It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Why call it "2012 End Times"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Anyone who reads information on 2012 realize very little has to do with the end of the world and having this forum thread listed as "The 2012 End Times" and "2012 Thread Index-- Read All About the End of the World" tells me that you made up your mind and that we wont see the year 2013. Why not have it as "2012 Conspiracies". To me if I have 2012 as a peace and a time of evolution, this would be in the wrong thread.

So is this used to attract new people or did someone here on ATS already solve what will happen in 2012?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This thread should be in the Board Suggestions Forum

I think the forum name makes sense. Since generally speaking 2012 conspiracy is synonymous with doomsday.

Not that your points are not valid, they are.

If anything the self-fulfilling prophecy power that this date has accumulated will easily trump the Y2k. Something to consider.

Also, I have not given up on the notion that the Mayans were marking some cyclical terrestrial (or celestial) event that was impact full enough to end a calendar cycle.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yeah those end times titles always kinda annoyed me. But yes they should be renamed "2012 prophecies" or "2012 conspiracies"

flag for you

[edit on 14-10-2009 by InfiniteOmnipresence]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
advertising 101, dramatic names are a great hook.

link   
[edit on 14-10-2009 by The Cloak]

link   

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Drama may be a part of it, but I also think that many people confuse the end of a cycle and the end of how things are now, with the end of the world. I think a more appropriate name, if you're still hanging on to drama, would be "the end of the world as we know it".

The calendar does end on that date, after a larger cycle composed of 13 smaller cycles that all together lasted several thousand years. Some folks believe that the Mayans knew something major would happen on that date, the world would experience massive (but not necessarily fatal) changes, and (possibly) a new cycle would begin.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cloak

Doesn't it suck when you have somehting witty to say, yet hit the enter key a few times too many because you're excited..?

On topic:

Leave it...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Why call it "2012 End Times"? A lot of people say that most mean that it will be the end of life has we know it. Meaning that the way we live will change and as always with great change there will be very unhappy people who will stop at nothing to keep the change or try to stop it from happening.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

I think it's belittling.

But I am not a 2012 believer either, and I think by 2012 our world will already be in a state of mass horror.

new topics

top topics

join