It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can debunk this video? ufo morphs into an airplane.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Saw this listed on another thread in the commentary, it didn't receive much attention so thought I'd point it out. Did a brief search on it, and didn't find much.

This video is pretty intriguing, whether true or hoax I am uncertain. It basically depicts an object in the nighttime sky morphing from a six-sided orb or of sorts, to a plane. Or so it appears...

Can anyone check that the video was not cgi'd or tampered with in that regard?

What do you make of it?

www.youtube.com...

-Forget how to insert a video :/ its been a while.

anyway, check it out.

[edit on 10/14/2009 by agent violet]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Let me help with the vid embed, buddy!

Cheers,

Erik

FYI, I think this wacko lady gets way too much attention. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
oo Thanks for the imbed action redwood.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

The "6 sides" of the "orb" are the vanes of the iris aperture of the camera. When they close, they close as a polygon shape that is somewhat roundish, but often with 6 sides. You can see the shape of it whenever a camera mis-focuses on a small object.

static.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A lot of the PA stuff looks legit, but the logic on this one is just bad IMO. So they are seeing (at night) definitavely a ball of plasma (which could be atmospheric or camera distortion of a man made light source) and all of a sudden they see that it's an aircraft so the latter must be fake because it appeared to be plasma first (or in any order for that matter....)? Really?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
it's an airplane out of focus that eventually becomes focused.

Debunked

Next?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
And let me guess... they always travel the same direction? Like towards an airport.

Single light too far to tell what it is, when the plane makes radio contact with the airport they turn on the fuselage and wing lights, so it looks like a plane at that point.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The "plasma orb" becomes a "fake plane" when the camera operator finally decides to focus the lens properly. Fin.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe I just sat here watching nine minutes and thirty five seconds of approaches to Latrobe/westmorl Airport in Westmoreland County PA.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
One thing I love about threads like these is when people come in who saw the last thread about this and debunk it like it's brand new to them.

All these debunks and not one person bothered to mention it's already been posted on ATS before.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well, thanks for your comment Mr. I have been here for over 6 yrs now and I never saw this before. I don't normally pull a search function on some one else's post - can't imagine a need for it lol. If something has been posted before that I do recognize, I pretty much just move along - weird concept huh?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Well, thanks for your comment Mr. I have been here for over 6 yrs now and I never saw this before. I don't normally pull a search function on some one else's post - can't imagine a need for it lol. If something has been posted before that I do recognize, I pretty much just move along - weird concept huh?

I wasn't even referring directly to you. I didn't even see your post on the page when I went to post that.

I'm referring to the small crowd that jumped on debunking it very quickly who all happened to say the same thing. Whenever that happens on a re-post, it's because they already know what it is, but want to make it look like they've never seen it and are the first to debunk it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Odd there was another thread discussing seeingUFOspa or whatever his name is. I and other members have invited them to ATS but they refused to. Anyways this is all i have to say about it

I have seen this guys UFO videos WAY too many times. There is not a light in the night this guy will not film.

This is one of the best.
It is an orb!! no its a plane.... Wait! It is an orb that turned into a plane, that explains it. There are 3 others right next to it, you can't see them? Then this orb plane must also be surrounded by invisible UFOs

A friend of seeingUFOsPA was on ATS but it did not work out too well, same thing just a plane.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
page 8 gets pretty funny

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
it's an airplane out of focus that eventually becomes focused.

Debunked

Next?

SPOT ON 100% the poster if he bothered to look at the video would have noticed it was an out of focus object thats the trouble when you want something to be true far to much it clouds your judgement.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Exactly!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The best parts are when she starts singing, "Plasma! Plasma!" and when she mistakes a distant radio-tower for a UFO.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Yeah, that some good comedy on that thread...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
no i'm not a debunker but here's another ufo turns into airplane video

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
...I'm referring to the small crowd that jumped on debunking it very quickly who all happened to say the same thing. Whenever that happens on a re-post, it's because they already know what it is, but want to make it look like they've never seen it and are the first to debunk it.

Well, I never saw this video before, but It was obvious to me that it was a plane on approach (probably to Pittsburgh International Airport, which is less than 50 miles west of there).

The original bright "plasma ball" was probably the landing light as seen head-on (and obviously out of focus). Then as the plane started passing by, more of it could be seen.

Just because someone may come to this conclusion quickly does not mean they've seen it before. This video really isn't that hard to debunk.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Really? Com'on you can clearly see that it is out of focus and as soon as it gets close enough for the cam to focus on it more clearly it SEEMS to morph into a plane. Its probably due to the camera being old.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join