It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands claim to see this man in their dreams

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I realize that this is a [HOAX] but... in my dream studies I have personally shared dreams with at least 12 people in my lifetime who have remembered, and on top of that have heard from several people who have shared dreams with their friends or family.

This is not totally outside our current literature as researchers like Linda Magelleon has written a book on it called Mutual Dreaming.

I for one have personal experience that we can share dreams at some level but this occurance is so rare it's hard to control and replicate easily.

From my perspective, it's this kind of hoaxing that will ruin future mutual dreaming claims as being sensationalism. I don't like it when a fraud can ruin a good thing which we may one day all realize en mass.

Like shared dreaming for example, is a real phenomena of dreaming as is precognitive dreaming.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Even after looking into this hoax, I kind of want to make that picture my avatar...

Still, out of 6 and a half billion people, I am sure some of them may have had a dream about someone who kinda-sorta looks like that guy.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I've had mutual dreaming episodes with my girlfiend, many times when not in immediate company. The imagery itself was completely different but the themes right on the money. Her representations tended to be verbalized while mine were direct imagery or action. What I mean is that I tended to dream the manifestation of what was only discussed or warned about in her's.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

That's awesome. I haven't had a confirmed on in many years now, but when they did occur it was almost to the "T" the same dream as the other person.

I was lucky enough to be at work one day when some employees that knew each other started talking about a dream and to their suprise they all had the same dream, which is so uncanny but it was awesome hearing them validate dream details and certain exaggerated characteristics very specific to the dream at hand, because they were so unique and characterized to that particular dream.

I had a friend who had a dream that both his mother and sister shared and all realized it was the dream they had when talking about it during breakfast.

This phenomena is very real based on my exposure to it, but also very very rare.

Cool on your's with your girlfriend

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So its a viral campaign - BUT what is it all about, maybe I'm just thick or marketing doesn't work on me????

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That face is amazingly creepy and I hope he does not show up in my dreams.

His face is so unsettling to us because his facial features are slightly off. The most obvious 'off' feature is his lips. The edges of most people's lips lie up with the irises of their eyes. Go look in the mirror and prove it to yourself and then look at creepy guy.

There are other facial ratios that are fairly uniform:
ears are in between edges of lips and edge of eyes,
the distance between most people's eyes is the same size as one of their eyes

Obviously, these are not true for all people. My husband has very small 'tator tot' ears that are 2/3 the size they should be to be proportional.

I knew 7 years of art school would come in handy somehow on ATS!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
hey I look like this guy, dont say I'm unsettling.

I find myself quite good looking. Psh!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
He looks like glenn the retarded guy from the ringer with johnny knoxville

media.ebaumsworld.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by TheFaiThfulSkepTic]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

One night as me & my girlfriend were asleep we were woken up by things being knocked over in the living room which was right next to the bedroom. We both went in there to find a big white tomcat followed one of our cats through the pet door. It got pretty nutty as this thing absolutely freaked when it realized it was somewhere it didn't want to be and didn't know how to get out.
Anyhoo, after we got it out of there I mentioned to my gf that I wasn't sleeping very well and was having bad dreams and oddly in one of them there were people in our living room and they didn't seem nice. She then told me she had the same dream.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think the face is a digitally produced amalgamation of famous serial killers' features. Bundy, Dalmer, Manson, etc.

If not that, it looks like a pic of someone in which Photoshop was used to edit (enlarge and move) particular features on the face, made into a high-contrast black and white image that was then made into a 'sketch'.

I suppose it could be both. I use Photoshop enough to know that I could come up with an equally disturbing image myself using the above techniques.

I must also admit that Alfred E. Neuman was the first thing I though of too, but I think of him all the time anyway. This speaks volumes about how seriously you may or may not want to take my input.

That being said... The FACT that this site was created by a self-confessed "Guerrilla-marketer" with a fascination with hoaxes DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN that he wasn't sought out and commissioned by a "legitimate" source to help spread "awareness" about this "issue".

Hopefully you can tell that I sincerely doubt it. I'm just "throwing it out there". It is possible that the guy has generated enough attention with his past projects that someone who is sincere has hired him to do this.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think he looks just like Gerald Celente! He doesn't seem very creepy to me, though, just kinda' self-assured.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
He sure doesn't look familiar to me.

One of my first thought's was it looked like someone composited many faces to make the most vague face possible.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by greenfruit

I am really tiring of this viral marketing stuff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Weird. But I can bet you anything I will be dreaming of that face tonight.
My dreams are usually based on things that have happened during the day or different things I've seen.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bb9c363e7f5.jpg[/atsimg]

You mean this guy? noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's 8:09 am here and I'm happy to report that I did not dream of this man last night! Thank goodness!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I know what the marketing of this is for. There is a movie coming soon with this plot.

I went to the theater to watch Paranormal Activity two weeks ago and a preview came on for a movie about a psychiatrist who listens to her clients all mention a man in their dreams. She has one or two of them draw a picture and she realizes it is the same man. Needless to say the movie looked really freaky. The bad part of this is that I can't remember the name of the damn film. The actress that plays the psychiatrist is the same woman that plays the lead in the Resident Evil movies.

This is all a ploy to get people to think it is a real phenomenon so they are more likely to watch the film. It is the Blair Witch Project all over again.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by AZChica]

The movie is called The Fourth Kind. In the movie, people dream of an owl instead of a man. Here is the link:

www.rottentomatoes.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by AZChica]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AZChica

That movie is about alien abductions. It has Milla Jovovich in it I think.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yeah, at first I thought it could have been legit but now? naww....viral marketing is rampant these days and it's the only answer I can come up with - seems to fit the bill perfectly.......as well as the 'name' of the person making the site.

And boy, is that face creepy as fook. After looking at it for a couple of seconds, however, it completely reminded me of Vinnizi from The Princess Bride ^_^

I really have to learn how to embed a pic in my posts - apologies for the external links :\

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XHellcatX

LOL,

[edit on 10/16/2009 by beezwaxes]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join