It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the swine flu right now breaking news!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have the swine flu right now. It's made me re-think my anti swine flu vaccination stance. I've been out of work for 3 days and probably won't be in tomorrow either. This is the first time in my life that this has happened. It's like the flu, but worse. Fever for 3 days and nights. Blah!

I probably still won't let my family get the vaccination but ...it's been rough.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My wife and I were talking about this tonight, after she found out 2 people at her work have a husband and a daughter that have HINI (like a behind). Both of these women are still working and have no symptoms, but still it does make you think when it's closer to home.

We also had a recorded message from the school district about the HINI vaccine permission slips that are due on Thursday!!

Good luck Amazing, do you have any idea how you got it, and did you or are you gonna take the vaccine??

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My personal advice is to take:
acetaminophen for the fever.
gravol to help the nausea
decongestants if needed
and make sure you keep your fluids up.

NyQuil cold and flu is good too.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
elderberry is what you need. Try natures way sambucus extract since its the best tasting. Its a proven anti-viral and actually helps inflammation too. Its not some pussy-foot herb either. That along with sublingual vitamin B and megadose C an you'll be fine.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Why do you believe it's swine flu at all? It can be simple common flu. As I read from your post not a single doctor made a diagnosis.

My advise: black and white tea + apple.

Also, did anyone near you got the vaccination recently? If yes, you already can figure out where from you got the H1N1... if you have that at all, what I doubt from your present description.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I had swine flu as well.

I know it has to be pretty strong because i NEVER get the flu, ever.

However, It wasnt nearly as bad as i thought....
Yes fever, coughing, body aches, chills, etc etc. But to be honest it wasnt all that bad. Lasted about 5 days and I was good to go.

I didnt take anything special, theraflu twice and liquids, hot baths every afternoon, and lots of klinex.

All in all, from what i DO remember about having the flu, Its my opinion this wasnt as bad.

My doc said "Youve got h1n1 theres nothing i can give to you" I said ok cool, well atleast i wont have to get the vaccine. he says
"oh you still need the vaccine because it mutates so fast you wont be immune to it again"

To which i reply, "well if thats the case then how is the vaccine going to help me if it mutates enough to keep me from being immune to it"

To which he said "......................"

LoL anyone have an answer to this? Why get the vaccine if it mutates fast enough you cant be immune? Isnt that how a vaccine works?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

not taking the vaccine. Too late anyway, I already have it. The Doctor said there is a lot of sickness out there right now and most of it is swine flu. I can see the logic behind wanting to mass vaccinate everyone due to the contagiousness and severity of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

Should have been more specific. I was diagnosed by a doctor. In addition, this is much worse then any flu I've had in the past.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Yeah man, I tell ya that when it was arms length away it was no big deal, but when it closes in it makes you think a little harder. I'm still against the un-tested or very short term tested vaccine for me and mine.

Capt. Morgan rum is always a good cure
it's 5 oclock somewhere.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I don't know what a flu is as I never really had one. So you can tell me.

But please keep my friendly advise: drink tea + take vitamins. If your temperature goes high, take a cold bath. Even use swathing on your forehead or on the back of your neck. That will take your temperature down if you have any.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My daughter's getting over the swine flu right now. She's doing fine. In fact, it's not as bad as the typical seasonal flu.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Garlic is another anti viral ... however if you have nausea you probably wont be able to keep it down but it is one of the most potent anti virals. if you can stomach eating have a meal prepared with a clove or 2 of garlic in it goes with anything italian or if your ultra mega hardcore you can just eat 1 whole, some people like the taste well good luck bud

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Above all I wish you every prospect, towards the quickest recovery.
Get well partner.

Randyvs

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
reply to post by amazing

Capt. Morgan rum is always a good cure
it's 5 oclock somewhere.

Honestly, ever since I started drinking more than rarely (3 or 4 years ago), I haven't gotten sick. I probably drink more often than I should, but hey, I don't get sick! So I think that kinda balances things out a little.

It is possible that my immune system has developed more at the same time but I didn't start drinking until i was 25 =/ Who knows.

But until I find otherwise, I like this method

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anyone who has had the regular, seasonal flu will most likely ALL tell you that the Swine flu is not as bad for MOST.

Typically, the seasonal flu can have you down and out for one to two weeks, while the Swine flu is past the worst of it in 3 to 5, without as severe as symptoms.

There isn't anything to do except rest, fluids, control the fever and take your vit D. You only need to be concerned if you show respiratory symptoms beyond the benign cough. Any wheezing or shortness of breath, get yourself evaluated ASAP. Most deaths are from SECONDARY resp infections.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Garlic and Echinacea tablets will provide an immunity system boost

If you cant get your hands on that, eat lots of garlic bread

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the well wishes and advise all! Much appreciated. My doctor told me that you get steadily worse for 3-5 days and then it starts to get better. I'm telling you though man, this is the worse I've ever been hit with a flu or any other sickness.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If you are having somewhat severe breathing issues / coughing you should ask your Dr to put you on preventative antibiotics against pneumonia.

You either get a very mild flu, a rapid death or you get a bad flu which leads to a month plus of recurring upper respiratory illness and secondary infections, most commonly being pneumonia.

That's the exact variant I had and I was ill for a very long time. Flu patients who are treated with the antibiotics usually recover quickly and come out of it just fine. A number of people who caught the long lasting version did die of the pneumonia infections though, especially in Mexico.

Good luck and if people around you didn't catch it be very careful. If a certain theory being tossed around is correct its possible for you to infect others with the more fatal stage of the virus.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
elderberry is what you need. Try natures way sambucus extract since its the best tasting. Its a proven anti-viral and actually helps inflammation too. Its not some pussy-foot herb either. That along with sublingual vitamin B and megadose C an you'll be fine.

Agreed - I have got plenty of elderberry available - more than I need for myself - at least I can hand it out if anyone I know needs it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My secret is plenty of rest, light eating, tea (particularily chammomile and peppermint tea),one warm shower a day, a spoon of honey as needed for sore throat, a good chicken noodle soup with some onion and garlic (yum yum) and love.
Has never failed me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join