It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age / New Thought / Self-Help authors members of mystery socieities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've heard that Napoleon Hill and Dale Carnegie were in a kind of occult fraternity (no source).

There are rumors that one of the authors of Kybalion was William Walker Atkinson*, perhaps the one that coined the word "law of attraction".

There's also the word "Rosic" that appears at least 3 times in the "blockbuster" self-help movie "The Secret."

*Some of Atkinson's known pseudonyms include:

Yogi Ramacharaka
Swami Bhakta Vi#a
Swami Panchadasi
Theron Q. Dumont
Theodore Sheldon
Elias Gewurz
Magus Incognito

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

ATS member & forum moderator Skyfloating is both a Mason and an author of Law of Attraction books. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Point being? I don't buy into the whole "mystery schools are evil" ideology. Not at all. If that is what you are trying to insinuate or whatever, it's bunk.

Mystery schools taught original spirituality before organized religion entered the mix and distorted everything. That, my friend, you can bank on.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yep it's all tied together. Common themes span the globe in various amounts of disguise. To call it anything "new" in this domain is simply ironic marketing to arouse curiosity.

infobrazil better not be dissin' my main man WWA.

I recommend reading everything one can get your hands on and making one's own decision. Of course if one views anything but one's own religious doctrine as heretical, then the mind is already made up. I'll be forever thankful for having no religion of any sort foisted upon me in my upbringing. It allows me to ask question and seek answers without much cognitive dissonance.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You guys can find hair in an egg, can't you?

top topics

join