It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Joe Biden should resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Arianna Huffington has come out with a shocker: she thinks that Joe Biden should resign.

Say what?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

An excerpt:

Joe Biden met with CENTCOM chief Gen. David Petraeus this morning to talk about Afghanistan -- an issue that has pushed the vice president into the spotlight, landing him on the cover of the latest Newsweek.

I have an idea for how he can capitalize on all the attention, and do what generations to come will always be grateful for: resign.

*snip*

Obama may be no drama, but Biden loves drama. And what could more dramatic than resigning the vice presidency on principle? And what principle could be more honorable than refusing to go along with a policy of unnecessarily risking American blood and treasure -- and America's national security?

I must say that Arianna has a point there.

And if Biden does resign on the principle of not supporting the war in Afghanistan, then No-Drama-Obama ought to give him his recently-won Nobel Peace Prize, eh?

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Excessive Bolding – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Lord, no. Wouldn't Pelosi move to veep, then?

Second line -shudder-

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Excessive Bolding – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

Mirthful Me Mod,

Thank you for your edit -- I not yet made an effort to find out to do those external links, but now I know how. I had done the bolding in order to make up for not having the external link know-how.

Thank you for taking your time to show me the ropes.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I would actually love to see one of these guys actually stand for some sort of principles. I personally think that Biden doesn't have the stones to actually go through with it, unfortunately. It wouldn't bother me to see Pelosi as the VP and for one reason: It would cement the death of her political career and illuminate her as the true moron that she is.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by mikerussellus

Not necessarily, unless Obama chose her and she was confirmed. 25th Amendment to the Constitution.

You may recall when Spiro Agnew resigned the VP position, Gerald Ford was chosen by Nixon to be the VP. When Nixon left office, Ford was raised to the presidency and chose Nelson Rockefeller as VP. Both those choices still had to be confirmed by both Houses of Congress.

Not that I think Biden will resign, just sayin'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Whos Joe Biden, oh ya that guy Obama has living with him in the white house, whats he do again?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Resign? In this economy are you serious?

He wouldn't be able to find a job anywhere.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by slipknotrules2009

Joe Biden doesn't live in the White House.

Traditionally the VP lives at a large house on grounds owned by the US Naval Observatory.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by slipknotrules2009

Joe Biden doesn't live in the White House.

Traditionally the VP lives at a large house on grounds owned by the US Naval Observatory.

The real question is does Joe Biden (his time) know that, though?

And I'm thinking that his outspoken, shoot-from-the-hip style probably makes obama uneasy.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Resign? In this economy are you serious?

He wouldn't be able to find a job anywhere.

I'm going to play the devils advocate here. I think he probably could find a job as a news reporter. Karl Rove seems to be on a lot of news programs these days. He is on fox a lot... I'm sure Joe Biden would have no problem getting a job as a commentator for the MSM.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Resigning to prove a point? Isn't that running away from a problem? she want's Joe Biden to be a quiter and a coward and thinks that is a good thing? WTF?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would be glad if that idiot Joe resigned. I just don't like him and I don't think he has anything good to offer this white house or the American people.

new topics

top topics

join