It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 58
<< 55  56  57   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok. I confess I have not hunted down the sources here, because in general, I think this whole endeavor is a complete waste of time. It's one of those pursuits that gives easy outlet to inner anger, and supplants the execution of meaningful actions. It's easier to spout about unprovable claims, than to act upon what is known.

Does anyone have any idea how simple it is for someone with computer savvy to create a bogus article and put it up on google? Are you really going to tell me that magically, this article was found, when for the last year or so, it was impossible? Nobody remembered it?

I won't even give this story a listen unless the reporter who write it can step forth in person and give us his account. I apologize if this was done already and I missed it, but there isn't enough to this story yet to merit my reading a gazillion words of speculation about an issue that will get us precisely nowhere.

So.

Are there updates? Further proof of the validity of the story?

thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueTruth
Does anyone have any idea how simple it is for someone with computer savvy to create a bogus article and put it up on google? Are you really going to tell me that magically, this article was found, when for the last year or so, it was impossible? Nobody remembered it?

Familiarize yourself with the wayback machine. You would need to hack into that to show an old story there and nobody suggested that was hacked. It's a real story.

I think the same article appeared with other headlines in other publications, so that headline was specific to the Kenya publication.

The general consensus is that the publisher who ran that headline didn't do any fact checking to confirm Obama's birthplace one way or the other, and it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Maybe they just guessed and guessed wrong (or guessed right as some might suggest, but there's no proof of that). Why exactly they would make that claim without checking any facts we aren't really sure but the general thought was nationalistic pride would be a logical reason.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by TrueTruth

Familiarize yourself with the wayback machine. You would need to hack into that to show an old story there and nobody suggested that was hacked. It's a real story.

I think the same article appeared with other headlines in other publications, so that headline was specific to the Kenya publication.

The general consensus is that the publisher who ran that headline didn't do any fact checking to confirm Obama's birthplace one way or the other, and it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Maybe they just guessed and guessed wrong (or guessed right as some might suggest, but there's no proof of that). Why exactly they would make that claim without checking any facts we aren't really sure but the general thought was nationalistic pride would be a logical reason.

All I know is, according to a couple of techies I know, it's not hard to fake it, and make it look older than it is.

As of now, this is just a rumor, as tenuous as any other.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Proof Obama was born in Hawaii.
Here

Case Closed

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't understand this entire debate.
His mother was an american citizen, right?
That makes him an american citizen, Right?
No matter where he was born, Right?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenbob
I don't understand this entire debate.
His mother was an american citizen, right?
That makes him an american citizen, Right?
No matter where he was born, Right?

No that isn't right. Just the opposite in fact.

He was born on American soil, in Honolulu.

That makes him a 'Natural Born Citizen' no matter who his parents are (unless they are foreign diplomatic personnel on official assignment - but they weren't).

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Proof Obama was born in Hawaii.
Here

Case Closed

LMAO

Barrack H. Obama aka Barry Soetoro was born in Kenya and probably got his grandmother assassinated as she was the last remaining living evidence.

Well, the grandmother theory is far fetched and I don't want to offend anyone but TPTB have done worse to be honest.

Plus we got the Kenyan Ambassador ADMITTING that Barrack H Obama was born in Kenya and that they have erected a statue of him in honor, lets not forget that Kenya that day when the President was elected...ALL GOT A PUBLIC HOLIDAY! America did NOT!

Plus no doctor signature, we have only seen a SHORT birth certificate and its not enough proof, here in Ireland you need a FULL BIRTH CERTIFICATE in order to gain an Irish PASSPORT. Therefor, if Obama was running for the Irish Presidency and was claiming to be from Northern Ireland and only had a SHORT birth certificate he would NO even be able to get an Irish Passport never mind being President!

Seriously, Barrack H. Obama is treason, and its actually quite sad to see that Americans who think hes American would fight to their death in a conversation trying to state he is American. Its absurd and very embarrassing for the United States of America.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by the_denv]

[edit on 2/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If you think that is evidence take a look at this link:
look

Look at the "correction" they made about this story. How do you mistake where someone was born. It is a full blown conspiracy and the people are starting to see the smoking gun.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Alright, call me 'old school' but there use to be these things called 'newspapers' and 'magazines'...put them together with a scanner and voila...some sort of evidence that we can use to individually acquire a copy of said document.

The sad thing is, if your only reference is a screenshot (easily edited in Photoshop) of a webpage (easily created by any of a hundred different means), what you have is easily dismissed as a fake/fraud/whatever.

Get the magazine...get the newspaper...that's something tangible. That we can use!

Just a thought.

Jim

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why do people care where the man is from. For once why can't we make judgements on people based on merit instead of history or descent. If he does a good job we should keep him and enjoy him, if he does a bad job then we should get rid of him. I would actually hope he is not from another the U.S. since most of them seem to be bad at running countries. Go Kenya

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingtosay
Why do people care where the man is from. For once why can't we make judgements on people based on merit instead of history or descent. If he does a good job we should keep him and enjoy him, if he does a bad job then we should get rid of him. I would actually hope he is not from another the U.S. since most of them seem to be bad at running countries. Go Kenya

Because we don't' get to make that judgment call BY LAW... The law states that a POTUS MUST without question and without debate be a Natural Born United States Citizen...

To ask that question begs another..

Have we become so uncaring in the United States these days that it's commonplace to just ignore the law...?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

basically, yes. the law can be ignored. it is being ignored. the constitution is being ignored. obama's eligibility is the least of the problems confronting us now. we are no longer a nation of law. we are a nation of exemptions for the powerful.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

I agree the law is being ignored, but not just for the powerful. This thread is about the possibility of Obama being a legal immigrant, but I would say the immigration law is largely ignored for the over 10 million illegal immigrants already in the US who, individually at least, aren't powerful. And with unemployment at such high levels I would think we would have more reason than ever to be concerned about that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
This thread is about the possibility of Obama being a legal immigrant,

How can you be a legal immigrant, when Obama was born in Hawaii? All court cases trying to prove otherwise have failed, as they tried to show fake birth certificates and just plain lied!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Does any of what you just said change what I said about that being the topic of this thread? There are over 50 pages to read if you want to get some other viewpoints. But I agree nothing has been proven.

top topics

<< 55  56  57   >>

join