It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis want US to pay for reducing oil usage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

If this "pymt" happens, it will be via a buried tax... No way the govt. will let it out in the open, IMO

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
After this "recession" the oil rigs in Wyoming (or a ton of them) closed down which resulted in mass layoffs. The riggers have no way to feed their families now. There are so many unused oil wells here with tons of oil just waiting to be harvested. Hmmmm...

I say we start opening these back up and give some hard working Americans their jobs back!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The funny thing is that US Power Utilities already do this same thing. You get charged for the Electricity that you do not use as well as charged for the Electricity that you do use.

If you purposely restrict your Electricity usage, your Power Utility Bill does not go down, but could actually go up!

On my Monthly Statement it is called "Supply Service Energy Block" and it is twice what my "Energy Usage Charge" is a month.

The US Power Utilities also charge you a monthly for "Energy Conservation Charge".

So, the Saudis want to get in on the same action. It's like when AT&T charges the equivalent of $50 billion dollars for SMS Text Messages equivalent to a $20 Internet Connection...so all of the Phone Companies jump on the bandwagon to do the same, because they all like the sound of those kind of profits ($50 billion dollars of revenue for $20 a month in Infrastructure costs? Name me one industry that has that kind of markup? The next closest is Black Gold, a.k.a. Printer Ink, which has a far greater markup than Black Oil or Gold.).

It's greed and since the US Power Utilities are doing it, the Saudis want to do it to...and they will. Next they will make Oil a Service rather than a Product, and charge a Monthly Rate regardless of whether you use it or not.

If someone can nickel and dime you to death, they will.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sadly my ATS members that is exactly what we wil be doing if the "crap" and trade bill is passed in congress, we will be paying taxes for the sole reason of breathing air, so I would not be surprise if the House of Saud prince get some of that tax for his Royal coffers, I mean (pockets).

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

If this "pymt" happens, it will be via a buried tax... No way the govt. will let it out in the open, IMO

Unfortunately for the Government, they are full of leaks, like the holes in Swiss cheese.

Each and every single time one of these schemes and scams gets thought up, one of those closest to the schemers and scammers, always leaks it out.

If it is not one of the members of Congress trying to leak it for the media attention, it is one of their interns doing it as revenge for not getting a job promised to them after utilizing kneepads under the table, or worse yet a female employee who had a male Senator who promised to leave his wife.

Washington D.C. is about as secure as a submarine with a screen door for fish watching.

The Al Saud family is so closely tied to the Washington elite though that whenever they fart someone in D.C. is asking if they can wipe their butts.

I have zero respect for the Al Saud family because if they had not found oil the American Government would not have cozied up to them like family smoozing and suckling at the oil rich teat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join