It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Earthquake Swarm at Yellowstone- October 14, 2009

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by nikiano

Gee thanks for making me feel safe in ol' blighty!

did you mean "hundred's of millions" instead of "hundred's of billions", gonna be a quick death due to the fact there is only 7 billion of us sorry lot

It happened before and it will happen again.

Well it might look like that if its hundreds of billions. Just trying to build a picture here.

I do not think that anyone can say exactly what would happen if yellowstone does erupt because it has never happened in our time but it will happen at some point.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
All's quiet in northern Utah.

Nothing on the news, even.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yellowstone is constantly rumbling. everyday. It has a geyser system that goes off like clockwork. It is in large part a huge volcano caldera that is active below. It's a supervolcano after all and yes, one day it will go off and darken earth for a few years at least.

There is activity beneath it, everyday, all day, since they found the place. That hasn't changed, just the instruments for detection.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi

What just happened at red lodge ?

Red Lodge Webicorder

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by nikiano
....could be activated into the atmosphere, and circle the earth 9 times and kill off hundreds of billions of people.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by nikiano]

There's only 6.7 billion people on the planet.

Oops! Typo! I just pulled a "Sagan." (Billions and billions....)

Thanks for the catch. I meant hundreds of millions.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Is there any evidence of this? It seems to be nothing more than a scare tactic if you ask me. you're hypeing all of this with absolutely NO evidence of your claims. Who are you and what are you're credentials? Where's the charts and where do you work?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

The fact that Yellowstone is an active Supervolcano is well known inside and outside of Scientific circles. Rather than trolling, you could have spent 5-10 seconds on google or wikipedia and confirmed the thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

You live in Layton? I live in Evanston 4 miles off the Wyoming border.

Nothing here either. The thing is 500 microns is not heavy enough for us to actually feel. Not very well anyway. We probably didn't even notice. Yellowstone better not blow up...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Exactly, YellowStone better not blow up. If it does, we're screwed.
And you guys are lucky then, 'cause it'll be very fast.
On the other side of the pond, however
, people have to face all the eerie side-effects of the biggest volcano in the world blowing up. Provided that it's the biggest volcano, but, what the heck, it's big enough for our annihilation.

In Holland I could watch the fireworks really well I guess. Hmm a bright point after all

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
is it possible that the inner core of earth is moving faster...regarding the rumbling ...lots of EQ in the pacific ..the scollars are surley under tension these days

external forces are also possible... thnking of a liquid bubble named earth in space...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The yellowstone topic still exist!..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
all tremors in triangle YMR/YLA/YPP that is between the uplifts ??? ...the middle section now rising too????

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

No, not for fun, for digging tunnels. Tunnels are being "publicly" built all the time. Although I have no doubt there are secret tunnels, does any one have evidence of these "secret" tunnels? Not looking for a fight. I really want to know, is there evidence. I have heard about the guy who died who said there where alien bases and such. Cant remember his name right now. I have seen the photo of the US Airforce machine. Why the air force has a tunnel machine I dont know. What other evidence. Just curious. Also If they are digging under towns, lets say a mile or so under ground, could you feel it?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Maybe they are drilling new holes for the underground trains or their underground bases? Anyway all of them will be flooded if it all happens the way Patrick Geryl describes in the interview with Project Camelot.

If he is right, were history, that's it guys we are dog food in that scenario.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Yes tunnels are publicly built all the time, and these Tunnel Boring Machine's are used to dig those tunnels. Those quality photos I had linked are of machines built for making tunnels. This one:

Originally posted by Paroxysm
www.herrenknecht.com...

was built specifically for digging a new tunnel for a highway in Madrid. They are often custom built for what their intended dig/project. I don't have too much to offer you in the way of concrete proof of "secret" military bases, but it's not like the military hasn't already "publicly" announced and built underground bases before. Remember Cheyenne Mountain (aka Norad)?
Cheyenne Mountain Pic

I don't know if you would "feel" any surface trembles when they are operating them under you, but I'm pretty confident that they would show up as very small "EQ's" on seismograph's. Here's the best I can offer you in the way of any proof of these:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
hay guys, is it time for the bi-annual yellowstone panic thread yet?

Ok seriously though, while interesting to watch the pretty jagged lines on the monitors, do we seriously have to panic and go off the deep end every time that place burps?

Unless you see some massive ground movement there, I'm not sure it should even warrant staying up late. micro earthquake clusters in yellowstone is like saying the sun will come up tomorrow.

Really, until the USGS gets antsy and starts screaming 'eruption imminent!', why should you? honestly.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Great video! I wondered why some of the pics were from a foreign country (foreign to the US I mean). I noticed some of the car license plates and they were from Europe.

Also, I admit I didn't have the sound on but how long ago was this video made and where are the buildings located? I would love to look them up on Google maps.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder

Ok seriously though, while interesting to watch the pretty jagged lines on the monitors, do we seriously have to panic and go off the deep end every time that place burps?

Unless you see some massive ground movement there, I'm not sure it should even warrant staying up late.

It's called paying attention. Thinking. It's what we don't do enough of.
It's why we find ourselves so ignorant about our own lives and the life of this planet.
"Massive ground movement" would likely be too late to be paying attention.

Chances are you could probably go outside right now and find 10 people on your own block that don't even know that Yellowstone presents an issue that could wipe out the species as we know it.
Being curious - finding patterns - all are a part of critical thinking.
It's healthy and vital to survival.

Why do some people feel such an overwhelming need to put down the people who choose to THINK?

Perhaps because THEY don't want to?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
reply to post by liveandletlive

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Paroxysm]

I just read the YouTube comments about that video. Are these accurate?

The photo at 2:12 is an underground flood water reservoir in Tokyo, Japan. Its built underneath a soccer field and is used as an emergency tank for flood water during monsoons. Idiot.

This is some hilarious propaganda. Google images for NORAD in Colorado Springs and underground storage in Kansas. You can visit NORAD. It's been around for years. You can store your shi* underground in Kansas too. ha ha ha.

Before you posted this link to the youtube video, did you review it and verify it was accurate?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm noticing an increase on the stations today of what looks to be harmonic tremor. (indicating magma flow beneath the surface)

Anyone want to weigh in on this? I'm certain it's not 'wind'....and if you look at multiple stations, you will see that is on almost all of them in the yellowstone area.

Also, the quakes litsed now on USGS are all around a depth of 5-6 meters, which I think is putting them closer to where it's theorized that the magma lays, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join