The guard must've thought that it was him she took a picture of and then lost it. This was a public space and even if she had taken a picture of him she would've been well within her rights to do so. Also taking the camera from her was theft but no such charge has been filed afaik.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I love how nobody helps.

Regardless if she has done something wrong, buddy is assaulting a girl for god sakes.

I can assure you if me and my boys were there buddy would be in the hospital.

I'm going tired of this world we live in.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If it was only girls and small men? I mean that guy is pretty huge and I'm sure most would think twice about going against that. If only the public would carry tazers...

[Edit] Also there's that other guy who ends up taking the camera of the girl who filmed the assault too.

[edit on 15/10/2009 by PsykoOps]

top topics

join