It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Heres something else.

www.nationalledger.com...

Obama 'birther' fined $20,000? Orly Taitz, an attorney who the court said wasted the money and time of the court system claiming that President Barack Obama was born in Kenya, as opposed to Hawaii making him therefore ineligible for Presidency, has been fined $20,000 for her actions.

According to the Associated Press, U.S. District Judge Clay D. Land's "scathing 43-page order yesterday said California lawyer and dentist Orly Taitz filed "frivolous" litigation and attempted to misuse the federal courts to push a political agenda."

This appears to be breaking news.

Just mentioning after this thread blowing up today.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Both were born outside the country — Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in Thailand — and graduated from high school in Honolulu — Punahou and McKinley, respectively.

Interesting

Another "hoax" article? Another article missed by the scrub? Or just another "mis-quote" / reporter not doing due-diligence. Interesting this one being from Hawaii.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Scooby Doo

And this proves what? Its another personal assumption from another author of another newspaper. This is somehow evidence? Can anybody here explain how this evidence again?? You have an Hawaiian state authenticated short form birth certificate sitting online and yet you fellas continue to search and believe what somebody else says? Is it that easy to convince you?

This.... this here shows us how low the Obama-ineligibility movement has gone. This is certainly a text books definition of desperation.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

It seems that every time this issue comes up the same folks come out of the woodwork to vehemently deny it. It almost seems like a job as the response is so Johnny-on-the-spot.

Clearly at this point folks have made a decision on this issue regarding what they think is the truth.

Clearly the people who do not believe the short form is valid are not going to be convinced by having it thrown in their face again and again in these threads.

There is absolutely no reason for the long form certificate not to be revealed. The long form would put this entire controversy (at least the "where born" part of it, not the later relinquishing of citizenship) to rest.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thats old and has been already discussed here

Well not old, but in a 24 hour news cycle... oh whatever..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

i repeat it like a million times there is no legal definition for natural born citizen.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Apologies, my bad, I never checked. Im busy sifting through mountains of garbage news here

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I signed up for AP archive and did not find this article.

The only articles there are are clean.

The funny thing is, that there are only 6 articles prior to Dec 2005.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pjoelro

But there is basic common sense, which is what this board forgets most of the time. Common sense dictates that if Obama's mother is an American, and he was born in Hawaii and the officials from Hawaii confirm that he was born there it is a pretty good bet that he is a natural born citizen.

No one questions Obama's mothers natural born citizenship do they? No they don't. The only reason they think that Obama was born in Kenya is because Obama Sr. was born in Kenya. It's a chink in the armor they think they can tug away at. If you haven't noticed on this discussion board Obama isn't exactly the most popular fellow. Therefore any information (true or otherwise) that they can try and use against him will be used.

Rational people, including people that actually have a say in such matters (I.E. Congress) feel otherwise, and this is why he was confirmed by congress as the POTUS. But this makes these people feel better about themselves. It makes them feel better about the state of the world they live in. They have a delusional fantasy about an illegitimate president they can obsess over. So they do, and there is a lot of people to obsess over this particular fantasy, some of them can make up things and spread that disinformation to the others to use and thus cause debates like this.

The sad truth is, these people believe this nonsense because it fits to what they want to believe. It's not rational, its what fits for them. They believe there is no possible way that Obama could have won the presidency legitimately so they believe anything that supports that belief.

It's a psychological condition. Your not going to change these people's minds no matter how hard you try to reason with them. Truth, reality, actual facts mean nothing to these people. All they believe is anything that favors their side of the argument.

These people live by the mantra of

I reject your reality, and substitute my own

and there is enough of them to feed off of each other.

Give it time, eventually Obama won't be in office anymore and this issue will die. The earliest date? January 20th 2013.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
It seems that every time this issue comes up the same folks come out of the woodwork to vehemently deny it.

Yeah, and the same folks come out of the woodwork to jump on the "I believe" bandwagon. Your point?

Please discuss the topic of the thread and not other members!

Originally posted by pjoelro
i repeat it like a million times there is no legal definition for natural born citizen.

Well then stop repeating it! Do you think this is news to us??? It's not. We know that! And that's NOT what this thread is about! I tried a U2U to you, but you apparently ignored it. We've been through all that.

Please people! Let's talk about the subject of this thread. Please.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I heard back from my contact.

Back in the early 1990's when I was developing consumer CD-ROM products, he was one of my first programmers. After that he moved into server-based programming for online applications, and was on the team that developed the code behind Archive.org. He also did some freelance work for me while I was in NYC.

Here's his response:

Unless there have been significant changes since I left, it's impossible to insert an artificial old page into the archive. There are a lot of ways to request the removal of outdated, embarrassing, or erroneous pages.

The link looks legitimate to me and is very interesting.

There's more "hey what's up?" type of banter in the email, but that's what he had to say about this item.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
this still doesn't prove anything. Why it doesn't prove anything?

"Canadian Born George W. Bush has decided to run for president"

look at that, kinda means ANYONE can type ANYTHING on the INTERNET.

until I see a REAL form, not something someone said, I'm inclined to believe this is BS.

I've said this before during the birther madness a few months back, but even if he wasn't born here legally, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Bush stole the damn election and nothing happened. Goldman Sachs gives out 23 billion in bonuses and nothing is happening. 2 very broad examples but they get the point across.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Unless there have been significant changes since I left, it's impossible to insert an artificial old page into the archive. There are a lot of ways to request the removal of outdated, embarrassing, or erroneous pages.

Very interesting, TY

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ive given up on the archive search but I did email the editor of the media outlet.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained but at least I tried

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368 Both were born outside the country — Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in Thailand — and graduated from high school in Honolulu — Punahou and McKinley, respectively."

That actually might be closer to the truth.

BTW that Kenyan born thing, it's just a simple misunderstanding.
Quite amusing though.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ive given up on th archive searched but I did email the editor of that paper.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I think they may have already verified this over at freeper, but I haven't read it yet today, they are good at debunking this sort of thing, I am gonna go see what they are saying about it this morning.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

My own research showed that the link was legitimate. It doesn't mean the source was legitimate.

Earlier in this thread I posted the scribd links to a debate between then Senator Obama and Keys,

This Post

I suggest the people that are really into this conspiracy, please pour over it and show me where on what page Keys says that he believes that Obama was born in Kenya and Obama replies: So what, it's not like I am running for President.

That is the information I am looking for. From the transcript, what page is it on?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I heard back from my contact.

Back in the early 1990's when I was developing consumer CD-ROM products, he was one of my first programmers. After that he moved into server-based programming for online applications, and was on the team that developed the code behind Archive.org. He also did some freelance work for me while I was in NYC.

Here's his response:

I think coding has gotten easier especially now, since there are more programs than ever that kind of write it for you. I am not an expert in this field but I feel like something as easy as falsifying information with text (I'm going to view the page source for comments or anything corresponding to the date) would be easy to do, especially convincing if it's an article.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There are a lot of people working hard to get people riled up.

I can imagine, that Rush Limbaugh, merely made his bid for a Football team, so that he could get Al Sharpton on his old gravy train screaming about the shame of it all. One side can't stand Rush, the other side can't stand Al -- you'd think the media could get someone to represent that I liked a tiny bit -- but that's the point. Rush can lick his wounds and moan about the persecution of the white man, while Goldman Sachs pays a $28 Billion bonus to execs and feasts on CIT so it can receive another bailout for gobbling up a bank.

While you guys are worrying about Obama's birth -- 40,000 more troops are being sent to Afghanistan. Did ANY Afghani even allegedly show up on one of the planes of 9/11? "Well the trained there dude!" No, the trained in places like Florida at a CIA drop air strip that later got a $25 Million contract out of the blue to handle legitimate packages on planes. But coincidences aside -- we shouldn't be in Afghanistan bringing a failed Democracy with troops in the first place. We will never subjugate those people because most of the males weren't even raised in a family -- a good portion live to die in battle.

But it's a jobs program and a wealth sink hole. Military recruiting is up -- because of the JOB MARKET. I suppose, we can be thankful that now employment can improve with the level of desperation volunteerism requires.

If some of you guys are right about the Kenyan born issue -- it would mean that babies in diapers can be formed with a full set of political beliefs to pollute the Free Market goodness and society he is raised in. If that were true -- we should invite as many Kenyans to rule this country as possible, because their belief system and way of life is more compelling.

If God needs a wack-a-doodle like Pat Robertson to force his love down my throat, or a cheap day care as a carrot to let my kid get brainwashed -- then God is petty and weak indeed.

This is a distraction issue. And the people promoting it, are probably TRYING to help Obama. There is nothing like a crowd of screaming morons to make the Left Wing intellectuals turn their heads in distaste -- let me tell you that from my heart as one of them: the "Kenyan Born" issue keeps anything this government does that might be shady in the dark. You are bringing torches when you should be using flash lights.

Likely, as always, the astro turf leaders of these organizations are having a good chuckle. While some of them just want a crazed person to go off the deep end and "take matters into their own hand." What happens to Democracy if we have another JFK event? All the laws are in place from the Bush era to turn an insurrection into full blown fascism.

Desperate people in a bad economy. Forcing windfalls on the banks and health insurance while doing a convincing job of failing to protect patients and the debtors.

None of this started with Obama -- it's been going on since Reagan. We just now got as bad an employment situation as 1982 -- you know, after all his great tax cutting created the biggest homeless and working poor calamity we'd seen since the depression. But the media told us how great our economy was then.

If you want to make a difference -- stop supporting the BAD DEEDS like war and private banking. If you threw a rock at congress and the senate right now, you'd likely NOT hit someone who wasn't bought out or extorted by a foreign interest or corporate lobbyist. Kenya, is definitely not the tale that wags the dog.

Do I have to show real disgust here -- or are some of you going to stop chasing the wrong tail?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hmmm... something doesn't smell right about this.
I'm contacting the site admins to see if this is really their article, or just a hoax.
Should be interesting...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join