It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Vaccine Matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wanted to post this for everyones benefit on here!

Whether this season’s swine flu turns out to be deadly or mild, most experts agree that it’s only a matter of time before we’re hit by a truly devastating flu pandemic—one that might kill more people worldwide than have died of the plague and aids combined. In the U.S., the main lines of defense are pharmaceutical—vaccines and antiviral drugs to limit the spread of flu and prevent people from dying from it. Yet now some flu experts are challenging the medical orthodoxy and arguing that for those most in need of protection, flu shots and antiviral drugs may provide little to none. So where does that leave us if a bad pandemic strikes?

But while vaccines for, say, whooping cough and polio clearly and dramatically reduced death rates from those diseases, the impact of flu vaccine has been harder to determine. Flu comes and goes with the seasons, and often it does not kill people directly, but rather contributes to death by making the body more susceptible to secondary infections like pneumonia or bronchitis.

www.theatlantic.com...#

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I haven't had a single shot since I was in 2nd grade. I seriously get sick like twice a year, and not seriously at that. I'm around sick people all the time and never catch what they have. I either have a kick-A immune system or some magic barrier.

I've done great with no vaccines my whole life. All I do is take my multivitamins daily and wash my hands. And I may add I don't even have that healthy of a diet.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Take the shot. C'mon, you know you want to. All the cool celebrities are.

Even this guy named Faust took it, he said it was ok.

seriously, nice update. S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grrrrt

Thank you for that!
I'm in the same boat.
Why get the flu with a stupid shot when you can get it with a juicy kiss?

Of course that would only hurt the profit margin of big pharma anyway!
They make their money by keeping us sick and coming back!
Shhhhh!
Dont tell anyone!
People may take responsibility for their own health for a change!

We dont want that! It may kill the huge health care industry that it is!
Word.

P.S. Everytime my mother gets the flu shot she promtly gets the flu!
Hmmmm........? Nah. I know, take the shot or else........

[edit on 14-10-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Thank you Mike!
A post after my own heart!

Well done! Thanks again!

Ask Micheal Jackson how much you should trust your doctor!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I would, but Michael Jackson has been recently named as Obama's Dead Celebrity Czar. He won't return my calls.

Topic: In my humble opinion, H1N1 is nothing more than a media-political-generated hype fest.

Why?

Dunno.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hehe, that explains why he wont return mine either!

I think I can answer that question.

Profits.

Remember this guy from bush's crony crew?

The prospect of a bird flu outbreak may be panicking people around the globe, but it's proving to be very good news for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other politically connected investors in Gilead Sciences, the California biotech company that owns the rights to Tamiflu, the influenza remedy that's now the most-sought after drug in the world.

Rumsfeld served as Gilead (Research)'s chairman from 1997 until he joined the Bush administration in 2001, and he still holds a Gilead stake valued at between $5 million and $25 million, according to federal financial disclosures filed by Rumsfeld.

money.cnn.com...

Flu, like war, is good for business!!!

[edit on 14-10-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Serious Vaccine Reactions to Now Be Called 'Coincidence'?

articles.mercola.com...#

Drug companies have sold $1.5 billion worth of swine flu shots, in addition to the $1 billion for seasonal flu they booked earlier this year. These inoculations are part of a much wider and rapidly growing $20 billion global vaccine market.
But some say it's not just drugmakers who stand to benefit. Doctors collect copayments for special office visits to inject shots, and there have been assertions that these doctors actually profit handsomely from these vaccinations.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Vaccine is good business so it does matter especially in these trying times.

Big pharma has to eat too.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

Yes, thank you for that!

Like war, it IS good for business!(and for our friends)

Apparently so is running a big bank into the ground!

Or the entire country.

We love our "bidniss" for shore!
But just not on our shores, anymores.

top topics

join