It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
IMPORTANT: People really need to go back and read the ENTIRE thread. There are at least two linked articles from 2004, from two different US publications, BOTH of which state Obama was born outside the U.S. Further, they are written by two different reporters.

Also, there is an excellent post with a linked article that refers to a campaign in which a woman whose last name is Duckworth - if I remember correctly - is running for a political office and gets Obama to endorse her.

Duckworth, the candidate, says in this article that she is thrilled that Obama is endorsing her for this position (I don't remember which one). She goes on to talk about the unique bond that she and Obama share by being born in another country and then attending school in Hawaii.

That is important because, by claiming they "share a special connection", it shows that they had actually discussed it.

You do not share a common bond with someone and not know whether or not it's true.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Since this article is supposedly published on an African news publication. Why would Africa even care about a US state senate race. It would have no relevence in Africa unless there were some other reason Africans would care about it.... Say it was about Obama, but he is not from Africa. So why bother with this story at all?

That is an excellent point. The fact of the matter is, on the bottom of the article there is "AP." That can either mean Associated Press, OR African Press.

The key is to find out and link it back to the Associated Press if they did indeed write that article. Corroboration is needed in order to verify it, otherwise, this will be another dead link and will go nowhere.

But I didn't think about that yet: Why would an African news source publish an article about then unknown aspiring Senator, Barack Obama?

He was such an unknown back then, whoever wrote the article misspelled his first name.

If this was truly written by someone at the AP, there should be a way to corroborate it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Seems to me the people that were hired by Obama to scrub and make this story go away may have missed one.

But it's ok because he'll still get an award for at least trying.

Don't you mean "hoping"?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Lets just ignore the Hawaiian state confirmation of his short form for a minute, the lack of any solid evidence concerning his birth in Kenya and lets just look towards afew examples of what other news articles themselves.

Heres a newspaper from the Hawaiian advertiser dated december 14, 2006

The Democrats have formed a steering committee to link with activists in 26 states who want Obama, who was born in Honolulu and graduated from Punahou School, to launch a presidential campaign. Obama has said he is considering a run, and he appeared last weekend before audiences

the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

Heres another one from the Honolulu star bulliten dated March 21st 2004

Veteran political observers and Democratic Party insiders throughout the country had written off this Hawaii-born civil rights lawyer, law professor and Illinois state senator who was trying to win that state's Democratic nomination for U.S. senator.

archives.starbulletin.com...

BBC world reports back in 2006 that Obama visits Kenya:

US Senator Barack Obama has visited one of Africa's largest slums in the Kenyan capital on the fourth day of his trip to his late father's homeland.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Another Kenyan online newspaper called the east african, dated November 2004:

But lal has a number of figurative meanings – to lose a line of thought, to deviate from the norm, to discard tradition. Simply by being born and growing up in America, Barack Junior had never been a Luo: He had lal.

www.theeastafrican.co.ke...

This link here is to "the standard" website:
www.standardmedia.co.ke...

I could not find any claim in th archives as to Obama being Kenyan born, infact I could not find the article itself. The only link I got to the "Kenyan sunday standard" claim obama to be "Kenyan born" was through the archives machine vai other websites.... no direct link. If somebody can give me the link to the original website would be much appreciated.

Even if it was the actual article, the fact still stands that it conflicts with 99% of other articles written in reference to Obamas birth place. It doesnt certainly help to buy into one or two articles that contradict the rest, which tend to be more major news outlets.

Right now all we have is "claims" from afew authors based on the assumption that he or she got their fact correct, in contradiction to the vast majority of otherwebsites who clearly state Obama to be Hawaii born.

Lets not forget also that WND is pushing for this again, and the history of debunking and hoax's WND has pushed through. But yes I think the best thing to do is contact the author or the articles source and verify where they got their facts from.

SG

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manwin

The poster Whatuknow posted a link to a long transcript of the Keyes vs. Obama debate, back in 2004. So far I have went through the first page (it's quite long), but found no mention of Kenya. There are two more pages of transcripts that I haven't read yet -- it's a tedious task.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Manwin]

Just do a word search for the word "Kenya"?

Click "Edit" and then "find" or similar.

You lot make me laugh though (not you manwin). You're always going on about how trusting anything from the media would be insane but as soon as something comes out of it which reinforces your ideology, you jump all over it, shouting "it's in the press, so it must be true!!".

You can't have it both ways. As someone said above, reporters often make mistakes or don't research properly.

The mention though of the woman who suggested that she and Obama spoke about their similarity in being born in another country and studying in Hawaii is interesting though.

Anyway. You have a good president there! After the last shower you should be jumping for joy! It really leaves a sour taste in my throat the way many of you are so desperate to get him out, more so than you were with Bush. If he had done something half as wrong as the last regime, I could understand it but it seems to many people that you want him out for... other, more distasteful and ugly reasons.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Only thing I would like to know is how come everyone on this site screams and shouts that ALL media is lying to all of us, UNLESS they happen to say something you want to hear?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitus impudicus
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

From time to time I "copy the mail" on the Obama birthplace issue. I'm puzzled by the lack of mention of his mothers present day physical location. Why hasn't some one looked her up and asked her where Obama was born. If anyone knows, she knows. Is she dead? I'm curious.

Yes, she is dead. In fact there was a big stink not too long ago over the Mormon Church posthumously baptizing her Mormon. Yes... they actually do that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've received word from the original source that one of his contacts still in the media has located corroborating versions of the AP story on micro-fiche archives of US-based sources (trying to ascertain exactly where)... but that the specific story is unavailable from AP subscribers.

More info as I have it... and hopefully a copy or two of the other sources.

Stay tuned.

Staying tuned. Thanks for the update. Extra copies and sources would be great.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have heard a lot about the AP being scrubbed etc. but is it possible that this story just never came from the AP. Maybe the reporter put the AP part in there to make it seem more credible. That seems very possible to me as the story wasn't carried anywhere else.

As far as those who keep on about him just showing his long form BC, that isn't just as simple as you make it sound. McCain as far as I am aware never made this document available regardless of what many are saying. He provided the same "short-form" that every other president shows. The same "short-form" that I and everyone else gets from state vital records agencies. Out of curiosity I visited the VA dept of vital statistics in Richmond (I was born in VA) and tried to obtain the original or an exact copy of the long form BC they keep archived. I was told that that document cannot be released to me or anyone else. That the certified copy (the same "short-form" that Obama has released) was all that would be given to me.

The only thing in this thread that I have found interesting was the link to the article about Ms. Duckworth that states that Obama was born in Indonesia.

That made me start thinking. If I were in charge and knew that Obama was born in Indonesia therefore ineligible for the office of POTUS how would I cover it up? Oh yeah, lets make up a BS story about him being born in Kenya. By the time we finish making all these birthers look like idiots in the public eye no one will take seriously a claim that he was born yet someplace else.... Not that I am subscribing to that particular conspiracy, it's just a thought.

Another thought that I have had is that maybe the entire birther movement was began by TPTB. I mean if they want to establish a new government in the U.S. that would make sense wouldn't it?

Step 1: Engage in an unjust war that is long enough lasting to put the people in a state of war weariness
Step 2: destroy the economy and the US dollar leaving the population in a state of financial despair.
Step 3: Have the first black POTUS elected, and give him the Nobel Peace Prize and the admiration of foreign leaders.
Step 4: Have the POTUS impeached for a technicality and spin it as race related.
Step 5: The resulting race war escalates into Civil War 2. Impose Martial Law and turn the military on its own people sending the nation into a complete state of chaos.
Step 6: In the name of peace instate a new government that accepts a new world-wide form of currency, and is more open to entering the U.S. into a union with other World nations to form a new United Superpower.
Step 7: this new Superpower will be unstoppable and will lead inevitably to a One World Government.

Hey, it seems as viable as anything else that I have heard, and if it is true there is one way to stifle this plan, at least temporarily; Accept the fact that Obama is POTUS for the next 3 years at least whether you like it or not then do your part and vote in the next election.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I'm surprised this article wasn't found sooner. I wonder if any more old Obama articles like this that say he was born in Kenya will be popping up on the web soon.

A couple of things I noticed.

At the bottom is has an AP -

That means it came off of the AP wire somewhere.

The second thing I found really odd, it that if you go to the site front page and search "Obama", it pulls up nothing.

I have a hard time believing that there were no stories on Obama for that paper.
So, either there search feature is bad, or several words have been blocked
or the sites have been scrubbed clean and this little one got left behind.

I don't think its full proof evidence, but I find it very funny that the left has to run around and come up with excuses and to lighten it up.

One of the most interesting things, is why would they even know to say that he was from Kenyan in the first place?

Yes, why would they say that back in 2004? He was a nobody for the most part. They would not know about the birther movement four years later.

And why would they scrub the 'evidence' off the internet unless there's something to hide?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Since this article is supposedly published on an African news publication. Why would Africa even care about a US state senate race. It would have no relevence in Africa unless there were some other reason Africans would care about it.... Say it was about Obama, but he is not from Africa. So why bother with this story at all?

Simple.

Because the Africans are very proud that one of their own - Obama - made it big in the U.S. and they want everyone else to know how proud they are.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Excellent Post!!!!!!!
It does settle it...but what? What it settles is the fact that nothing is going to be done about it. There is an agenda here that is far bigger that any citizen's complaint. The powers behind this man know that he is from Kenya and that has nothing to do with why he is in power. Unless of course once certain policies get through they want to bring about chaos by revealing his origins and causing everything that he has done, every policy passed, and every executive order signed to become null and void. I can only imagine the problems that would cause, possibly even another civil war.
The obvious agenda is to destroy America. Right now, there are so many possible paths to reach their goal that it is very difficult (at least for me) to determine which path they will take. Surely, that too must be part of the process. We that are trying to be wise and prepare are kept off balance. Will is be financial callapse, ...well perhaps I am getting off topic so I will stop here. Yes, he is from Kenya. If it were an issue that they could make go away, especially as easy as it would be to do so, they would have done it already.
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
I don't think that the republican members of the house and senate would let him get placed into office had he not actually been born in this country. It's fine if you don't like the guy. I don't think he has been a particularly effective leader thus far, but I also don't see the need to question the validity of his presidency either. If all members of congress accept the presidency as valid, I'm going to have to accept that.

well, with all the previous dodging from the courts.. did any of them 'have standing' to bring the question up to force the issue as to his long form BC vs the short form COLB? That's been a big factor and stumbling block.

remember, hawaii only confirmed they have his BC, they have never said anything that is on it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

So, yet ANOTHER article from a different African paper states that Obama was born in Africa ...
[edit on 15-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

Yes, even you are now admitting that the evidence from Africa that obama was actually born there is starting to pile up.

Why so much coming from Africa, but not so much from the U.S.?

My theory on that is that the people here trying so desperately to "cleanse" his record for him are not able to get to the documentation in Africa as easily as they can here.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here, again, is the excerpt from the Honolulu Advertiser:

"Very rarely have I met a more impressive person than Tammy Duckworth," said Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in an article the day before she announced her candidacy Dec. 18. "She just has the poise and exudes the type of character that I think would make her an astounding public servant."

Duckworth is happy to point out that she and Hawai'i-raised Punahou graduate Obama have "a kama'aina connection."

Both were born outside the country — Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in Thailand — and graduated from high school in Honolulu — Punahou and McKinley, respectively.
Link: the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

Pay attention to ONLY the part in bold type, not the reporter's writing that he was born in Indonesia. Look only at the exact quote from Duckworth.

Two things:

1. She specifically says: Hawaii - RAISED
which is not important until she mentions the "connection"

2. What is a "kama'aina connection"?

Kama`aina, Hawaiian for "child of the land."

Link: www.hightechmaui.com...

OK...so of course...they are children of the land of Hawaii? Right?

Well, no:

Duckworth was born in Bangkok, Thailand, to Frank Duckworth and Lamai S., a native of Thailand. She has a brother, Tom. Her family moved around Southeast Asia due to her father's work with the United Nations and international companies, and she is fluent in both Thai and Indonesian.[7]

The family settled in Hawaii when she was 16. She graduated with honors from McKinley High School in 1985, after skipping the ninth grade. She graduated from the University of Hawaii in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science, and received a Master of Arts in international affairs from George Washington University.[8].

Duckworth was working towards a Ph.D. in political science at Northern Illinois University with research interests in the political economy and public health in southeast Asia when she was deployed to Iraq in 2004. She also worked as a staff supervisor at Rotary International headquarters in Evanston, Illinois.[9][10]

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

Can someone please explain to me how two people can be "children of the land" if they are from two totally different lands?
Note: Duckworth being from Thailand is not at all in question.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Here, again, is the excerpt from the Honolulu Advertiser:

And heres anotherone dated december 14, 2006

The Democrats have formed a steering committee to link with activists in 26 states who want Obama, who was born in Honolulu and graduated from Punahou School, to launch a presidential campaign. Obama has said he is considering a run, and he appeared last weekend before audiences

the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

Infact almost all the articles in the archive claim Obama be Hawaiian born. There may be 1-3 articles that assumed he was born outside of Hawaii.

She specifically says: Hawaii - RAISED

He said, she said, they said. You want to believe what she said, or what the author behind a small time news article said, and refuse to believe what everybody else, including the state officials have being saying.

You choose to believe so because you choose to believe the president is not really your president.

SG

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
... the lack of any solid evidence concerning his birth in Kenya...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

Well, I don't know where he was born and there is obviously a lot of confusion around that. However, his grandmother publicly stated that her grandson BHO was born in Kenya. I don't know about your grandparents but mine know where I was born.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
...Duckworth is happy to point out that she and Hawai'i-raised Punahou graduate Obama have "a kama'aina connection."

Both were born outside the country — Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in Thailand — and graduated from high school in Honolulu — Punahou and McKinley, respectively.
Link: the.honoluluadvertiser.com... ...

...2. What is a "kama'aina connection"?

Kama`aina, Hawaiian for "child of the land."

Link: www.hightechmaui.com...

OK...so of course...they are children of the land of Hawaii? Right?

Can someone please explain to me how two people can be "children of the land" if they are from two totally different lands?
Note: Duckworth being from Thailand is not at all in question.

In Hawai'i, a Kama`aina is someone who has lived on the islands for a long time, not necessarily a native-born Hawai'ian. It's their way of say someone's a local.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yes, even you are now admitting that the evidence from Africa that obama was actually born there is starting to pile up.

I'm not "admitting" anything. I was simply bringing another piece of information to the table. If I were to look at the body of evidence on the table, it OVERWHELMINGLY suggests that Obama was born in Hawaii, with a few wisps of paper stating otherwise (Kenya, Indonesia, alien, etc.) My opinion on that has not wavered one bit. I'm just being open-minded. You should try it.

reply to post by lpowell0627

Good work! It doesn't make sense unless someone is stating that Obama was born in Thailand. Is that the latest?
Sorry. Obviously, the journalist reporting this didn't know what he was talking about.

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
However, his grandmother publicly stated that her grandson BHO was born in Kenya.

That has been completely debunked. The tape was edited. She was talking about Obama Sr. and later in the same recording says that Obama Jr. was born in Hawaii. See the transcript here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Logic dictates that any information that could have connected Obama to a Kenya birth is long gone. Since he has been in office for ten months now, he has the power, resources, and influence to make everything disappear. It would have been covered up by now.

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
Why doesn't Obama just toss all of his paperwork out on the table in order to shut everyone up. Isn't that what you would do? It's what I would do!

If Obama did put everything on the table now, none of the birthers would believe him anyway. Why bother. As I said to Sheeper above, Obama has been in power for ten months now. Any evidence that would have connected him to Kenya is long-long gone. Anything that Obama produces would be scrutinized by his opposition.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Pathos]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join