It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands claim to see this man in their dreams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Umm, well ahem! I don't dream of guys. (hiding smirk)
I do see some deep aspirations for a pair of tweesers in any of the patients
who might be dreaming of such a person. Sheep shears or somethin man.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I haven't ever seen him in my dreams but guess now I will...

Focusing on Ernie really hard now. Ernie, Ernie, Ernie, in color, Ernie, Ernie, Ernie.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
man r u kidding me?
i kno ima see him soon after staring at that pic.

ARRGHH!!! its all psycological.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RjKon
reply to post by TravisT

Something about that mans face is....

Unsettling.

I disagree. In fact, I think the exact opposite. His face is happy, calm, and empathetic.. And in my opinion there is absolutely no sense of "smugness" from what I can tell from his pin up.

Completely amazing story.

Somehow I doubt the government or psychologists are planting this man into people's dreams, especially because the report said the 2000+ people who dream of the man seem to have no apparent common trait that they all share, BESIDES having him in their dreams...

Besides, how many times have you seen an image of a person you don't know and then later had a dream about him/her?

Some phenomenons just aren't meant to be explained.

I certainly hope I have a dream about him, and if I do I'll be posting it in the gray area.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Umm, well ahem! I don't dream of guys. (hiding smirk)
I do see some deep aspirations for a pair of tweesers in any of the patients
who might be dreaming of such a person. Sheep shears or somethin man.

What are you even trying to say?

Could you post more clear so your words are at least eligible and not hidden in a message that... if I'm not mistaken (and I problem am, so I apologize in advance) dismisses the entire thing as somehow homosexual?

We're supposed to be discussing these things in a mature manner, here..

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
no. this is complete BS and what a good way to spread it around...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
every night throughout the world hundreds of people dream about this face

Yet their collaborated description for the sketch artist came out to that crappy pic?

I have seen amazing sketches based one one testimony alone...

Very interesting concept hypothetically though. Does this pic remind anyone one on ATS of someone they know or dreamed of? Honestly, it looks like a pic of someone that would look like the average Joe imo.

Directly from the site:

"HISTORY

In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life.

That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist's desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life."

Maybe you should have read the very first sentence of the very first paragraph on the history of the drawing before you came to the magical conclusion that the drawing was made by a sketch artist.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The first time I saw the picture, I immediately recognized him as my minds eye character of the visitor in Whitley Streiber's book "The Key".

Now that I've had a second look he looks like Gerald Celente.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by The Undertaker]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hmm, strange days or should I say 'nights' indeed! Though what exactly is the connection here? What on Earth is it all about? I shall have to tune in to the 'twilight zone'.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think he has a resemblance to "Alfred E Newman" (the character from "MAD MAGAZINE") as well as the twilight zone dummy... lol

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
For myself, this picture falls into the "uncanny valley" for me. I can't look at it for any length of time as it is, as someone else has stated, unsettling.

"The uncanny valley hypothesis holds that when robots and other facsimiles of humans look and act almost like actual humans, it causes a response of revulsion among human observers."

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ugh. If I ever have this dude in my dream and get sleep paralysis straight after, I'm totally gonna need a change of underwear.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I did some Googling, and found out that the website "thisman.org" is owned by a guy called Andrea Natella.

whois.domaintools.com...

Some more Googling revealed that he is spokeperson of Guerrigliamarketing.it.

The moto of this advertising company born in Rome in 2003 is "# the market to enter it." They rely on non-conventional communication techniques, like the creation of fictitious events or campaigns reaching the limits of the legality to break into the media system. The aim is to achieve the maximum impact at the minimal cost possible.
One of their operations on the urban territory was Shock and Hoax. During the US/Iraq conflict, they cordoned off several streets or famous monuments in Rome with white and red ribbons and fake military messages that said "war zone", "no trespassing", " refugee camp in construction - sorry for the inconvenience", "mine clearing zone", "biological warfare free zone", etc. The idea received a large coverage in the national press and was quickly adopted in several cities.

www.we-make-money-not-art.com...

www.guerrigliamarketing.it...

From an interview with Andrea Natella:

Claudia D’Alonso: what are the techniques of guerrilla that you prefer to use?
Andrea Natella: There is no preferred technique. Each time it all depends on the idea that must be communicated. We enjoy ourselves more when we play with what is false; we invent unlikely stories and the mass media bites.

Claudia D’Alonso: i have noticed that compared to historical organisations of culture jamming, like Adbusters, you don’t make use of television advertising. Can you explain the reason for this choice? How do you think the scene of culture jamming is changing in relation to the choice of media in which the viral communication is injected?

Andrea Natella: Actually, at the beginning we made a false ad for Esso. There is a couple that is coming back from a party in a car, they stop a garage and fill up the car. We see, however, that the petrol ends up in bottle and not in the tank. A moment after we see the man transform into black-block activist and he throws a petrol bomb. Then we see the slogan: “Esso good for war, better for guerrilla”. It was an attempt of repositioning the Esso brand during the war in Iraq to face the boycotting that came from the no global front.

www.rhizome.org...

So I don't think there is much reason to worry about the creepy, little guy with the weird eyebrows messing up your dreams... He is just a part of some advertising stunt.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yeah this just looks like an average person to me, not surprised at all that this face is showing up in dreams...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Yeah, I thought the site had too much of a viral interface. Good finding, slice.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Given that it is a rough sketch, it actually looks a bit like me. Bold claim, I know. But consider this, I have had many people that are complete strangers say that they think they have met me somewhere before. And when I sleep, I rarely have a dream myself.

You can compare to a video here

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
He seems familiar though, as if somewhere i seen him or heard of him.
His head is also very unusual..i wonder what his skin colour is, he could be this alien man that is supposed to appear in 2010/2011

EDIT: on second glance, it looks like viral marketing sos crew it.. anyways i looked at this pic once last night and had a dream about Vampiress' and me..so... hehehe ^^

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Carl Sagan Anyone?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73d91b99d0f0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0e540cf7ed9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The hair on my head stands up when I look at him, so unfortunately I cannot study his face...

I'm not joking, I can't look at the picture.
I don't know why, but looking at him gives me goosebumps and not the good kind. His eyes are extremely large for his face though.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I puckered up the courage to look! Not so bad when the pics are small- seems to only scare me when the pic is blown up...

Reading the dreams, it seems he gets people to like him and then he tries to gain their trust, even when at first they feared him.

Also, seems he likes to seduce people, even straight men.

Wonder why these people lust after him the way they do. I find it very strange.

I will probably dream of him tonight too. $#@* !!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join