It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the swine flu right now breaking news!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't really know for certain what to think about the H1N1 or the 'remedy' for it. All I can say is things don't seem to look right with this whole thing.

When I was in Cali I got 'something' though just before this whole Swine Flu thing started to be talked about. I rarely get sick but when I do, it's no big deal. Whatever I got knocked me off my bum perdy good and I didn't have access to my 'remedies' at the time. But even though it sucked, it wasn't 'real bad'. I can't say for sure what it was but it did have symptoms similar to that usually attributed to the H1N1.

I personally will not get the shot or any shot but I won't tell others not to get it. That is a decision they are going to have to make concerning their own body and conscience. But I will say, whatever choice one makes, look into it first and think about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

I doubt that, I know people who say that and include their kids in on it, it is just not true, you do get it you are just not in touch with yourself or in denial. I suppose you send your kids to school everyday too huh?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Were you actually tested for the swine flu? A family friend went to the doctor they tested her for the common flu strain and it came back negative, and sent her on her way saying it was swine flu when they didnt even check to see if it was possibly just a cold or some other flu.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
According to what i read today in this article, its better to get ill from the swine flu instead of getting the vaccine against it:

Like all vaccines, the flu vaccine only gives a temporary immunity to the virus strains or closely related virus strains contained in the vaccine. The only way to get natural and permanent immunity to a strain of flu is to recover naturally from the flu. Natural immunity to a particular strain of flu can be protective if that strain or closely related strains come around again in the future. However, because the vaccine only provides a 70 to 80 percent chance of temporary immunity to selected strains and those strains may or may not be prevalent each year, doctors say you have to get a flu shot every year.

I wish you good luck and fast recovery

Ko3

[edit on 15-10-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Im on 2 weeks of having it now and i am getting much better,
Its been a tough ride more so for my chest, the coughing has been bad,
What really was odd for me was how quick it came on! I was fine then in the space of 1 hour i was down with full blown flu, That lasted a week the 2nd week has just been recovering from the cold i also seemed to get with it,

I never took Tami flu, Just hot drinks, paracetamol and over the counter bits and bobs, Athough the doctor wanted tgive me Tamiflu

I did have to get some antibiotics for my chest this week just to try and push this over the edge,

This flu had an odd feeling to it that im not sure how to explain, do other swine flu suffers know what i mean?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by asala]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
What really was odd for me was how quick it came on! I was fine then in the space of 1 hour i was down with full blown flu, That lasted a week the 2nd week has just been recovering from the cold i also seemed to get with it,

I never took Tami flu, Just hot drinks, paracetamol and over the counter bits and bobs, Athough the doctor wanted tgive me Tamiflu

I did have to get some antibiotics for my chest this week just to try and push this over the edge,

This flu had an odd feeling to it that im not sure how to explain, do other swine flu suffers know what i mean?

Even though I never got tested and don't know what I had...whatever I had hit me suddenly too and it did feel 'different'.
Hope you get better soon Asala! And anyone else sick! Swine flu or not!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The wife and I both have it and have for a week now. The OP is lucky, we "still" have fever 7 days in. I'm on Tamiflu, Azithromycin, prednisone and some narcotic cough syrup. It's just now after a week starting to break but it's been hell. We spent the first 3 days literally unable to get out of bed.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Thanks for the post. It sounds like you got exactly what I got. I had a cold for a couple of days and then BAM flu hit me hard went home from work and here I've stayed. I don't usually call off sick. I'm definately getting better right now except for my chest and really bad painful cough. I got a prescription for some cough syrup with codine but that didn't do anything to stop it. The only thing thats working is Honey. I haven't slept much all week so I'm exhausted too. I may go in and see if I can get some anti biotics for my cough if it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
The wife and I both have it and have for a week now. The OP is lucky, we "still" have fever 7 days in. I'm on Tamiflu, Azithromycin, prednisone and some narcotic cough syrup. It's just now after a week starting to break but it's been hell. We spent the first 3 days literally unable to get out of bed.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I may have to go back in and get an antibiotic for my cough it doesn't start clearing up. Get well.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I had it as well, but only lasted about three days.
Take a lot of VITAMIN D and VITAMIN C. No kidding! It changes it very quickly.
It's very simple!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Meditate if you can. I know during this time it is hard to do but seek peace and ask for healing energy. You will be healed. Just trust your higher self.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by true-life

I wish I could believe that. I do believe that meditation can be really healthy in the grander scheme of things and as a part of a healthy life...but I just don't know if I believe a couple of meditations can heal me from this. I'm about ready to try anything though to get rid of this cough. Any body have a cure or home remedy?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Those of you who have had the H1N1 flu, any idea where or how you might have gotten it? Just curious, did your kids have it? Maybe someone at the grocery store coughed all over you? I am quite the OCD type of person and wash the crap out of my hands and so forth, I try to stay away from hacking coughing people. By no means am I taking the flu shot.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
Those of you who have had the H1N1 flu, any idea where or how you might have gotten it? Just curious, did your kids have it? Maybe someone at the grocery store coughed all over you? I am quite the OCD type of person and wash the crap out of my hands and so forth, I try to stay away from hacking coughing people. By no means am I taking the flu shot.

I got it from visiting my friend in the hospital who had it. Her problem was it turned into pneumonia. I always get hit hard with the seasonal flu, so when I got it I didn't even think it was the flu. I felt like I was on the verge of the flu, not bad enough to were I couldn't lift my head off the pillow, but I did have alot of nausea and despite trying to push myself I couldn't go about my normal routine. It lasted for about 3 weeks.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

It's too hard to say. I deal with the public quite a lot and money and checks and mail. Plus have kids in school. Heck my son might have already had it. just a mild fever and flu like symptoms for 3 days. He wasn't serious enough to take in. Too hard to say. I do keep a container of hand sanitizer on my desk at all times.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I think I truly sense what you mean, if you will pardon me, back in the mid seventies I took acid and it had a poison/ strictnine cut in it, it left you with that same 'feeling' as I honestly sense you have experienced.

Having been around a couple confirmed cases I have felt briefly what you are getting at, it almost has a dimensional rift attached to it, a sinister under current of pharmacopiapoisoning.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sorry if i may ask this but i got a few questions on this, how does a person get swine flu? do you get from the air or from a sick person that you didn't know he was ill with the flu.

And can people who had swine flu tell me what are its real main symptoms?
or its early symptoms.

Get Well OP

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
If you are having somewhat severe breathing issues / coughing you should ask your Dr to put you on preventative antibiotics against pneumonia.

You either get a very mild flu, a rapid death or you get a bad flu which leads to a month plus of recurring upper respiratory illness and secondary infections, most commonly being pneumonia.

That's the exact variant I had and I was ill for a very long time. Flu patients who are treated with the antibiotics usually recover quickly and come out of it just fine. A number of people who caught the long lasting version did die of the pneumonia infections though, especially in Mexico.

Good luck and if people around you didn't catch it be very careful. If a certain theory being tossed around is correct its possible for you to infect others with the more fatal stage of the virus.

Did you receive antibiotics? If so what kind?
Thank you

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You can get it from being sneezed or coughed on or near an infected person, or by touching something that they touched then putting your hand on your face.

The main symptom seems to be fever and a really sore throat accompanied by coughing, congestion, aches and pains etc. From what I understand the sore throat is the biggest indicator with this particular virus.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
I had it as well, but only lasted about three days.
Take a lot of VITAMIN D and VITAMIN C. No kidding! It changes it very quickly.
It's very simple!

Actually it isn't so simple - it worked for you -- it might not help someone else - I feel it is worth a try and in fact I am taking Vit D and C now as a preventative and will up it if I get it - but everyone is different - what works for one may not for another -- much like some people will get a mild flu - some will get something similar to a regular flu some will get very sick and some will die - everyone is different

[edit on 17-10-2009 by justme1640]

<< 1    3 >>

join