It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I smell despiration. This is similar to the Republican emails spewing this garbage, and opening up with "I checked this on Snopes, and it's a fact" to lull people into not fact-checking for themselves.

When any Republican politician makes the front page with another scandal, how many times has Fox News run the news segment with a (D) in front of the senator's name? Too many to count... Don't believe everything you read sheeple.

Trust, but verify - your life could depend on it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
reply to post by lpowell0627

I was thinking that too about how his opponent was exposed in a sex scandal. That totally reeks of powerful behind the scenes manipulation. I'm sure the republican was committing sex scandals, but "they" only want controversy to surface when they want it to.

What is also evident of Obama's "power" is that he began emailing details of the Republican's divorce records -- aka the sex scandal -- BEFORE a judge granted permission for them to be unsealed.

The Ryan campaign characterized Obama's shift as hypocritical, because Obama's alleged backers had been emailing reports about the divorce records prior to Judge Schnider's decision.[8]

Link: en.wikipedia.org...(politician)

Anybody want to take a guess as to how a community organizer running for a first term as senator manages to get his hands on sealed documents?

And some of posts said that they thought the NWO wouldn't go through all of this trouble for Obama to become President?? Apparently, they were willing to go through the trouble before he was even senator!!!

As for another question -- could these articles be the work of a 'hacker'? Possibly of course, but highly unlikely as now we have articles from different publications owned by different corporations. In other words, if all of the articles appeared on sites run by say, the Times Company, then it would be more plausible.

I find it difficult to accept that a hacker is tapping into multiple different online media sites and posting false articles -- all without any mention on any site that this is happening?? Doubtful.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I think I'll buy what state officials confirm to me as opposed to what somebody assumed on a small time online news site.

hahahah since when did the state officials tell 'We the People' truths now?

Are you to assume that every author, pundit, anchor has his or her facts straight?

uhhh if this author isnt bias in anyway.. im sure that it is this persons J-O-B to find out the most recent of facts about a person before any publishing is ever done. hahahah too funny...

good find ;j star and flagg... this guys obama need to shove a long form document or something on tv and say like. IN YO FACE!!! lol but until then.. guilty!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't think it's a hacker, I just think it's negligent reporting.

HAVE WE YET TO SEE A REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM KENYA?

Oh, God, I just also thought: Orly Taitz...

That nutcase is now going to hold onto this...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by n2neee

I think it is biased.

Because, President Obama has long been known to have a diverse relationship with his relatives in Africa.

I wouldn't be so surprised that a reporter thought he was born in Kenya...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've received word from the original source that one of his contacts still in the media has located corroborating versions of the AP story on micro-fiche archives of US-based sources (trying to ascertain exactly where)... but that the specific story is unavailable from AP subscribers.

More info as I have it... and hopefully a copy or two of the other sources.

Stay tuned.

Yeah, no doubt it is not available. I mean at this point an alien ship could land, a reptilian get out and tell us he was the one who put Obama in his mom's womb and watched him be born in Kenya, and no one would believe it.

Let's face it, there has been a massive coverup of this by his minions. Problem is, they won't be able to cover every single thing, and here is just one example of what has slipped through the cracks. And no sooner than this was posted here or elsewhere, the telephones rang at the webarchives with threats from the same people who threatened the media talk show hosts from his administration.

They'll bury this one too, unless someone moves quick. So I applaud your efforts to get to the bottom of this SO.

I will contend that the AP in no way shape or form would have published that article if it weren't true. Notice how in the article, the issue of "Kenyan-born" is not the issue at all in the article, and is never even mentioned again, other than in the headline. It is stated so matter of factly, like "everyone knows this" or "if they don't, they do now."

In fact, what is even weirder is that why the author would mention that at all! What were they trying to accomplish by mentioning "Kenyan-born" when the article was about the other guy dropping out of the race?

And further, you have to question why Obama himself would not object to the article if it weren't true, because they clearly interviewed him to get a response to the other guy dropping out of the race!!! And back in those days, vying for a senate seat, what do you want to bet that article is probably in Obama's personal archives somewhere?

The fact is no one expected him at the time to become President, so then it didn't matter.

WELL IT FRICKEN MATTERS NOW!!!

That has got to be one of the best finds in recent memory on ATS, and I for one applaud the "gawdy" banner. ATS rules!

And oh yeah, star, flag, and smiles here.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by n2neee

this guys obama need to shove a long form document or something on tv and say like. IN YO FACE!!! lol but until then.. guilty!

The fact that he wont makes me lose respect for him,

Is he playing some sort of game?

All sorts of thoughts run through ones mind.

Out of respect for the nation he is running, and those who are concerned, a honest leader, might step up to the plate and lay this thing to rest.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Ahh, here we go!

It's a cover-up! Man, how long did that take for it to come in! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, President Obama is covering up the AP Source, but not the original article!

*Shakes head.*

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

I never rule out negligent reporting. HOWEVER, a few pages back you will see yet another article, from a completely different reporter, from a completely different publication, that also says Obama was not born in the USA.

That publication included a quote from another politician (Duckworth) that Obama was endorsing while senator in which she said that Obama was born in Indonesia.

Edit to add: That politician also goes on to say that she and Obama are bonded by their out of country births. To say such a thing, they have obviously discussed it.

Don't you find it odd that apparently many a reporter and many a publication has been "mistaken"?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by n2neee

this guys obama need to shove a long form document or something on tv and say like. IN YO FACE!!! lol but until then.. guilty!

The fact that he wont makes me lose respect for him,

Is he playing some sort of game?

All sorts of thoughts run through ones mind.

Out of respect for the nation he is running, and those who are concerned, a honest leader, might step up to the plate and lay this thing to rest.

A man with rights shouldn't have the need to.

He showed his short form, both online and offline. That proved he was born in the country, in Hawaii, to his mother.

He doesn't need to show his long form.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I will contend that the AP in no way shape or form would have published that article if it weren't true. Notice how in the article, the issue of "Kenyan-born" is not the issue at all in the article, and is never even mentioned again, other than in the headline. It is stated so matter of factly, like "everyone knows this" or "if they don't, they do now."

That is a darn good point , it wasn't an issue, it wasn't like they were trying to expose his place of birth, it was just, where he was born,

Maybe, lol
Good point.

[edit on 013131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's because it wasn't an issue in order to run for senator. That's what makes this reporting more likely to be accurate -- they weren't trying to cover up anything.

You can be a senator if you are not born in the USA. However, you can not be POTUS.

They had no reason back then to make an issue out of his birthplace. My guess is that's why it is stated so matter of factly.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by j2000
Can anyone defend this one Please?

BH - SG - anyone?

Google the phrase “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency” and you'll see that there's exactly ONE source. And that is the one you posted.

Where did this "retort" come from?

hey BH....i checked the current east african standard site...no reference...on the one in the original post, it won't let you go to that week in archives, but every other week you can and there is nothing.
on th AP site....nothing
also no byline..who wrote it? and it doesn't even give the AP byline, who wrote it for AP?
it's just like you said, that is the ONLY reference to it...it smells like fish in the sun, if you ask me.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by Mak Manto

I never rule out negligent reporting. HOWEVER, a few pages back you will see yet another article, from a completely different reporter, from a completely different publication, that also says Obama was not born in the USA.

That publication included a quote from another politician (Duckworth) that Obama was endorsing while senator in which she said that Obama was born in Indonesia.

Don't you find it odd that apparently many a reporter and many a publication has been "mistaken"?

Yeah, I do.

One source says he's born in Kenya, the other says he's born in Indonesia.

Hell, I read one that stated Obama was born in Ghana.

Don't you think it's a bit weird that nobody has a straight story?

Obama's been the only with evidence...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

NO he doesn't have to, McCain I guess didn't have to either, but he did.

It is the principal of the thing, if you get my drift?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Just returned from the task of reading the Obama vs. Keyes debates of 2004.

I personally speed read the three debates and found no mention of the quoted statements, "natural born citizen" or "So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency", by either Keyes or Obama.

Is that what you were asking?

It would be great if someone else would scan them for those terms. My iphone isn't capable of global search.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's because it wasn't an issue in order to run for senator. That's what makes this reporting more likely to be accurate -- they weren't trying to cover up anything.

You can be a senator if you are not born in the USA. However, you can not be POTUS.

They had no reason back then to make an issue out of his birthplace. My guess is that's why it is stated so matter of factly.

Yes

Yes exactly, and I remember his run for senator I live here.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Also, Skeptic, don't you think it was a bit "grandiose" to make this big yellow link, thinking you have information that has exposed Obama, yet you're not sure of the AP status of the article.

It's like, "don't count your chickens before they hatch."

This is getting phonier by the minute...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Mak Manto

NO he doesn't have to, McCain I guess didn't have to either, but he did.

It is the principal of the thing, if you get my drift?

I would agree with you there IF there was major evidence that Obama was born in Kenya, or wherever else...

Nobody yet has shown that to be true, or shown any substantial proof...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
we are chasing the republican ghost machine again, things just appear to them out of thin air....i'm done with this

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join