It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
just goes to show what a little media brainwashing and 5 years of forgetfullness can do

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I just found this..

web.archive.org...

Obama basks in glory as he rallies support
By Waweru Mugo and Agencies
The US Senate candidate of Kenyan descent, Mr Barack Obama, electrified the crowd at the Democratic Party’s convention held to endorse John Kerry as President Bush’s challenger at the November election.

The keynote speaker at the Democratic National Convention in Boston, Obama had a message of hope and optimism.

In his finest hour, the crowd rose to its feet with thunderous applause, as a sea of "Obama" signs waved in the air, and delegates chanted, "Obama! Obama! Obama!"

Born of a Kenyan father, Mr Hussein Onyango Obama, Obama Jnr has been described by Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior as the "best our community has ever produced".

This one has a reporters name and was written just over a month after the article that is being discussed by the same outlet.

Something fishy going on here, first they say he was Kenyan now he is Kenyan descent. Strange that the article seems to bang the drum about his upbringing so much or this could be a sign that the article is faked because the 1st article does not name a reporter. But one thing to note is the spelling of Barack it is still Barrack in the picture which would suggest its the same reporter! (Waweru Mugo)

Could also mean that the picture contains the spelling mistakes not the articles.

The second article does not have -AP at the bottom like the first.

This is interesting.

Hopefully there will be more as the day goes on.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

first they say he was Kenyan now he is Kenyan descent

It could be then, as Benevolent Heretic mentioned as a possibility, that the author of the first article, out of pride for Africa/Kenya bestowed Kenyan nationality onto Obama.

ETA: Here is exactly what Benevolent Heretic said:

2. Africa called him "Kenyan-born" because his father was from there. I know it's a stretch - I fully admit that - but the Africans I know have a pride and almost nationalism that would cause them to say such a thing, even if he wasn't actually born there. They consider him a "son of Kenya", just the same as if he were born there.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by octotom]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How is it that the media and obama can cover this up. What kind of system do we have in place that this is allowed. He BY LAW cannot be President of this country, yet he is. This is bad news for America. When he changes the length a President can be in office, then we are really in trouble!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by XXXN3O

first they say he was Kenyan now he is Kenyan descent

It could be then, as Benevolent Heretic mentioned as a possibility, that the author of the first article, out of pride for Africa/Kenya bestowed Kenyan nationality onto Obama.

I guess if we find out who the reporter is it might make more sense then?

Im interested to find out if this article is faked or not because its big news if its not especially if the reporters are the same in both articles.

If this was an error on the website they could have changed the article to correct it at the time just like other news outlets do such as BBC etc throughout the day.

Im in two minds though.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Wow! So, the Associated Press (AP) is now exposed as a CHARTER MEMBER of the "birther's movement". How unique is that! I'm sure TPTB at AP are meeting now to determine how to spin this revelation. Don't forget to wipe that egg off your face.

Why don't the Obamanites issue the long form? I mean they have had months to fabricate an acceptable certificate that would satisfy enemies of The One by now.

All is not well, even if Obama is forced to resign his position of Annointed One, you know. That means we have a Prez Biden to deal with. OMG, jump from the frying pan into the fire.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You failed to quote the part at the bottom of that article where it says:

Obama, who was born in Hawaii and grew up in Chicago, is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard University Law School.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Since our article about Barack Obama’s birth certificate came out in August, we’ve heard many frivolous claims, nutty theories and made-up facts advanced by a small clique of Obama deniers. It seems that every time a rumor is debunked, a new one crops up to take its place. Sometimes contradictory rumors even circulate simultaneously.

The most recent claim is that Obama’s short-form birth certificate is legitimate, but that it was made up after his birth in Kenya, due to a Hawaiian statute that allows children born outside the United States to obtain U.S. birth records if their parents had been legal residents of the state. The law stipulates:

Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

Unfortunately for the Obama deniers, that rule didn’t exist until 21 years after Obama’s birth. Janice Okubo at the Hawaii Department of Health told us that the law was enacted in 1982. She added, "Our current staff is not aware of any cases in which this law has been used."

This means Obama is either a natural born citizen or a time traveler. We can’t wait to debunk those e-mail rumors!

taken from

factcheck.org...

[mod edit: added Required EX tags]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Yes, so that is independent confirmation that the article does exist. I started fresh and first looked up the online version of the paper in question. Then I went to the wayback machine and looked up the date myself. Indeed the article is there.

Now, the question is, what AP reporter filed this report? The article does not list who wrote the article.

Also I listed the debate in question from Scribd.com I believe Scribd is a reliable source for information.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by whatukno]

link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
reply to post by XXXN3O

You failed to quote the part at the bottom of that article where it says:

Obama, who was born in Hawaii and grew up in Chicago, is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard University Law School.

I was just quoting the top section, it would have been a large quote if I quoted the whole article.

Everyone can click the link.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

4. The guy who wrote the article didn't get his facts. He messed up Obama's name, why couldn't he mess up his birthplace?

Could it also be because of this mispelling of Obamas name, that this article survived the online cleansing that it's been said occured. ?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Wow! So, the Associated Press (AP) is now exposed as a CHARTER MEMBER of the "birther's movement". How unique is that! I'm sure TPTB at AP are meeting now to determine how to spin this revelation. Don't forget to wipe that egg off your face.

Why don't the Obamanites issue the long form? I mean they have had months to fabricate an acceptable certificate that would satisfy enemies of The One by now.

All is not well, even if Obama is forced to resign his position of Annointed One, you know. That means we have a Prez Biden to deal with. OMG, jump from the frying pan into the fire.

it is this mentallity that i speculate that they dont even bother addressing the issue further due to the fact that people will simply say it is ficticous an/or fake altered or something. What proof would it take??? you make it seem that even a long form would not be enough to make you believe anyways, so whats the use to agrue? at least please answer these questions for me. and oh btw i dont like obama either. i am just not blinded by hate or disinformation. it is stuff like this "conspiracy" theory that discredits real ones.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by pjoelro]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I'm surprised this article wasn't found sooner. I wonder if any more old Obama articles like this that say he was born in Kenya will be popping up on the web soon.

Possibly you would find more if you had the time to go through thousands if not millions of google.com or archive.org search results.

Ko3

[edit on 15-10-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Question, how do you get from Kenya to Hawaii?Shouldn't someone be able to find airline records of his mother traveling to Hawaii?
A fundamental tenet of the Birther's faith is Immaculate Migration. Obama's mother was able to miraculously teleport from Hawaii to Kenya, just moments before birth; deliver the great evil one; and pop back in time for the evening news. All without customs records.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Great find! An article from the following month with conflicting information...

From that article:

I'm leaning toward this explanation, but looking forward to seeing what SO finds out...

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
2. [The writer] called him "Kenyan-born" because his father was from there. I know it's a stretch - I fully admit that - but the Africans I know have a pride and almost nationalism that would cause them to say such a thing, even if he wasn't actually born there. They consider him a "son of Kenya", just the same as if he were born there.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Now, the question is, what AP reporter filed this report? The article does not list who wrote the article.
Furthermore, how often is an AP article only carried by one news outlet? Shouldn't there be a hundred other newspapers who bought and ran that same article within days of the one in the East African Standard?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
After going through some of the links posted by others on this thread, it appears as if many have been scrubbed.

This is interesting, though. This link still shows a listing for the Obama headline, but when the link is hit, up pops the "404 Error" message.

Why the listing, for all this time, of a headline in their newspaper if none existed?

Could it be that a small newspaper in Kenya doesn't have the technical expertise to remove an embedded article listing such as this headline as quickly as they can remove the headline's article itself?

Does anyone know the technical answer to this question?

archive.wn.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by LeelaSavage]

link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Exactly, this is the associated press, and on the main associated press website if we look at the past articles in those archives, we do not see the same article.

link   
Ive seen several times in this thread that all he has to do is show the long form and the birthers will go away. Think about this for a second. Why would he not show the long form? There are really only two possible answers for this.

A) He really isnt a natural born citizen and therefore he is legally inelligable to be POTUS.

or

B) He really is a natural born citizen but likes the division that is going around in this country.

Think about it for a second. If he is legally POTUS, why would he show it, just from a purely political move that is? If he has it, maybe he just wants people arguing with each other about this so he can do something with the other hand. Its really not that far of a stretch honestly. The old look at this hand while i smack you in your face with the other lol.

Honestly, if people are still going with the "he said this government will have transparency and therefore he should show his birth cert" argument still then you are clearly living in denial. THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY. Its like every other POTUS canidate coming up to the podium to say "Im going to fix healthcare/education/the war/etc". They are just pulling on your heart strings to get a vote. Why do you think that Congressmen, when runnin for reelection like to point out how much federal $'s they brought back to their disctricts thru legislation? Its another pull to get you to like them. "Yeah, forget about all the other crap that they did, I got a new bridge in my county, awesome." Meanwhile they are voting for the omnibus bill, more bailouts, more stimul-not packages, etc.

Its kinda like those people that Rush was talking about that were in detroit and were lining up for handouts from Obama. Yeah, sure, the dude straight up isnt going to do half of the stuff he promised (i.e. repeal the Patriot Act, stop the wars, have transparency...all that just to start), but he is giving me a $250 check so he is the man and he has my vote.

People need to start pullin their heads outa there butts and see whats really going on. I dont care how much money the dude gives me. Whats the point of him givin me $500,000 if he is just going to tax it all at 60% and then have another tax on it and another till i end up oweing more than i actually received? Whats the point in him giving me $500k if he is going to take away my freedoms so i cant do jack with the money?

I personally believe that this is all just a ploy so he can keep the infighting up between the people that trully believe that he is just another puppet of TPTB and the people that completely disagree with his policys. And even if he isnt a natural born citizen he is using it as a ploy by not showing the long form so that he can continue with TPTB's agenda. And if it turns out that he really isnt a n.b.c. then it will trully show that he is strongly backed by some people that are up high cause it aint comin easy to get the info.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

Wouldn't they have got the facts straight before he was elected President? Would they have checked before he was even allowed to run or do they let him run, get elected and then say, oh yeah by they way we need to have a look at your birth certificate?

"they"????

It's quite possible that you trust the government, mainstream media and the PTB way too much for your own good and the good of the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join