It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Scary End Of The World Article

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ok these are some pages on this Dr. Gartrell

It seems that this man has done little or nothing since 1975 and it is possible he is not even among the living. if he is he is a very old man. and if this is really him he has lost his ever loving mind! but that is just my opinion. you believe whatever you want. as for me I say this guy is a nut. rather he is Gartrell or not.

www.imo.net...

aa.springer.de...

www.blackwell-synergy.com...

People get a grip, This could be the real guy and it is just as likely it is some nut acting in his name. there are NO real solid FACTS to back up his claims and a sh__ load of speculation that is IT. I have a good source which I have no need to share who can prove beyond a doubt that there is no base in fact to any of this.

At best this is just some 35 year old with no life who gets off on scaring people. or it is a real doctor who has lost his mind. either way I'd like to find this person and give him a solid punch in the nose!

Gazz

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

God

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This thread gave me a terrible #ing nightmare. WAIT!!! It's a 'vision'. It's true.

Riiiiiiight. LMAO It did give me a nightmare, though. Stupid AussieBloke. Well, I have convinced myself (about 90%) that this is bull. We'll have to see, I guess. I'll keep checking, though... just in case. I have a plan of action I need to follow if this is true. It's not a survival plan, just a way to make sure it's quick and painless.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Why was this moved to "Chit Chat". Is this no longer about space exploration?

Good work Moderator! It makes me sleep easier at night knowing youre ready to move a serious discussion about global disaster to your "Chit Chat" room.

Extremely mature of you.

What are forums for? And here I thought this forum was "different". My bad.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
AGAIN...this is a discussion board. We are discussing a specific topic. If you do not like it or do not agree with it then go to another forum.

...fin

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This site talks about cosmic debris entering our solar system and that the effects are unknown....

www.newscientist.com...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
GOD you should be able to stop this from happening!!!

LMAO... anyways i think its bull# coz every so often there is a post about how the world will end or someting big will happen then nothing happens, then the same people get all panicy next time around. If something does happen i'll hop in my car, get my friend and his dad and his guns and driving into the blue mountains.... or dying... either way it'll be an adventure

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Dont know if this was supposedly from the "real" Mr Bloke or not:

5/28/2004
2:24 am EDT Re: AUSSIE BLOKE - Final Post

Well #ers! Its been quite a wa-it for you all hasnt it! Sorry about the dramatics. No Im not, sorry! you, half of you are going to hell that is, the other half wherever. But you know and I know the truth. Your dead DEAD. Ha Ha. So sorry, what did you expect, A #ING sermon! Have you been to the nasa site yet you bastards? Here, Ill post it in for your lazy arses to see. plus the link of course, you dont trust your own grandmothers anymore probably. Wait on a minute. Going to fetch..
On June 27th Asteroid 25143 Itokawa is projected to enter the closest approach to Earth at a distance of .0129AU. 1 AU is 149,597,871 Kilometers, you do the math!

2 more following near earth incoming objects (asteroids) expected to arrive in our solar area on:

Asteroid No. 199 80 days 3-30-04 .887 L/h (222k mph) 993yds(d=1.13mile) 56lb/ft**3 6/18-20 12:34am

Asteroid No. 005 83 days 3-30-04 .733 L/h (183k mph) 447yds(d=.51mile) 34lb/ft**3 6/24-25 5:51am

Asteroid No. 003 (Itokawa) 84 days 3-30-04 .735 L/h (184k mph) 693m(d=.79mile) 72lb/ft**3 6/26-27 10:37am

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Well there you have it kids. Doomsday with a Capital D. I hope youve been kissing every one goodbye, stocking up on the piss for the party at the end of the world. I have I can assure you of that. Now as for your obvious abundant questions, just hold you #ing horses for a bit, read the data and look at the bloody nasa web site. Trust those bastards to steal my glory, nothing is a secret anymore and they probably dont give a # about me either. Once the cat got out of the bag it was a freakin free for all. Well go have a LOOK. Im gonna have a piss and Il be back. But please, no stupid #ing questions ok! Were beyond all that crap now.

His post is here: www.godlikeproductions.com.../1/04

I guess hes saying that the one that misses us is supposed to actually hit us and NASA is lying.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by ScoFe]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Maybe there is a limit to how long a thread can be and if it surpasses that limit it is moved to 'Chit-Chat'?

Anywho, It's interesting to me that our area has been getting a lot more storms as of late, like every other day. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Just strange...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScoFe
www.bushcountry.org...

Latest bushcountry.org post.

They believe it and the article is scary.

"Ok...here it is. I AM DR GARTREL. Happy now?"

I know how easy typos are to make, but it's "Gartrell".
Forgetting whether it's real or a hoax, it just annoys me that the name was spelt wrong.

FWIW, as I see it it's either:
1) He exists, believes it - and is wrong/crazy
2) It's a hoax

I remember someone mentioning that they read on another forum that people were preparing to kill their pets etc.
This forum (and this thread) are great fun, and there's nothing wrong with believing this comet thing is going to happen (either they'll prove me wrong and I'll look like an arse...a dead arse...or vice versa) but personally to me the killing-the-animals thing is scarier than the supposed asteroids.

Side-note: Over the next week can you guys see this thread getting a huge number of views? I think it suck's it was moved to chit chat, it's got fundamental links with conspiracy (governmental) that many threads I've seen on here just don't. I'd like to see it in a conspiracy section, even if not Space Exploration. I wonder if it could get to 100,000 views... Seems whack to me that the mods would move it and thereby lessen the chance of it being found by new visitors who might have ended up joining...I mean, its one of the most popular threads.. Oh and maybe I'm overlooking it, but when I tried to find it in the top 100 threads it wasn't there, what's with that?

Later all

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Serioulsy, I still wanna wait and see what happens, first of all if any of those comets land in china or india , they'll do our planet a huge favor 50% of the population will be gone just like that. But if it lands in America or Canada we are done. And if it lands in AUSSIE LAND, we will have a laugh. To me the biggest "SHOCKER" of it all is the post where it says that in 2002 a meteor or comet the size of a football field barely missed earth and according to CNN, and some other scientists, the stupd inepts noticed the comet only after 3 days had already passed , WHAT THE HELL??, is that how well aware the scientific community is of all the comets out there in space, they notice them after a few days have passed and have just barely missed us, that is HORRIBLE. To me that is just plain proof that we as human beings without telescopes and astronomy education, are simply anyday and anytime targets to any asteroid comet or meteor. And wether or not we get hit this month by any rock from space, I WILL GO ON LIVING MY LIFE, KNOWING THAT AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT WE CAN GET HIT BY A COMET and the scientists will say oh darn we didn't see that coming/

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
ScoFe....

That is not the real AB. He said he would not post again until he came back fromhis trip in which he did...and his post sounds a little less mean.

OH...BTW his last post is on Bushcountry.org

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Cocco]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why go on living a life of fearfulness? Accept that you WILL die, it's only a matter of time. Live life like you love it. Don't worry about all the what ifs, cross that bridge when it happens, because if a disaster like that is coming what are you going to do, really? What I'd like to know. If we are all going to die I'd like to be one of the first instead of having to live a #ty existance as the world cleanses itself of the human infection.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by arsenine
Side-note: Over the next week can you guys see this thread getting a huge number of views? I think it suck's it was moved to chit chat, it's got fundamental links with conspiracy (governmental) that many threads I've seen on here just don't. I'd like to see it in a conspiracy section, even if not Space Exploration. I wonder if it could get to 100,000 views... Seems whack to me that the mods would move it and thereby lessen the chance of it being found by new visitors who might have ended up joining...I mean, its one of the most popular threads.. Oh and maybe I'm overlooking it, but when I tried to find it in the top 100 threads it wasn't there, what's with that?

Later all

Yea I know. I see some posts about some of the most rediculous outlandish things and yet thats legitimate enough to stay in its proper forum, and then when something that actually may concern millions of people and has actual NASA websites with real data backing up some of whats been posted here, which also coincidentally happens to be one of the biggest and most viewed threads in the history of the site, they move it the fking chit chat section. What. The. Fk.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
oh get ovah it.

it's about the discussion is it not, not where the hell it is, don't worry about no steenking points. you'll be fine with out them.

Continue!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Considering all of the other BS that is posted and seriously discussed on this site, this should not have been moved.

Administrator on a power trip!??

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
USE THE COMPLAIN BUTTON!!!! KKTHX!

Nobody can help you but Admin, so instead of whining about it like a small child, please use the complain button, on the LEFT SIDE of the screen!

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The thread posted by ScoFe entitled "Very Scary End Of The World Article" has been moved to BTS. Whether the information in the artical is true or false, or believed to be true or false by moderators, should not cause its dismissal.
With all of the BS discussed on this site, i do not see the difference in this article.
ScoFe should continue to accumulate points and this thread should be moved back to ATS.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Times are on my Sydney computer, but it can give you a rough idea of the growth of views...

3:15 42,450
3:35 42,519
4:00 42,581
4:47 42,690

Pretty cool
people should post more. More often changing 'last posts' = more reason to re-check = super happy fun slide

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
ScoFe, I moved this, check your u2u's you should have got the moved thread u2u with a message from me.

Moved because it got to a point where most people had written it off and others continued to post a lot of small posts and clutter up the thread. Instead of trying to clean up the thread I just moved to chit chat. (This may also discourage anyone who might have considered posting just for points).

Unfortunately the whole situation is a whole lot more 'hoax'-ey than 'space exploration'-ey at the moment.

As I said in the u2u though, if the world blows up in June, we will move it back to the other forum.

Any comments/questions/complaints about the move please feel free to u2u me or any other staff member, or use the suggestions/complaints button at the top of the page.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ok scratch that.

My bad, moved back into ATS, sorry for the concern all this moving around has caused. An excellent complaint by member Johannmon made me realise that this thread, hoax or no, would indeed be better off in ATS. If only due to the hard work people have already put into it. The original move was in no way intended to belittle that work.

As such however, the strict posting rules of ATS come back into play. Get back to it people.

Again, any comments complaints love/hatemail u2u or complain etc, keep this thread on track.

Starting to feel like the cup and ball game here, remember to keep your eye on the forum with the armageddon thread in it!

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join